Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

How do you take this panel out?

Old 11-23-2011, 02:11 PM
Dr. G has a spectacular aura aboutDr. G has a spectacular aura about
Does anyone have a good source for a foldable sun shield?

Old 11-23-2011, 02:12 PM
tx2900 is on a distinguished road
Same issue. Dealer will fix under warranty, if that applies.

Also, my dealer recommends cracking the windows slightly in warm weather. Tough decision if you park outside.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:38 PM
AMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Dr. G
Does anyone have a good source for a foldable sun shield?
www.heatsheildstore.com We use these from here, they fit really good. For all makes and models. It is a good idea to have one of these. They work good to keep the sun off the dash.

Old 11-23-2011, 04:18 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Great job chirag. Looks perfect.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:37 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
This is a very valuable thread I am going to sticky it so that users can reference it for this apparently common issue.

Last edited by sunir; 05-01-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:58 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
Local trim fix

A less than capable "green" adhesive was used to assemble numerous leather trim pieces to their substrates on the interior of our cars. The same base of windshield part failed twice on my 07 car. The initial failure was replaced by another OE part...when it failed again, also under warranty, it was sent out to a local trim shop. Problem solved.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:20 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
I had my windsheild tinted to hopefully minimize this type of damage and to minimze the suns damage to the leather/wood on the dash . Mine has a little bit of color but you can do it clear/almost clear if you don't want any color.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Fubar has a spectacular aura aboutFubar has a spectacular aura about
Good thread, I suspect regular application of leatherique would be a big lifesaver for those of us who have to park in direct sunlight.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:37 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
^^^If you're parking in direct sunlight in high temps, you really should use a sunshade. It'll help prevent shrinkage a lot better than a leather product.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:57 PM
spawnywhippet has a spectacular aura aboutspawnywhippet has a spectacular aura aboutspawnywhippet has a spectacular aura about
The wooden panels in the centre of my DB9 dash have been sun-damaged. Any recommendations on how to remove and re-finish these?

Old 01-04-2013, 01:24 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^spawnywhip please post some pics of your car and the damaged area it may help others to help you

Old 01-04-2013, 01:41 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by spawnywhippet
The wooden panels in the centre of my DB9 dash have been sun-damaged. Any recommendations on how to remove and re-finish these?
Removal: fast forward to about the 3 minute mark, and be more careful than this "expert":

I've removed mine before, and it's really not that bad once you know where the clips are and how to unclip the nav display. Frightening the first time though!

Old 01-04-2013, 02:43 PM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sunir
^^^spawnywhip please post some pics of your car and the damaged area it may help others to help you
And start a new thread to keep this one on point?

Old 02-02-2013, 12:27 AM
conceptm6 is on a distinguished road
Mine has become unattached on the driver side. Behind the instrument cluster. Any tips or instruction on removing the same panel on the driver side is greatlly appreciated!

Old 02-02-2013, 08:10 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Driver side is easy.

Pop the instrument cluster hood off (about 6 fir tree clips around the edges). Get your fingers under both sides nearest the windshield and lift up until it releases. Then move your hands toward the steering wheel & lift again. Once off there's a leather strap with one screw to remove.

Panels on either side of the instrument cluster are also only held on by fir tree clips. Just lift off.

That will expose screws holding the piece closest to the windshield (it's probably the one with leather shrinkage). You'll need a short handled screwdriver.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How do you take this panel out?