Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DIY oil change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 05:59 AM
mcm66 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Racer_X
I talked to Mike with Bamford Rose about this and he said in regard to the V12V that unless you put slicks on the car and drive the car extremely hard (well), you don't need to worry about oil starvation issues on the track.
Unless you forget to top it up!
Wasn't me!

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
SKMBT_C25312022313401.pdf (415.8 KB, 288 views)
Old 03-31-2012, 03:07 PM
blayne is on a distinguished road
Just did an oil change on my 09 Vantage. Was all pretty straightforward. One thing to note, it is a good idea to run the car at about 7-8 quarts. I attempted to put it all in at once and the 11th quart was stuck in the funnel. Was a little messy getting the funnel out while trying to keep the oil in it but nothing a few rags couldn't clean up. Ended up taking off the belly pan to wipe off the oil that ran onto it but other than that, all went well.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:39 PM
mark higinbotha is on a distinguished road
Good to know there was a god reason my tech recommended I do it the way you now understand is the best way. Not really too difficult of a job and a big money saver, especially if you can buy the parts right.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:24 AM
spainconection is on a distinguished road
clarifying reset oil change

Originally Posted by AMFixer
DB9 and V8 can be done without the AMDS. I have yet to find one that this doesnt work on.

1. Shut all doors
2. With key in position 1 hold the t1/t2 button in the center stack.
3. Turn key to position 2 still holding the t1/t2 button.
4. Watch for the yellow triangle to start to flash at least three times, let go of t1/t2 button after three flashes. Should hear a audible beep.
5. Turn key on making sure service light is off

Might take you a couple of tries to get it. If you have a ECU key the same process works. Just keep your foot of the brake so car will not start.
As always changed the oil before starting any indicator light
ask:

in my car, always get a text saying routine review (the dealer program after each oil change, it goes on display every year), I see no light on, see triangle

I travel less than 2000 km years.

SPOKEN HERE, light it Appears, But When you see a text Saying routine review, Appears Each year of the last oil change, does not Appear for miles.

proceeds in the Same way to clear the light?

other questions:

when driving less than 2000 km year, it is imperative to change the oil every year, I ask??

When traveling less than 2000km year, that time we can hold the oil without changing it, that if we can fill if the level was low.

thanks in advance

Last edited by spainconection; 04-01-2012 at 02:30 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:00 AM
AMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to all
Originally Posted by spainconection
As always changed the oil before starting any indicator light
ask:

in my car, always get a text saying routine review (the dealer program after each oil change, it goes on display every year), I see no light on, see triangle

I travel less than 2000 km years.

SPOKEN HERE, light it Appears, But When you see a text Saying routine review, Appears Each year of the last oil change, does not Appear for miles.

proceeds in the Same way to clear the light?

other questions:

when driving less than 2000 km year, it is imperative to change the oil every year, I ask??

When traveling less than 2000km year, that time we can hold the oil without changing it, that if we can fill if the level was low.

thanks in advance
Yes same way to clear the light.

Aston Martin recommends you change the oil once a year reguardless of miles or km put on car.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:25 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Got a case of oil from my BMW dealer a few days ago and got my oil change kit from eBay yesterday. For some reason, they are now shipping two copper washers in the package. Any idea why?

Old 06-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
Just did my oil change after ordering parts and oil online. It was a breeze thanks to the clear directions and feedback in this thread. You guys are awesome!

I had only one copper ring in my package included. I noticed that the dealer had NOT installed a copper ring (the bolt comes with a seated rubber ring standard) last time they did my oil change. I did install the copper ring at first but the ring was sitting "funny" and not really planted, so I removed it and put the bolt back in without the copper ring (same way that the dealer had done it). I ran the engine for several minutes and kept the car on the lift to see if there was any leakage and there was none.

This car is actually much easier to work on than many other high end cars.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:57 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Book marked for future use

Old 01-05-2013, 10:17 PM
UrLuvKeepsmeAliv is on a distinguished road
Smile

Hi there. I am new to this forum. I just got my 2006 DB9. I will be doing my first oil change and after reading this fine tread my courage has build to do so. Where can I get the bypass filters from? I checked online but no luck. Thanks for help anyone

Old 01-06-2013, 09:08 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UrLuvKeepsmeAliv
Hi there. I am new to this forum. I just got my 2006 DB9. I will be doing my first oil change and after reading this fine tread my courage has build to do so. Where can I get the bypass filters from? I checked online but no luck. Thanks for help anyone
There is no bypass filter on the V12. Think you need to reread this thread again before tackling an oil change....it is way harder than you think. I've done lots of oil changes in my lifetime on some real difficult cars. But the V12 is so hard I didn't bother (and I've got lift).

If you do go forward, make sure you post how you managed. Like to hear from someone who has done it himself.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:34 PM
UrLuvKeepsmeAliv is on a distinguished road
I will try to drain the oil from the top with a vaccum pump initially...I always do that on my mercedes.. Has anyone attempted that befor on a DB9?/

Old 01-20-2013, 03:34 AM
shadowhusky will become famous soon enough

Hey everybody, I was going to get everything that I needed tochange my oil but maybe I’m missing something. In the write up it says to replace the bypass filter and plate but thereis no mention of where to get one. Does everybodyjust mean to replace the “O” ring on the bypass filter and then reinstall thefront and rear bypass filters And plates. Also does anybody have a link on where to get the filter replacementkit. I cannot find one on EBAY for a 2007V8 Vantage

Old 03-21-2013, 03:18 PM
RnB_Sensation is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by shadowhusky
Hey everybody, I was going to get everything that I needed tochange my oil but maybe I’m missing something. In the write up it says to replace the bypass filter and plate but thereis no mention of where to get one. Does everybodyjust mean to replace the “O” ring on the bypass filter and then reinstall thefront and rear bypass filters And plates. Also does anybody have a link on where to get the filter replacementkit. I cannot find one on EBAY for a 2007V8 Vantage
Same questions I have have. Want to do an oil change in a few weeks. Can someone that has done an oil change on a V8V recently share where they purchased the engine oil (11 qrts? brand? weight?), oil filter, o-rings, and bypass filter (if required). This thread was started a while back and information may be out dated. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:40 PM
shadowhusky will become famous soon enough

Castrol TWS 10w60. Youcan get it at your local Aston Martin dealer or most likely a BMW dealer if youdon’t have an Aston dealer new you. Ijust bought a case of oil that way if for some reason I need a little extra Iwill have it. You will only need toreplace the O rings on the bypass filters not the actual filters. I actually was able to get these from mywork, we have a huge supply of O rings here, so I cant help you with that onebut I assume that any place that would sell O rings in a large enough sizewould be a good place to start. As forthe oil filter I got mine from the dealer, genuine aston martin $30 oil filter.I have been told that you can use one of these two other filters the jaguarversion is C2C41611 and the Land Rover one is 4H23-6714-CA

Old 03-21-2013, 03:56 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RnB_Sensation
Same questions I have have. Want to do an oil change in a few weeks. Can someone that has done an oil change on a V8V recently share where they purchased the engine oil (11 qrts? brand? weight?), oil filter, o-rings, and bypass filter (if required). This thread was started a while back and information may be out dated. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.
Bought my oil change kit through eBay, but I believe the vendor was actually Miller Motorcars in Connecticut. Bought the oil from my local BMW dealer as it wa half the price of the Aston dealer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DIY oil change