Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

07 Side View Mirror Arm Deterioration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 11:20 AM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Good to know. This is why having forums like this are so important. Btw, how did you like you cats/exhaust upgrade? Not sure if you already posted an update in a separate thread. What combo did you install?

Old 09-16-2012, 08:45 PM
dehnert is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Other parts

Originally Posted by Aston.Ca
Btw, how did you like you cats/exhaust upgrade? Not sure if you already posted an update in a separate thread. What combo did you install?
Oh yea! I also recently has RSC air filters, 200 cell cats, and the Touring sound exhaust installed. On the outside of the car I had a new set of door sills (N400 I think) installed as well. The difference is tremendous. I can feel the bump in power when I drive, and the best part is I know there is still more out there. The headers and then the ECU flash are now on the short list. Sound wise its just night and day. Where before, even when the baffles opened up the car sounded nice, but still a bit tame. Now it rumbles with power, and roars when you put your into it.

The only issue is that the dealership had some difficulties installing the exhaust system, and they had to make a few cuts on some of the connecting parts. They talked with RSC about all of this and in the end its all hooked up nice and tight. The only thing that might have caused this, at least that I can think of, is that they may have shipped me a DB9 exhaust by mistake. I say this because after I got the car back and I was cleaning up the box the exhaust was shipped in, I noticed that the packing slip said it was a DB9 exhaust. The next time its up on the lift I'll have the dealer take a few pix and I can send them to Stuart and we can see if its actually a Vantage unit, or if it’s a DB9.

I'm not complaining though. I love the improvements, and I cant wait to do a few more.

Old 06-04-2013, 03:34 AM
SOPHIEB85 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mikey k
As I say I had mine replaced under warranty.
The dealer told me it was a known issue with a few batches from the supplier.
They are powder coated aluminium.
So I'd suggest remove them, media blast them and re pwoder coat them.
To get the off the door card and small piece of door glass need removing.

Mikey K, I have the same problem but Aston are saying it's not covered under warranty. Please help!

Old 06-04-2013, 06:30 PM
dehnert is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SOPHIEB85
Mikey K, I have the same problem but Aston are saying it's not covered under warranty. Please help!
Aston Martin DID cover my corroded mirror supports under warranty, and that was after the normal factory warranty. You can remind the dealership that this has been done under warranty before. That might help them push Aston Martin to cover the problem. The info that might help is as follows...

Customer Number: C02204
Invoice Number: 177592
Dealership: Marin Luxury Cars
Date: 24 Aug 2012

There were no "special circumstances" in my case. If need be, send me a personal message and I can scan the paid work order and send a copy to you to use as leverage.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:57 AM
SOPHIEB85 is on a distinguished road
Hi,

Thanks for that info. I've spoke to them again making them aware that this is clearly a common problem and have said I know others who have had it rectified via the warranty. If they come back with a no then a copy of your paid order would be great thanks :-)