Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Door Lock or Alarm Module Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 03:44 PM
macksamus will become famous soon enough
Door Lock or Alarm Module Problem

Hey guys,

I am hoping you might be able to help me diagnose an issue (if any) with my car.

I noticed that my remote does not unlock the passenger side door when the alarm is not activated. So, what I end up having to do is first lock my car (such that the alarm is turned on) and only then is my remote able to unlock my passenger door.

For example, this typically happens when I go for a drive and then come back and leave my car in the driveway for a few minutes without locking it and turning on the alarm. When I come back to the car, I try using the remote to unlock the passenger side door but it won't unlock. So, then I have to go through the process described above of first locking my car and then unlocking it.

This actually happend when I was at the dealership picking some stuff up. The serivce tech said they have seen latches go out on these cars often enough to keep the parts in stock. He said the repair would take about 4 hours because they need to remove the door trim and glass to do the repair.

I am fine having them do that if that will fix the problem. But, I have read through some other posts where the problem might be related to the alarm module instead. Any thoughts? I really woudl want to avoid having the door trim taken out so as not to have any problems with squeaks and rattles down the road in case stuff isn't put back exactly how it was. I really like how my car is squeak and rattle-free at the moment.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
I had to replace the driver door's latch indeed and it was fixed. Then a couple of months later the same problem and this time they had to change the one on the passenger side. It's been over a year now and car's been fine.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:59 PM
mark higinbotha is on a distinguished road
I had to have all on my locks replaced on my 08 Vantage, but fortunately it was under warranty at the time. Although I understand your concern about rattles, I have personally taken mine off a few times and it is not really a big deal. I don't think you will open yourself up to more rattles since the door panel is screwed on verses some type of friction clip that may loose tension every time you remove it.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:12 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Similar symptoms. Had both door locks replaced by AM under warranty last year and the problem has not recurred.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:12 AM
AMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to all
There is a test procedure to test the latches. You can try that and see if it helps. But you do have to remove the inner door handles.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:36 PM
macksamus will become famous soon enough
thanks fellas for your replies....looks like i'll be getting a door latch replaced (should be covered under the extended warranty thankfully).

Old 02-13-2017, 07:56 PM
kdm
kdm is a glorious beacon of lightkdm is a glorious beacon of lightkdm is a glorious beacon of lightkdm is a glorious beacon of lightkdm is a glorious beacon of light
Resurrecting this old thread to ask a question. Door locks on my 2007 V8V coupe are acting up when using the FOB. Sometimes they lock, sometimes they don't and only reliable way to lock the car is with the key. Based on what I've read it looks like I need new door latch assemblies (6G43-65-10233 for the right and 6G43-65-10234 for the left). I don't have an issue replacing them myself, however here are my questions.

The door latches were upgraded at some time. How would I know if I'm getting New Old Stock or the updated version? Did the part numbers change?

Once they are installed will they still need to be programmed to the car and my key fobs? Assuming yes and can it only be done by an AM dealer?

Thanks for any pointers you guys may have.

Old 02-19-2017, 07:41 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by kdm
Resurrecting this old thread to ask a question. Door locks on my 2007 V8V coupe are acting up when using the FOB. Sometimes they lock, sometimes they don't and only reliable way to lock the car is with the key. Based on what I've read it looks like I need new door latch assemblies (6G43-65-10233 for the right and 6G43-65-10234 for the left). I don't have an issue replacing them myself, however here are my questions.

The door latches were upgraded at some time. How would I know if I'm getting New Old Stock or the updated version? Did the part numbers change?

Once they are installed will they still need to be programmed to the car and my key fobs? Assuming yes and can it only be done by an AM dealer?

Thanks for any pointers you guys may have.
Two other sites...Piston heads and AMOC discussed this issue too... You may want to check those sites...Good luck

Old 02-19-2017, 10:40 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Not sure how they can want 4 hours to get to it, removing the inner door panel and glass could be done in a few minutes?
I have removed mine in search if a rattle, and then once to have a dent pushed out, so a trained Aston tech will do it in a jiffy, seems they like to pad the time sheets?

Old 02-20-2017, 06:55 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Seems like a common problem with the v8v, in my 2 years of owning the car I never lock my door because it was like a weird game of wack a mole between the FOB and using the key to make sure both doors are locked. Most of the people can't even figure out how to open the door anyways, I just press the lock button to arm the alarm and then leave it.