Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin to End Current DBS Production (w/ Ltd run of 100)

Old 04-27-2012, 12:19 PM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
Aston Martin to End Current DBS Production (w/ Ltd run of 100)

Looks like a new DBS redesign is on the way for 2013, but in the meanwhile Aston wants to finish off production with a Limited Edition (limited to 100 units, with about 30 of those cars to be sold in the United States)

Link
blog.caranddriver.com/aston-martin-will-end-current-dbs-production-with-run-of-100-ultimate-editions/

Old 04-27-2012, 01:09 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ I thought the Carbon black was the last special option series to end the DBS run?

Old 04-27-2012, 01:14 PM
No32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of light
what about vantage v12 ? any idea ? will they make the convertible version ?

Old 04-27-2012, 02:13 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by No32
what about vantage v12 ? any idea ? will they make the convertible version ?
I honestly think that AM hasn't decided anything on the V12 yet. I was sure that they weren't going to make a roadster version but someone heard Bez say so at a visit to Gaydon. Since then my dealer has confirmed it and another has denied it. I was told that it was going to be a year model 12 but it's getting late for that and the last time I asked someone from Am I was told that there was no info yet. So now I'm getting a bit skeptical. AM is getting close to the end of the cycle and there was always supposed to be a finite number of V12V. I have a feeling that there will be a new V12V once the next platform is released and there may be a roadster then.

Last edited by jaymoney; 04-27-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by jaymoney
I honestly think that AM hasn't decided anything on the V12 yet. I was sure that they weren't going to make a roadster version but someone heard Bez say so at a visit to Gaydon. Since then my dealer has confirmed it and another has denied it. I was told that it was going to be a year model 12 but it's getting late for that and the last time I asked someone from Am I was told that there was no info yet. So now I'm getting a bit skeptical. AM is getting close to the end of the cycle and there was always supposed to be a finite number of V12V. I have a felling that there will be a new V12V once the next platform is released and there may be a roadster then.

Just as an aside - In 2010, I was at the JCT Aston Martin launch where Dr. Bez was also in attendance, I asked him at that time if they would ever make a V12 Roadster - he responded it went against the design principle for the car.

I agree with Jaymoney - think the V12 will be redesigned in the two years, they are not overflowing with a huge war chest - therefore it makes sense for then to further develop this car without a huge cash outlay.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:24 AM
SilverGhost is on a distinguished road
I just found out that they are on #982 of the V12V out of 1000 and could be stopping at 1000, but i have also heard they might keep going. Considering the race success of the GT3 V12V, i would think they keep going.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:36 PM
nexlogic has a spectacular aura aboutnexlogic has a spectacular aura aboutnexlogic has a spectacular aura about
I was told the Vantage V12 will end this year. The DBS Ultimate will be available later this year. The new Spy photos everyone saw will likely be a new model (called the Vanquish). They are also ending manual transmissions due to low sales/demand.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by nexlogic
They are also ending manual transmissions due to low sales/demand.
That's a damn shame!

Old 04-28-2012, 08:35 PM
SilverGhost is on a distinguished road
well if you own a V12V that is good news. To own one now could pay off. I enjoy the manual transmission. you actually have to drive the car. what a concept.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:47 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SilverGhost
well if you own a V12V that is good news. To own one now could pay off. I enjoy the manual transmission. you actually have to drive the car. what a concept.
I agree. It is tremendous to have the extra pedal. I wouldn't be opposed to a dual clutch trans but the auto they have now is not very good. I think that they are going to loose interest from some of us if they loose the manual all together.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:08 PM
maroli will become famous soon enoughmaroli will become famous soon enough
it would be awful if they ended producing the manual before having a dual-clutch box come out

Old 05-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Thought I would post this timely article.

Stick shifts popular again, despite lower gas mileage
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2012/04/stick-shift-manual-transmission-ford-focus-surprise-more-interest-------/1#.T6Aw9467C2y

Looks like we are not the only ones who want to drive a manual!

Old 05-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
  • User-friendliness. Modern manual-shift gearboxes have much easier-to-use clutch pedals than ever. Today's clutches take less effort to push and release. And they engage smoother, making it less likely a driver will kill the engine in traffic or subject passengers to jerks and stumbles on every shift.
Have they been reading this forum???

... but don't get me wrong, I love my MT and wouldn't trade it for the alternative. However, given all the clutch wear issues my only disappointment is that I tend to stick the car in neutral now when approaching a (full) stop and using the brakes where I've always preferred downshifting in the past. OTOH, I manage a lot of stop signs with a smooth, rolling stop in second gear which is fairly convenient.