Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V12 Vantage Values

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 01:48 PM
AMusic is on a distinguished road
V12 Vantage Values

Long time Lurker, long time fan. Great site, great enthusiasts.

I'm sure I'm the same boat as many who lust after a V12 Vantage, but are looking for them to depreciate a little more before I make the jump.

2011 Values are hovering around the $160k and up mark. Obviously new 2012's are 200k.

Where does everyone see the values of these cars being a year from now for a clean, used example?

I would imagine a 2 year old V12 Vantage is a pretty sweet spot. 1 year of warranty remaining, but substantially depreciated from new.

Regardless, even at $160 I think these are great cars for the money considering how awesome they are, the V12, the manual transmission and the rarity.

Thanks.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Prices will only go straight up. Okay, that's some wishful thinking on my part as a current owner. No idea really. At least in part it depends upon how many they end up making. The most recent rumor I've heard is 1300.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:31 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
My guess is $140-150K this time next year.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:57 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
I have a feeling that 160 is a great buy. i have seen a few with shall I say "boring" colors at that number with some miles. If you like the colors and can buy between 160-165, I would say pull the trigger. I would be surprised if you get lower than that with the run coming to an end.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:30 AM
adelaide is on a distinguished road
Is the run truly coming to an end though? I wonder if they do finally come out with a V12 Vantage Roadster how many people will be moving over from their Coupes?

Would be great to see the V12 become a true classic.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:56 AM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AMusic
Long time Lurker, long time fan. Great site, great enthusiasts.

I'm sure I'm the same boat as many who lust after a V12 Vantage, but are looking for them to depreciate a little more before I make the jump.

2011 Values are hovering around the $160k and up mark. Obviously new 2012's are 200k.

Where does everyone see the values of these cars being a year from now for a clean, used example?

I would imagine a 2 year old V12 Vantage is a pretty sweet spot. 1 year of warranty remaining, but substantially depreciated from new.

Regardless, even at $160 I think these are great cars for the money considering how awesome they are, the V12, the manual transmission and the rarity.

Thanks.
First off, let me say that it is a great handle. I am probably dating myself, but oh well.

Secondly, welcome to the boards.

I don't know exact figures, but I can say (and I am sure many here would agree with me) is that the prices for the V12 have been pretty firm compared to other Aston models.

For comparison sakes, I see 160k+ V8V go for 120k used in less than one year with only 500miles quite often.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:05 AM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
Oh, one more thing. If the economy crashes again, then there will be deals to be had on these cars. This is all speculation of course. But it sounds like you are willing to wait another year for a 2012 v12, so this coincides with your plans. I thought I'd just mention it.

Good luck and let us know what you decide to do.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:39 AM
You're right, I am willing to wait another year - definitely more of a budget (or willingness to pay issue) than a question of value. Hence the title of this thread.

I mean, if people genuinely thought due to scarcity, stoppage of production, or other factors that we are going to see marginal depreciation from here on in, that makes me consider jumping in earlier than later.

That being said - the wildcard right now is the economy. I'm split between whether that actually matters that much. One point of view is that those with the money to buy these cars (the pool being so small already) won't be that impacted. The other point of view is that everyone gets hit (even psychologically) and values will be impacted.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:20 AM
chirag is a jewel in the roughchirag is a jewel in the roughchirag is a jewel in the rough
Well, if the consumer confidence and the economy tanks again like in 07-08, the market will def. drop. You could have bought an 07 v8v in 08-09 for about 70k....which is right about what they are selling for now (I personally know of someone who bought an 07 v8v with 9k miles for $72k OTD in 08 from an AM dealer)....The gallardos had a similar story, I feel like the values have held just about steady since 08. But, I think that scenario happening again is unlikely.....

At the end of the day, if you are contemplating picking up a $160k car, will the extra $10-15K it MIGHT lose make a big difference in the end? You will get to enjoy for that extra year, and might even make it up if you end up selling it a year earlier.....

In any case, good luck. These are fantastic cars...

Old 06-13-2012, 08:33 AM
I don't believe affordability should be a question when contemplating $160k cars - and that's not my concern.

I think we all (or at least I do) set arbitrary limits on what we're comfortable spending - be it for cars, watches, clothes, houses - and the argument that 10k - 15k may not make a difference in the long run is valid - its also a slippery slope.

So even though I know a V12 Vantage is in my future - I want the added comfort of buying when I felt it was a good time.

Either that, or I'll get super pissed off at work and just go buy it for some good retail therapy.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:26 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by chirag
Well, if the consumer confidence and the economy tanks again like in 07-08, the market will def. drop. You could have bought an 07 v8v in 08-09 for about 70k....which is right about what they are selling for now (I personally know of someone who bought an 07 v8v with 9k miles for $72k OTD in 08 from an AM dealer)....The gallardos had a similar story, I feel like the values have held just about steady since 08. But, I think that scenario happening again is unlikely.....

At the end of the day, if you are contemplating picking up a $160k car, will the extra $10-15K it MIGHT lose make a big difference in the end? You will get to enjoy for that extra year, and might even make it up if you end up selling it a year earlier.....

I purchased my 2007 V8Vantage with 2K miles on the odometer in June of 2010 for $75K. At the time I thought I was being hosed... But I liked the color combo (Goodwood Green with Fox somthing interior & red calipers) that I pulled the trigger.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by chirag

I am not too sure about this. Many analysts are saying that the states may be facing another downgrade in our credit rating. This can lead to a huge cascade of events.

And I think you make a huge assumption that these cars will only depreciate 10-15k when there is so much uncertainty.

Originally Posted by AMusic
I don't believe affordability should be a question when contemplating $160k cars - and that's not my concern.

I think we all (or at least I do) set arbitrary limits on what we're comfortable spending - be it for cars, watches, clothes, houses - and the argument that 10k - 15k may not make a difference in the long run is valid - its also a slippery slope.

So even though I know a V12 Vantage is in my future - I want the added comfort of buying when I felt it was a good time.

Either that, or I'll get super pissed off at work and just go buy it for some good retail therapy.
I feel the exact same way. It is a psychological thing, or maybe perhaps people here just have much much deeper pockets than me. Anyways, it is only a year. A lot of things can happen within the next 12 months, and sitting on the sidelines isn't a bad idea when questions about the Greece, Spain, Italy, the US, and other countries are looming.

Of course, take everything I say with a huge grain of salt and decide for yourself.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:35 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
As you said Inglorious, this is all speculation about the economy. For all we know, we could be on the cusp of a boom. There are many experts out there, and they are often wrong. Regardless, my feeling is if you are that concerned about what might happen to the economy, you probably aren't really in a position to buy a $160k car.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by Racer_X
As you said Inglorious, this is all speculation about the economy. For all we know, we could be on the cusp of a boom. There are many experts out there, and they are often wrong. Regardless, my feeling is if you are that concerned about what might happen to the economy, you probably aren't really in a position to buy a $160k car.
First off, this is a 200k+ new car.

Secondly, do you honestly think we are going to have a boom?

I understand what you are saying, but I believe you are misinterpreting what I am saying. I am just saying that there are signs that point to another meltdown. I am just mentioning it because
A) there can be deals to be had
B) I would be really pissed off at myself for buying high
C) and it wouldn't hurt for AMusic to hold off for a year since a lot of things could happen.

People might be kicking themselves for being too trigger happy. Remember the housing bubble popping?

Old 06-13-2012, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Inglorious
First off, this is a 200k+ new car.

Secondly, do you honestly think we are going to have a boom?

I understand what you are saying, but I believe you are misinterpreting what I am saying. I am just saying that there are signs that point to another meltdown. I am just mentioning it because
A) there can be deals to be had
B) I would be really pissed off at myself for buying high
C) and it wouldn't hurt for AMusic to hold off for a year since a lot of things could happen.

People might be kicking themselves for being too trigger happy. Remember the housing bubble popping?
First, we're talking about a 2011 V12V, and even a new V12V does not cost over $200k. I know because I bought one.

Second, I have no idea what will happen to the economy next year, and neither do you. Moreover, neither do the experts (and their are those with opinions on both sides). The "signs" point all over the place and change weekly. This is why the stock market is so volatile. Yes, prices *might* come down in a year, but it's a total crap shoot. Why wait a year on the mere possibility that you might save $10k or $20k. Seems silly to me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V12 Vantage Values