Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Another Newbie...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 06:16 PM
GeorgeP is on a distinguished road
Another Newbie...

Hey Guys (and Girls)...
Just wanted to introduce myself. Just purchased a 2008 Vantage V8 Carbon Black Roadster. I am absolutely in love with this car. I must admit this is my first high end car and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed so I will probably have a lot of silly questions. I do have a couple of questions to begin...I purchased the Vantage from an upscale shop in Knoxville (but not an AM dealer). They offer service and repair for Ferrari, Porsche, AM, etc. I sent an Aston Martin dealer (south of me) but haven't heard anything. How intregal is it to get service from an Aston Martin dealer or would I be okay sticking with what I've got (I know this is a loaded question since you don't know the shop from which I purchased). I guess what I'm really asking is can I get any assistance from an AM service department or am I on my own? Next question....I contacted Aston Martin in the UK to inquire about a fitted cover. This endeavor has been in vain. Am currently looking at a similar cover offered by a vendor for the Dupont Registry. Any thoughts? I apologize for these simple questions but I hope you folks will chime in and help out another newbie. I'm also open to any observations or suggestions you may have. Obviously I'm very excited and anxious to pamper this great automobile (is it okay to simply call this an automobile). Thanks again in advance for all your help.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:15 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new addition. Others use independent shops for service without any issues. Personally, I like using the AM dealer in case I ever wish to sell.

As for a cover, your local AM dealer should be able to order you one. If not, you can get one off of eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aston-Martin-V8-Vantage-Indoor-Car-Cover-New-thru-2010-/260890545549?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &fits=Make%3AAston+Martin&hash=item3cbe49cd8d&vxp= mtr

In addition, astonmartinbits.com is a good source for AM parts at lower prices.

Finally, no need to pamper the car too much. Drive it and enjoy it!

Old 10-26-2012, 02:53 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Another U.S. distributor of parts for the AM is
BritishRacingGroup.com

Old 10-26-2012, 03:03 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Plastiq and Racer_X have given you some good advice as they ussually do

I'll add...We know you are on cloud 9, but remmember drive the car and don't be afraid to drive her hard, it's actually better for her. Enjoy it, both in the ownership and driving experience. It's a car at the end of the day it was put here to on earth to drive.

Also you can perform service on your Aston yourself or with any mechanic you feel comfortable with, Aston Service invrements are annual so look in your service log book. I use the same outfit that works on my Porsche and my race car to service my DB9.

As for Aston Martin factory fitted cover...get that for sure. It is AWESOME! THey are custom embroidered and fitted for the specific make/model of your car, don't go generic here, get the factory product using your dealer or some of the sources guys here will give you. My DB9 came with it's factory custom car cover with it and I've used it many times, when not in use put into it's carrying case and store in garage or in the car.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:29 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
But a car cover means you ain't drivin it enough!!

Old 10-26-2012, 03:33 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by plastique999
But a car cover means you ain't drivin it enough!!
!!!! haha awesome!

Old 10-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome and the advice.

I must admit I'm new to the "high end" car market and for lack of a better word....just trying to get it right.

You guys have been great.

Please be patient....I'll probably have some more basic questions.

Thanks again.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Welcome!!!!

Old 10-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Thanks again for the welcome and advice.

Will def. be ordering the factory fitted cover on Monday. That looks awesome.

I have two AM dealers that are four hours away. In your opinions, could I have my local shop do my annual oil changes then go to a certifed AM shop for the larger services (for instance the 30K)? Are the "real shops" going to go for this?

Old 10-27-2012, 04:24 PM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
Congrats on your car!

Does anybody have any suggestions for a good (non OEM) car cover ?? Or do I really need to spend the $599? (Not worried about the cosmetics, but want a good cover for the price) Thanks.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:36 PM
Spend the money on the factory OEM Aston Martin embroidered custom fitted cover. It's worth it there is nothing like it. It is the perfect cover for your Aston Martin vehicle!

Old 10-29-2012, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the advice. Def. ordering the factory fitted cover.

How about "part B":

I have two AM dealers that are four hours away. In your opinions, could I have my local shop do my annual oil changes then go to a certifed AM shop for the larger services (for instance the 30K)? Are the "real shops" going to go for this?

Thanks.

Last edited by GeorgeP; 10-29-2012 at 07:39 PM. Reason: too many drinks....
Old 11-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Originally Posted by gekko
Congrats on your car!

Does anybody have any suggestions for a good (non OEM) car cover ?? Or do I really need to spend the $599? (Not worried about the cosmetics, but want a good cover for the price) Thanks.
I got one for around 250 pnds from HWM + shipping to Canada which was about another 30 I believe. Best deal I could find anywhere. I called and spoke directly to the sales guy to get that deal. I highly recommend them.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
Plastiq and Racer_X have given you some good advice as they ussually do

As for Aston Martin factory fitted cover...get that for sure. It is AWESOME! THey are custom embroidered and fitted for the specific make/model of your car, don't go generic here, get the factory product using your dealer or some of the sources guys here will give you. My DB9 came with it's factory custom car cover with it and I've used it many times, when not in use put into it's carrying case and store in garage or in the car.
Received my factory fitted cover from Aston Martin of Atlanta today. Thanks for steering me in that direction. It is totally bad. I would have been disappointed with anything else.

Thanks again for the advice.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:05 PM
^^^ wonderful! glad I could be of assistance

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another Newbie...