Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Rapide headliner removal help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2020, 06:18 PM
corveight is on a distinguished road
Rapide headliner removal help

Has anyone taken the headliner out of a Rapide ? I’ve gotten as far as the “B” pillar upper trim where the belt comes thru. Looks like the bezel should come off but can’t figure out how.

Old 10-14-2020, 07:51 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I am having the dealer take down the headliner on my Rapide during the annual service in November. There is a screw pushing into the material and I don't want it to tear. Great Aston quality control. Service Manager never seen that before. It's right near the front of the passenger rear seat. Drives me crazy looking at. He said it's an easy job.

Old 10-14-2020, 10:02 AM
corveight is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
I am having the dealer take down the headliner on my Rapide during the annual service in November. There is a screw pushing into the material and I don't want it to tear. Great Aston quality control. Service Manager never seen that before. It's right near the front of the passenger rear seat. Drives me crazy looking at. He said it's an easy job.
I paid for a subscription. First step remove windshield. Most of the interior needs to be removed per the service manual. Seats as well. I am going to try to take it out the hatch. Headlining has come unglued over the rear seats. To remove the interior trim panels between the doors It is necessary to remove the exterior trim between the doors. Screwed and two sided taped in place. Hopefully out over the weekend.