Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

About to order a 2014 V8VS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 01:49 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
About to order a 2014 V8VS

I'm about to order a 2014 vantage V8 S Coupe, with carbon kits inside and out (very hard to find).

So far, I've only found one dealer that is willing to give a discount on the prices. Is this normal. If not, what is a typical discount that I should expect.

So far, I've been offered $8000 on a fully optioned car for a final total price of approximately $161K.

Good deal, or no?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by terminal_ac; 11-11-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:00 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Did you talk to Ferrari of Washington DC? Specifically Pieter Bastiaans there?

Old 11-11-2013, 02:10 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
I did speak to that dealership, but I'm not sure whether I spoke to that individual inparticular. They were one of the dealers that said the price is pretty much the price.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Spoke to Medhi, initially.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:27 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Talk to Pieter. Tell him Ross says hi

I can't guarantee anything but Pieter has been very aggressive on moving cars in the past.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Will do. Granted, the question is an opened ended one, where people's mileage may differ. However, I find it hard to believe that there isn't some latitude in pricing. I'll reach out to see where this goes.

Apparently, I'll be ordering in the winter for an early spring delivery.

Thanks for the input!!

Old 11-11-2013, 03:04 PM
One thing to consider is dealerships are much less flexible on made to order cars because it doesn't cost them anything. A car sitting on the lot is costing them money everyday it sits so there is more incentive to move it.

Last edited by RossL; 11-11-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:05 PM
DoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of light
Not sure on discounts, but just curious for the price you're willing to purchase new, have you considered a used V12 Vantage?

Old 11-11-2013, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by RossL
One thing to consider is dealerships are much less flexible on made to order cars because it doesn't cost them anything. A car sitting on the lot is costing them money everyday it sits so there is more incentive to move it.
Yes, this is the metric. I'm a bit less willing to settle based on the combination of options that I'm seeking. Ive had a couple of cars offered to me for some great numbers, but the color combination was not quite right.

Originally Posted by DoubleLow7
Not sure on discounts, but just curious for the price you're willing to purchase new, have you considered a used V12 Vantage?
Yes, I have but I've decided the V12 is not quite the car for me.

Old 11-11-2013, 04:14 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Heck yes, call Pieter at AM of Washington, he's the General Sales Manager. Tell him all the guys on the Aston forum sent you. He'll get a kick out of that.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:26 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by terminal_ac
Yes, I have but I've decided the V12 is not quite the car for me.
I suppose it takes all sorts!

Did you you drive one? If I was going to drop $150K on a Vantage I would try and find an "older" MY V12 that was still in dealer stock and "new" with the full factory warranty. No question of blowing that sort of cash on a V8.

Oh yeah, and if you do really still want a V8 there a some "new" 2013 MY in the below threads for $99K. Please bear this in mind when thinking about the residual value of your $150K V8 investment.....

FF

Last edited by FatFrank; 11-11-2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Rambling on....
Old 11-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by FatFrank
I suppose it takes all sorts!

Did you you drive one? If I was going to drop $150K on a Vantage I would try and find an "older" MY V12 that was still in dealer stock and "new" with the full factory warranty. No question of blowing that sort of cash on a V8.

Oh yeah, and if you do really still want a V8 there a some "new" 2013 MY in the below threads for $99K. Please bear this in mind when thinking about the residual value of your $150K V8 investment.....

FF
I've had this dicussion about residual value with quite a few people. I do appreciate you raising that issue. However, I have gone over this, and I am comfortable with the "bath" that I'm going to take on my purchase.

At the end of the day, the car will be precisely what I want, with zero compromise.

Thanks for the input.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:37 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by terminal_ac
At the end of the day, the car will be precisely what I want, with zero compromise.
Well said. The V8 is a fantastic car. The 12 cylinder guys have dry sump envy

I'm guessing you've talked to AM Long Island, but FWIW I've had a great experience with them.

Last edited by Speedraser; 11-11-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Speedraser
Well said. The V8 is a fantastic car. The 12 cylinder guys have dry sump envy

I'm guessing you've talked to AM Long Island, but FWIW I've had a great experience with them.
Yes, I have spoken to them too. Great dealership. Easy going, and no pressure.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:02 PM
timwhayden is on a distinguished road
I ordered a '13 V8V non S around Christmas last year and got a $15K discount. Took over 5 months to build it. I got exactly what I wanted and have no regrets.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: About to order a 2014 V8VS