Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston to recall 17,000 cars, mostly in USA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 12:43 PM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Aston to recall 17,000 cars, mostly in USA

I have not yet been notified of this recall:

http://cars.uk.msn.com/news/aston-ma...rly-17000-cars

Old 12-16-2013, 01:39 PM
4pipes will become famous soon enough4pipes will become famous soon enough
Had mine done last Thursday.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:54 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
This topic has been under discussion for some time in the following post:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-together.html

Old 12-16-2013, 02:06 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Got my letter last week. But since car is put away for winter, won't get rectified till sometime next spring.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:45 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by xjrs owner
got my letter last week. But since car is put away for winter, won't get rectified till sometime next spring.
+1 ^^^

Old 12-17-2013, 08:53 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Got my letter last week. But since car is put away for winter, won't get rectified till sometime next spring.
"put away for winter"? What is this "winter" thing you speak of?

Old 12-17-2013, 09:15 AM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Mine was done today.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:25 AM
spf1410 has a spectacular aura aboutspf1410 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Oh sure... rub it in!

Old 12-18-2013, 02:05 PM
JuanP is on a distinguished road
Got my letter last week and will have this done end of the month along with the Annual/10k service.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:12 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
I drove my 07 for three+ years (20,000 miles) plus four times on the track and the pedal was just fine. My 74 Fiat X1/9 (my first car) had the pedal stuck with the throttle wide open (!)… now that was a potential problem which was mitigated when I turned the ignition off. I don't miss that Fiat anymore.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:04 AM
CPB
CPB will become famous soon enough
Had it done at the annual service a few weeks ago.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:44 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dicktahoe
I have not yet been notified of this recall:

http://cars.uk.msn.com/news/aston-ma...rly-17000-cars
"Aston" leaves it to the dealerships to track down and find the current owner of the vehicle to send a letter, and then the dealer has to print and send out the letter..Normally the manufacture sends out a recall letter for they have access to pull the registered location/owner of the vehicles involved..dealerships don't have the access, so lot of the times the service doesn't have the home or not full company address..so paper doesn't get sent out, or gets lost at the company..and if everything is up to date, person in charge at the dealer has to make/find the time to send out all these papers per client involved...dumb method if you ask me

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 12-20-2013, 03:33 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
LOL so has Decarie sent their letters out yet?

Old 12-20-2013, 05:59 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Whether you know of it or not . . . Winter is Coming.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:04 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by spinecho
LOL so has Decarie sent their letters out yet?
Haha..I can get you one fast, How's the HRE's in the snow! ;-)

I don't even think George printed a copy yet...but we've been catching a couple a day, think he's gonna send them out for clients to bring in the cars for spring

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston to recall 17,000 cars, mostly in USA