Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Has anyone here owned a CLK63 Black Series?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 12:39 PM
darkusAM is on a distinguished road
Has anyone here owned a CLK63 Black Series?

Yea yea I know, chances are slim! But im wondering if anyone has owned this rare beasat, and if so maybee offer some comparison? Im thinking of switching from a black to the AMV8, mainly because my car is loads of fun but also can get very hairy, so maybee a bit more stability in corners would be welcome

Thanks for any feedback!

Old 02-17-2014, 12:02 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Talking

Originally Posted by darkusAM
Yea yea I know, chances are slim! But im wondering if anyone has owned this rare beasat, and if so maybee offer some comparison? Im thinking of switching from a black to the AMV8, mainly because my car is loads of fun but also can get very hairy, so maybee a bit more stability in corners would be welcome

Thanks for any feedback!
Couple of years ago I was lined up to buy one, had the car picked out, ppi etc. Went down to drive it and was turned off by the tranny and weight. The Aston, especially 4.7's, and S's are way more capable in turns. The Aston feels crisp and linear whereas the bl felt ok at lower speeds but very loose at higher speeds. Some is a matter of preference but I favor the aston by a big margin when it come to handling.
Just went for a nice 50 mile romp in the mountains today in my S and really enjoyed everything about it. Just give me 50 more hp and it would be heaven...eh Stuart