Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston martin vantage interior changes

Old 02-19-2014, 10:30 PM
Mochachino is on a distinguished road
Aston martin vantage interior changes

Hey everyone. I'm looking to buy a 2008 or 2009 v8 vantage. Was wondering if someone could tell me if the leather interior on the panels/trim could be changed to another color?

Last edited by Mochachino; 02-20-2014 at 02:14 AM.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:01 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mochachino
Hey everyone. I'm looking to buy a 2008 or 2009 v8 vantage. Was wondering if someone could tell me if the leather interior on the panels/trim could be changed to another color?
The big interior changes were in 2009, as well as an engine power upgrade from 380HP to 420 HP. 2008 and earlier all had the same interior since the inception of the Vantage. It will likely be cost prohibitive to change out leather interior panels, but it's certainly do-able.

BTW, since you are in Virginia (as am I) my 2007 Vantage with just over 8k miles is going to be up for sale very shortly. Just waiting for the snow to clear....

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	V8v2_zps998f3796.jpg
Views:	2604
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	336610  
Old 02-20-2014, 06:41 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
All the leather panels can be changed by unbolting and bolting in the new colored trim..or you can sent out the panel to have the leather replaced..But new panels can run up a large cash tab fast, there not cheap..might be more cost effective if you just replace the leather on the trim that is a concern by a local upholstery shop..but yes every leather panel comes off by nut/bolts/screws

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 02-20-2014, 07:23 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
[QUOTE=drcollie;4052058]"The big interior changes were in 2009, as well as an engine power upgrade from 380HP to 420 HP. 2008 and earlier all had the same interior since the inception of the Vantage. It will likely be cost prohibitive to change out leather interior panels, but it's certainly do-able.

BTW, since you are in Virginia (as am I) my 2007 Vantage with just over 8k miles is going to be up for sale very shortly. Just waiting for the snow to clear…. " END QUOTE

So what's next for you… your 2007 Vantage looks perfect.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:53 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute

Big tax bill this year from the IRS.....the Vantage must be sacrificed for Uncle Sam. Not looking forward to it leaving.

Last edited by drcollie; 02-20-2014 at 08:55 AM.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:44 AM
Aston502 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by drcollie

Big tax bill this year from the IRS.....the Vantage must be sacrificed for Uncle Sam. Not looking forward to it leaving.
So sorry to hear that Duane. You clearly are making too much money

I hope you'll be back in the saddle soon.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:30 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
Just a data point on the ineterior leather... It is REALLY nice stuff... i.e. expensive to duplicate. I had one upper panel recovered (the one that always peels on these cars) The leather on the dash is extremely fine grain... these cows never brushed up against a barb wire fence or spent much time in the sun. If you had the interior redone in what is more conventional leather.. I think you would be disappointed. Plus I haven't seen anyone who can easily match or duplicate the bold contrast stitching. You 'might' have luck re-dying existing panels, but there goes any contrast stitching.. Recommend you wait to find the colors you want. Good luck in the hunt... Great car!

Old 02-20-2014, 12:13 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold

So sorry to hear… I'm sorry I asked now.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:39 PM
ArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the rough
The door panel inserts are velcro'd in place and are easy to remove. You could always bring them to an upholstery shop and have them make completely new panels in another color you desire and save the original ones, in case you decide to sell the car later, unmolested. The panels are made of an acrylic type material under the leather, a shop could use a thin panel of masonite in the same shape and can cover it in any style or color you like.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:24 PM
The big interior changes were in 2009, as well as an engine power upgrade from 380HP to 420 HP. 2008 and earlier all had the same interior since the inception of the Vantage. It will likely be cost prohibitive to change out leather interior panels, but it's certainly do-able.

BTW, since you are in Virginia (as am I) my 2007 Vantage with just over 8k miles is going to be up for sale very shortly. Just waiting for the snow to clear....

Beautiful car! What color is the interior?

Old 02-21-2014, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by irish07
All the leather panels can be changed by unbolting and bolting in the new colored trim..or you can sent out the panel to have the leather replaced..But new panels can run up a large cash tab fast, there not cheap..might be more cost effective if you just replace the leather on the trim that is a concern by a local upholstery shop..but yes every leather panel comes off by nut/bolts/screws
Thanks for the response. So when you say I can send out the panel to get it replaced. Are you referring to taking the panels to the local dealer? also if I went to a local upholstery shop would the leather be the same quality, and match? The thing is the seats on the car Im looking at are the kestrel tan and the panels are 2 toned as I wish everything to be kestrel.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:45 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the response. So when you say I can send out the panel to get it replaced. Are you referring to taking the panels to the local dealer? also if I went to a local upholstery shop would the leather be the same quality, and match? The thing is the seats on the car Im looking at are the kestrel tan and the panels are 2 toned as I wish everything to be kestrel.
You can buy new door insert panels from your dealer in pretty much any color. I think they are around $1500 for the pair IIRC.

Or you can get them recovered locally. But if you want an exact match, you'll have to order a Kestrel Tan hide from Bridge of Weir in Scotland, and that's around $700 or so. But don't quote me on these prices, cause things change fast.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:56 PM
Interior

Here are a couple of pictures of the interior. The last picture is how I would like the interior to look.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	513
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	337076   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	375
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	337077   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Views:	1630
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	337078  
Old 02-21-2014, 02:41 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Here are a couple of pictures of the interior. The last picture is how I would like the interior to look.
If you want to change the interior so it looks likes the last photo, you should simply forget about it. Probably cost you $10K, maybe more

Old 02-21-2014, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
If you want to change the interior so it looks likes the last photo, you should simply forget about it. Probably cost you $10K, maybe more
Well thats all I needed to hear...So my search continues... Thanks.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston martin vantage interior changes