Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2015 V8 Vantage GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 09:56 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
All the paint jobs you guys are talking about... is just vinyl. The lipstick, the A-pillars, and the side strips, it's all vinyl. And it isn't mandatory on the car. You can have the car with or without the vinyl.

One last thing for perspective's sake... The last V8 Aston made prior to the current V8 Vantage was in the 1996-2000 V8 Coupe. It had a 5.3L V8 making 350 hp and 369 tq, in a car that weighed 4300 lbs. Compare that to the current V8V. What should AML do to bolster sales for a new model? The current V8V has been on the market for 9 years now, and is in serious need of an update. Yet another incremental update won't cut it.

One thing I'm really looking forward to is the redesign of the exterior for the next generation of the Vantage....

Last edited by telum01; 04-16-2014 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:59 AM
der Fahrer is on a distinguished road
I don't feel particularly fond of this development either. As someone who is in the market for a Vantage, I feel like this tarnishes the marque and makes me feel like I'm buying a $99k car instead of a $125k+ car. The difference is small, but the effect is significant.

Plus, how can I justify spending $60-$100k on a car that is 3-7 years old when the new one costs only $100k? This will undoubtedly delay my purchase.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:02 AM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
inform me..... what is the N430? is this the code name for the AmV8V GT?

Old 04-16-2014, 10:15 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by XWCGT
inform me..... what is the N430? is this the code name for the AmV8V GT?
Looking at AM's own website, it looks like the N430 and the V8VGT are the same. V8VGT might be a name used for the US market.

http://gt.astonmartin.com/
http://n430.astonmartin.com/

Old 04-16-2014, 10:33 AM
$98,200 base
$1700 destination
$2825 gas guzzler

That price basically gives you the "GT" side vinyl and no other graphics or carbon. The only options of value that I see are:

$750 clear lamps
$2690 tech package (BT, cruise, etc)
$1595 sport suspension

Opting all these gets you to $107,760 before tax and title. Not bad, but again I do think it cheapens the brand.

Last edited by der Fahrer; 04-16-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:57 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
They must have felt the impact of the F-Type

Old 04-16-2014, 10:58 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
The ONLY thing that supports the reason TO buy a regular Vantage, is that you don't have to live with the silly "rally" pain scheme. I don't know about you guys, but those paint accents are really "ricky racer". its a race car, but its not a race car...... like the GT3 Porsche, but it only has a racing badge and a little wing to show its racing heritage..... but this thing has the flamboyant, "look at me, im a race car.... kind of" color stripes.
Not true, the graphics pack which includes the lipstick, mirror covers, a-pillar/cant rail, and rear airfoil are an extra charge option on the GT.

Originally Posted by telum01
All the paint jobs you guys are talking about... is just vinyl. The lipstick, the A-pillars, and the side strips, it's all vinyl. And it isn't mandatory on the car. You can have the car with or without the vinyl.
Again not true. The only thing that is vinyl is the GT stripe graphic along the side. The other items which are part of the graphic pack are painted on under the clear coat.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:02 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by der Fahrer
$98,200 base
$1700 destination
$2825 gas guzzler

That price basically gives you the "GT" side vinyl and no other graphics or carbon. The only options of value that I see are:

$750 clear lamps
$2690 tech package (BT, cruise, etc)
$1595 sport suspension

Opting all these gets you to $107,760 before tax and title. Not bad, but again I do think it cheapens the brand.
According to Grant, the carbon edition clear taillights (black borders) and sport suspension are standard. It is the Comfort suspension that is an option.

I would add Premium Audio as a desirable option.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by karlfranz
According to Grant, the carbon edition clear taillights (black borders) and sport suspension are standard. It is the Comfort suspension that is an option.

I would add Premium Audio as a desirable option.
Even better!

Old 04-16-2014, 11:10 AM
Again not true. The only thing that is vinyl is the GT stripe graphic along the side. The other items which are part of the graphic pack are painted on under the clear coat.
Ah, thanks for the correction. Still, it's not required on the car! I'm not a fan of it on cars without livery to offset it, so that works for me

Old 04-16-2014, 12:31 PM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
Not true, the graphics pack which includes the lipstick, mirror covers, a-pillar/cant rail, and rear airfoil are an extra charge option on the GT.

so there is a AMVV8GT that has no stripes?? then, what the heck is the difference? just that the cruise control is an extra and the base price is knocked down $20k, but you get the "S" model engine mods for 430hp?

seems even dumber! why would anyone buy an Vantage S then? just buy this GT and bolt on the cruise control (with BT and Ipod mods)

what am i missing?

Old 04-16-2014, 12:40 PM
AJN334 is on a distinguished road
The ONLY thing that supports the reason TO buy a regular Vantage, is that you don't have to live with the silly "rally" pain scheme. I don't know about you guys, but those paint accents are really "ricky racer". its a race car, but its not a race car...... like the GT3 Porsche, but it only has a racing badge and a little wing to show its racing heritage..... but this thing has the flamboyant, "look at me, im a race car.... kind of" color stripes.
I do agree, why not offer a raw, striped down version of the V8V similar to a GT3RS and offer that at a lower price? The problem here is twofold. 1) Any deviation from standard production costs more time equating to more $ in development etc. 2) Even though raw track edition cars like the GT3RS have waiting lines to purchase, they are very small niche market cars and don't appeal to the masses.

One would think what AM is trying to do is offer a car that appeals to the masses at a significantly reduced price. The only thing that contradicts this are those paint/decal jobs of the GT

Old 04-16-2014, 12:41 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by der Fahrer
I don't feel particularly fond of this development either. As someone who is in the market for a Vantage, I feel like this tarnishes the marque and makes me feel like I'm buying a $99k car instead of a $125k+ car. The difference is small, but the effect is significant.

Plus, how can I justify spending $60-$100k on a car that is 3-7 years old when the new one costs only $100k? This will undoubtedly delay my purchase.
The $125K+ cars weren't selling for $125K+ anyway. In fact, for the most part, with some end of the year trunk money from Aston, a $120-125K base V8 Vantage was probably selling for not a great deal more than $100K. So the actual real world purchase price is only very slightly different. Now you can buy a 'base' Vantage for perhaps $5-6,000 less, AND you get all the cool stuff like the 'S' engine, suspension, exhaust, brakes and tail lights. Sounds like a win-win to me, and the actual real world purchase price is only slightly lower so I'm not sure it will have as much affect on residuals as one might think either.

Surely if you were looking at spending $60-100K on a used Vantage, buying a brand new one with all the awesome go-faster bits for $100K is a superb value proposition?

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 04-16-2014, 12:56 PM
The V8VGT is just a repositioning of the Vantage line. That's it.
It is not a new car. It is not a track-spec model.
There is no real difference between the V8VS and the upcoming V8VGT, except for less options and certain reduced functionality (for example, I don't think the tire pressure readout will be carried over to the V8VGT). I'm sure certain things will be dropped from the V8VS to better fit the new pricing of the V8VGT.

The current V8VS will become the basic Vantage, and that basic Vantage (the V8VGT) will have a lower base price than the current basic Vantage. That's it. That's what you're seeing. In standard Aston Martin fashion, they're calling it a special edition to get attention - it's just pure marketing.

The Vantage line will start at a lower price. The AMG-based Vantages will constitute the trim levels above the V8VGT.

Aston offering a track edition of the Vantage is a completely different topic. A track edition of the Vantage has nothing to do with the V8VGT. Aston DOES offer a track version of the V8V - it's the GT4. But that's an actual track car. The N400 was an in-between at one point. Remember the Top Gear episode with James May nearly naked and pouring water over himself while driving? If I remember correctly, that was an N400.

If you guys are looking for a track edition V8V, I think the V8VGT is perfect. Get one with no options and then prep it. You're starting from a MUCH lower price than you otherwise would be and you're getting the performance of the V8VS.

Last edited by telum01; 04-16-2014 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:01 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AJN334
I do agree, why not offer a raw, striped down version of the V8V similar to a GT3RS and offer that at a lower price? The problem here is twofold. 1) Any deviation from standard production costs more time equating to more $ in development etc. 2) Even though raw track edition cars like the GT3RS have waiting lines to purchase, they are very small niche market cars and don't appeal to the masses.

One would think what AM is trying to do is offer a car that appeals to the masses at a significantly reduced price. The only thing that contradicts this are those paint/decal jobs of the GT
The paint & decals are optional, you can spec without them.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2015 V8 Vantage GT