Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What company insure's your AM?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 10:04 AM
rscultho is on a distinguished road
What company insure's your AM?

I had a difficult time finding an insurance carrier for my AM DBS. I eventually went with State Farm, but it is not cheap.

I am paying about $2800 a year for the DBS for full coverage. Is there a better deal out there?

Old 04-19-2014, 10:57 AM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
I ran into this too when I bought my DB9. I was with American Family, and they had no problem with any of my other cars.. Mostly Porsche, however they wouldn't touch my Aston Martin. I shopped all over and went with Progressive. Might want to give them a call, I wound up changing all my vehicles and homes to them as well.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by speedracer800
I ran into this too when I bought my DB9. I was with American Family, and they had no problem with any of my other cars.. Mostly Porsche, however they wouldn't touch my Aston Martin. I shopped all over and went with Progressive. Might want to give them a call, I wound up changing all my vehicles and homes to them as well.
I tried Progressive...they would not cover the DBS. Curious that they cover your DB9...I will have to call them again.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:49 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
American Modern Collector for a few years, and now Grundy Worldwide.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:10 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by rscultho
I tried Progressive...they would not cover the DBS. Curious that they cover your DB9...I will have to call them again.

Maybe you've had more speeding tickets than me?? Although, I'd find that very hard to believe!

I think it might be worth trying them again.. Good luck.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:44 PM
First_watch is on a distinguished road
My DBS is insured with ACE. They may not be the cheapest option out there, but they have been excellent with claims (when and if they occur)...

Old 04-19-2014, 04:30 PM
spf1410 has a spectacular aura aboutspf1410 has a spectacular aura about
Allstate, with home, umbrella, and other auto. Rate is about $1100.00 per year.

Old 04-19-2014, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by spf1410
Allstate, with home, umbrella, and other auto. Rate is about $1100.00 per year.
Wow - that's pretty low! Will check them out...

I did an online quote with Grundy and it came out to $1502 for a year on the DBS. That is about what I was paying for the Jag XKR. I don't know how accurate that is - I will definitely call them.

Old 04-19-2014, 05:02 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
I use Hagerty for the Aston. May not be the cheapest, but provide excellent customer service.

Old 04-19-2014, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by mto
I use Hagerty for the Aston. May not be the cheapest, but provide excellent customer service.
Hagerty turned me down because I have a speeding ticket, or that is what I was told.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:13 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by rscultho
Hagerty turned me down because I have a speeding ticket, or that is what I was told.

Prior to Hagerty, for the Aston, I used Amica, and USAA. All are excellent insurers. Not to say, there aren't other excellent companies. As you know, insurance gets complicated, depending on age, where you live, # of cars, if have homeowners, umbrella, credit rating, track record, etc., etc. For my needs, I use Hagerty for some of my automobiles, and Amica and/or USAA for the assets to insure.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:32 PM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
34 / Los Angeles / No tickets

Vantage: 1.7k / 6 months with Mercury. Shopping around since policy expires soon.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:03 AM
bluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of light
I have all my cars, homeowners and umbrella with Erie. They have been great to deal with, and I've used them for 25 + years. I'm on their preferred program. Not at home right now, but I know my Aston costs around 650/yr. it's insured as pleasure use, up to approx 7500 miles/yr.

They are a bit picky about new customers, if you have tickets

Old 04-20-2014, 04:12 PM
atlvantage is on a distinguished road
I use State Farm for the Vantage. It's about $860/yr. 4 other cars on the policy plus homeowners and a bike.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:48 AM
Benjamin09 is on a distinguished road
I have State Farm with 4 cars, including the Aston and homeowners.

DB9 is about $1,000 a year.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What company insure's your AM?