Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Just bought another Aston today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 07:00 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Just bought another Aston today

Went to the dealership today and placed my order on a new 2015 Alloro Green Vantage GT. I hear delivery may be in about 3 months or more but I will be part of the first allocation of cars built.

Sadly, now I have to go and sell my '07 Vantage.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:30 PM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Congratulations

Old 04-19-2014, 07:31 PM
rscultho is on a distinguished road
Good deal...congratulations

Old 04-19-2014, 07:46 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Went to the dealership today and placed my order on a new 2015 Alloro Green Vantage GT. I hear delivery may be in about 3 months or more but I will be part of the first allocation of cars built.

Sadly, now I have to go and sell my '07 Vantage.
Congrats Karl-Franz, I'm really glad to hear this. You seemed really excited about the new car so I'm glad you picked one up

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 04-20-2014, 07:02 AM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
Your Car should sell quick and at a premium.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:45 AM
vince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nice
Congratulations!

Old 04-20-2014, 08:21 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Well, at least you won't have to spice this one up, already done for you. Of all the color combos, I like that one the best.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:47 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Well, technically, I will be spicing it up. I ordered it without the white GT stripe and without the Graphics Pack because I didn't want the yellow over the side windows and it's an all-or-nothing option. So I will be adding a few if the yellow hints such as the mirror covers and the rear airfoil myself using vinyl.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:56 AM
BTW. Most if you probably don't know this because all the pictures you have seen so far show the car with the contrasting lipstick, mirror covers, A-pillars/cant rails, and rear airfoil (collectively known as the Graphics Pack) but this is actually a $3,190US option over the $99,900 base price for the coupe and a $2,620 option for the convertible (slightly cheaper because it doesn't have the A-pillars/cant rails). The only thing included is the GT stripe which is vinyl and can be deleted (as I did) as a no-cost option.

In fact, the $99,900 price is a bit deceiving (imagine that) because the cars in the pictures have many options that quickly raise the price: 10-spoke graphite wheels $3,190; non-gray calipers $1,595; black grille $750; Bang & Olufsen audio $8,380; Cruise and Bluetooth $2,690; memory seats $750; piano black trim $2,270; front parking sensors $570, etc. So as you can see, it really isn't exactly a sub-$100K car.

Last edited by karlfranz; 04-20-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:12 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
No car sells at the base price these days, especially when we're talking about exotics. The base price is just the headline number to get you in the door. This is also true of the more expensive "regular" Vantage, which means that the big price differential is still there.

Old 04-20-2014, 11:38 AM
I realize that. I was just pointing out that the car shown at car shows, in news releases, reviews and pictures is not what you get for $99,990. I suspect that the great majority of people assume that a Vantage GT automatically comes with the contrasting graphics even though that is actually an option.

The pictures of the Vantage S when it first was introduced were more representative of what you actually got before options.

Old 04-20-2014, 02:43 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Good choice! There is a lot of griping about how Aston is falling behind with an old platform, low tech etc., but leaving aside any debates on 'The Emperor's New Clothes', or on how they need to stay competitive to survive, the fact remains that constant honing of the existing line has produced some wonderful cars, and we are getting to enjoy them!

Old 04-20-2014, 05:23 PM
der Fahrer is on a distinguished road
Congrats, Karl! Keep me posted about the sale of your 2007. I happen to be in the market.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:29 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Congrats!

Old 04-21-2014, 07:44 AM
AGordon678 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Congrats on the new buy. I don't think you will have any problems selling the older Vantage. There are many Aston Martin lovers out there. We know this!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Just bought another Aston today