Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin Frequently Asked Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 04:33 AM
BMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant future
Great info. Thanks ZVEZ for the thread & telum01 for maintaining it. The PS reservoir in my 06 AM vantage v8 looks like the same one in my BMW e46's.

I have a question though about downloading the docs from Aston Martin tech info. I'm going to purchase a subscription but I'm unsure if I need 24hrs or longer to download all the files? Does it limit you to one file at a time? Has anyone used an app so they can automate the download process and recreate the directory structure?

Just not sure what to expect?

Last edited by BMW-North; 07-10-2016 at 04:45 AM.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:20 AM
sdcruiser is an unknown quantity at this point
Indeed while some of these are legit concerns due to the exotic cost of a new AM, most high end cars have similar issues. Still, I would not buy a used AM without the extended warranty! Based on what I've read, having a 2 year warranty helps offset unexpected costs. One guy had 5-10k in repairs his first year on his 2006 AM V8V and the warranty paid for it.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:13 PM
Matt2364 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by sdcruiser
Indeed while some of these are legit concerns due to the exotic cost of a new AM, most high end cars have similar issues. Still, I would not buy a used AM without the extended warranty! Based on what I've read, having a 2 year warranty helps offset unexpected costs. One guy had 5-10k in repairs his first year on his 2006 AM V8V and the warranty paid for it.
Here are some documents attached on the annual maintenance and what the extended warranty covers.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Aston ESC Client Brochure.pdf (4.76 MB, 115 views)
File Type: pdf
Aston maintenance schedule.pdf (70.4 KB, 140 views)
Old 08-01-2016, 08:07 PM
sdcruiser is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice catch, thanks! Unfortunately, AM of San Diego wants way too much for their cars and rejected my offer. So will keep looking!

Old 08-14-2016, 08:40 PM
BMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant future
Early in this thread it asked for folk to add OE cross reference data to this thread. I'm working on putting a list of things I discover as I do PM or mods on my own car. Given the extraordinary number of OE suppliers Aston Martin use it is mind boggling.

Look at the Rapide for example - every supplier listed below is outside the UK.

Last edited by BMW-North; 08-14-2016 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:23 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by telum01
Can you add a link for VelocityAP in your section for independent AM parts dealers? Stuart supplies OEM parts and he's one of our board sponsors!

Thanks again for putting this together. So much awesome info!
Can you add a link for Redpants.lol in your section for independent AM parts dealers? Rich supplies OEM and custom specialty parts and he's one of our board sponsors!

Old 06-13-2018, 07:26 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Redpants
I'm not a mod anymore and my telum01 account doesn't have mod status anymore, so I can't edit anything. I do appreciate this, though!!
I know, but I found it ironic you had posted that but are currently left off of the list yourself. You absolutely belong on that list

Old 01-13-2020, 11:55 AM
Donald Cooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Such a helpful thread, thanks to everyone who contributed.

Old 11-15-2020, 02:54 PM
Andyb1217 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you SO much for all of this great info. Encouraged me to do some of my own work and saved me a bundle on unnecessary shop visits.

Old 02-19-2024, 06:39 AM
bjmsnlaw is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks everyone, very helpful.