Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Navigation Not Fully Opening

Old 08-21-2014, 10:28 PM
p1nky_up is on a distinguished road
Navigation Not Fully Opening

Has anyone else had a similar problem? My navigation screen opens to about 80% and then just stops. The screen can be fully opened by gently pushing on it... (I know probably not best idea). From fully opened, it has no issue closing.

Since the early navigation systems are so elegant looking with their lines and arrows, I rarely use the navigation. However, little things drive me crazy and I would like to find out how to fix this.

Old 08-22-2014, 01:25 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by p1nky_up
Has anyone else had a similar problem? My navigation screen opens to about 80% and then just stops. The screen can be fully opened by gently pushing on it... (I know probably not best idea). From fully opened, it has no issue closing.

Since the early navigation systems are so elegant looking with their lines and arrows, I rarely use the navigation. However, little things drive me crazy and I would like to find out how to fix this.
I'm not too sure whether the navigation-extraction mechanism on the Vantage is similar as the DB9, thus being one of the weak-spots of the car. You may have to buy this repair kit: http://astonmartinbits.com/models/5-...tage/parts/676 to get the issue sorted. You can;t go wrong with this price. Good luck!

Old 08-22-2014, 10:05 AM
Do you know off hand if that part coming with a DIY instructions or if there are any somewhere on the forum? That part looks like it could be the fix I'm looking for.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:22 AM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
Here's the service bulletin

Originally Posted by p1nky_up
Do you know off hand if that part coming with a DIY instructions or if there are any somewhere on the forum? That part looks like it could be the fix I'm looking for.

Attached Files
Old 08-22-2014, 12:15 PM
Thank you! That was very helpful. I will be working on doing small repairs in the upcoming weekends. Adhesive for dash leathers, cabin filter, and this. Figured might as well do them all at the same time.