Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB9 Winter storage final prep

Old 09-30-2014, 10:38 PM
Banned
jyu12 is on a distinguished road
DB9 Winter storage final prep

Hey guys just wanted to see if there are any concerns or issues with how I have prepped my DB for storage.

-Filled the fuel to the brim and added a bottle of sea foam to stabilize the fuel
-Front windows slightly cracked open to relieve pressure from weather strip
-Placed silica packs in the trunk, front cabin, and also under the vehicle
-Wipers shimmed up away from the wind shield
-Tires filled up 5lbs over recommend air pressure
-Hooked up ctek charger and turn on the battery kill switch in the trunk

Let me know if anyones has any other tips or trick on what else I could do to improve on my storage procedure. The vehicle is stored in a un-heated garage in the pacific north west here in Vancouver B.C Canada

Im considering on selling my 07 Tungsten Grey DB9 with 1 100 Miles on the odo pm if interested

Last edited by jyu12; 10-01-2014 at 12:06 AM.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:30 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Tires should be 50 psi

Old 10-01-2014, 10:22 AM
Banned
Thanks XJ great tip on replacing oil and the not filter in the other thread.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:04 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
I would also close the windows...There is no pressure that will build up, the vehicle will vent the air through the rear parcel shelf out the boot vent..

By keeping the windows open, your allowing access for spiders...spiders are a pain in the *** cause of the webs they make on the dash and rear deck.

In a cold climate non-heated garage, 50psi is good if your moving the car forward and monitoring the pressures every month, I put them to 60psi for my area (Montreal). When the temp dives to below +10C(I know, only +10C), pressure in the tires start to drop..so when we're sitting at -35C I'm still sure there's enough air in the tires and don't need to monitor, to be sure. When I get a PDI from Aston in Gaydon, the tires have 60-65PSI..hehe so don't think 60PSI is too high. The whole point is to "make" the tire expand and balloon which reduces the contact patch on the ground, less contact patch mean less chance of developing flat spots. The worry factor of putting high pressure is if your driving the car or inflating the tire to seat the beads, then you don't want to break the 45psi range(which we still do anyways, beyond the point though)..

BTW: your front brake pad light is on in that picture

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 10-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Banned
Hey Irish I have the windows slightly cracked to relieve pressure on the weather seal. I have used some masking tape to seal off the window opening. Do you think it would be better to just have them close? Also I was wondering how I should have my climate controls set. Right now I have vents set to floor and fan off.

I have replaced my front pads but was too cheap to purchase new sensors. I was considering on just shorting out the wires for the sensors next year as per one of your previous posts. I've pm you a while ago about spare sensors you might have. If you would like to sell them to me that would be great please pm.

Old 10-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jyu12
Hey Irish I have the windows slightly cracked to relieve pressure on the weather seal. I have used some masking tape to seal off the window opening. Do you think it would be better to just have them close? Also I was wondering how I should have my climate controls set. Right now I have vents set to floor and fan off.

I have replaced my front pads but was too cheap to purchase new sensors. I was considering on just shorting out the wires for the sensors next year as per one of your previous posts. I've pm you a while ago about spare sensors you might have. If you would like to sell them to me that would be great please pm.
Vent position doesn't matter, the ignition is off anyways so there's no worries. If you plugging in the charger though, "don't" press the battery disconnect switch..only press the disconnect switch if your storing the car for 3 month "without" a charger.

For the windows I'd close them fully, the seals aren't going to wear out prematurely and cause wind noises from keeping the windows closed during winter storage. If you'd rather keep them open, you can lower them to the amount of the auto drop glass(the equal amount of when your window lowered when you open the door), this I reccomend if storing the car without a charge as a fail safe so you can open the doors easily with the battery flat dead

Yah sry I didn't respond. All my posted are viewed like a hawk from a *bigger power*. Any form of theft and selling is instant termination. I can't sell parts my dealer sells, I also can't work on cars at home that my dealer services..Unions

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9

www.velocityap.com

Old 10-01-2014, 01:44 PM
Banned
NP Irish cut and but it is then

Does the db come out of battery kill mode if i cycle the ignition. If not how do I exit the battery kill mode?

Old 10-01-2014, 01:54 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by jyu12
NP Irish cut and but it is then

Does the db come out of battery kill mode if i cycle the ignition. If not how do I exit the battery kill mode?
Not sure on the year..it's either 1 of 2 ways..Lock/Unlock the doors by remote..then turn ignition on, if a msg in dash says "Check battery Disconnect switch", then pull the Passenger rear seat lower cushion, through the metal plate is a yellow button, push the button and you should hear and feal a *click*...it's now good to go

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9

www.velocityap.com

Old 10-01-2014, 03:25 PM
Banned
Whats your thoughts on sea foam irish? I was going to use stabil fuel stabilizer but decided to put in sea form. I did an italian tune up last year in the beginning of the season and it helped get rid of my check engine light for a misfire code

Old 10-08-2014, 10:52 AM
Basic Sponsor
I've never tried seafoam. They've only started selling it maybe a year ago in my area...I just use fuel stab into a half tank then fill the tank so it mixes well

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9

www.velocityap.com

Old 08-24-2016, 04:23 AM
TorontoDB9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi JYU12,

Few Canadian here, and will soon be picking up my 1st AM.

Can you tell me a bit more about your car cover & tarp technique? Why have you put the tarp under the car and taped it to your cover?

Sorry if it's a silly question, but I'm new here, as well as new to the winter car storage routine.

Old 08-24-2016, 05:54 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Tarp? Put it in a garage you Philistine!

Old 08-24-2016, 07:01 AM
TorontoDB9 is an unknown quantity at this point
XJRS, I guess you haven't looked at the post I'm referring to in this thread before you answered.... Shame on you!! I'm referring to the tarp under the car, which is taped to the car cover over the car. The whole affair is packaged up like a parcel, which I suspect is to address mice, but I'm looking for further details. Mice are an issue where I'll be storing mine - indoors.

Old 08-24-2016, 10:17 PM
skeena river rove is on a distinguished road
Congrats with your new db9! show us some pics when you get her. I think OP might have sold his db9. Post is from 2014. But you never know

Old 08-25-2016, 03:36 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
I would just put a heater in the garage

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DB9 Winter storage final prep