Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Where can I order Personalized door sill plaques?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 11:13 PM
anton28 will become famous soon enough
Where can I order Personalized door sill plaques?

Wanted to get a pair of personalized door sill plaques for my 2009 DBS. Can you guys point me in the right direction please.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:45 PM
spf1410 has a spectacular aura aboutspf1410 has a spectacular aura about
I was surfing AM dot com tonight and was eyeballing a set for my car. The site refers you to your local dealer.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:50 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
tonyhall38 from pistonheadsforum can offer these for a fraction of the dealer price. http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...or+sill+plates

I believe I've seen him here on 6speed as well recently. Not too sure whether under the same name.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:16 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Or have your local trophy shop make you a set.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by sdekoning
tonyhall38 from pistonheadsforum can offer these for a fraction of the dealer price. http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...or+sill+plates

I believe I've seen him here on 6speed as well recently. Not too sure whether under the same name.
I will located him. Thank you!

Old 10-21-2014, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Or have your local trophy shop make you a set.
Have you had this done?

Old 10-21-2014, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by spf1410
I was surfing AM dot com tonight and was eyeballing a set for my car. The site refers you to your local dealer.
m

Yeah I saw that too

Old 10-21-2014, 08:50 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by anton28
Have you had this done?
I have heard of other owners on the Pistonheads forum who were looking into this. Just make sure that they use good quality stainless steel for the plaque. Also, check if they offer laser engraving.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:03 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I recommend finding someone other than AM who can do this also. My girlfriend (now wife) got me a set from AM and I wasn't too impressed with the result. The indicia was more faint than the originals.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:22 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
You can also use the backside of the existing plate for re-engraving.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:29 AM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
the countersink holes for the bolts would be upside down tho. meaning bolt heads would protrude.

Originally Posted by RolexDaytona1
You can also use the backside of the existing plate for re-engraving.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:34 AM
A set of hex, button-head chrome bolts from Ace Hardware would take car of that. Yes, they would produce a little, but they might like good enough to be acceptable.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:46 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
Previous owner re-countersunk the holes on the back side... I'll have to look at how thick the plate really is and how much that opened up the hole. But the screws sit flush. ( I know there are two prior owners and each has their name on the plate of my car... original owner is now on the back side, 2nd owner facing up)... So if the backside is clear you should be all set plate wise.

But for me to get my name on there (3rd owner).... I am thinking I could sand/polish out a side for re engraving... I may experiment on the back side original owner and see what I get. May pull it off with a belt sander...

Old 10-21-2014, 10:52 AM
Make sure to clamp that sucker down if you don't want to deal with a flying rectangular ninja star.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Make sure to clamp that sucker down if you don't want to deal with a flying rectangular ninja star.
Haha yes, probably screw it down to the work bench to start!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where can I order Personalized door sill plaques?