Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Favorite Aftermarket Wheel on an Aston Martin

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 08:49 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
My car is black and I just don't like the black wheels on a black car thing..

Old 12-20-2014, 09:18 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by speedracer800
My car is black and I just don't like the black wheels on a black car thing..
Some of us didn't have a choice! The car came with these...

I plan to switch out to HRE's one day, but the cost and waiting time would prevent me from enjoying the car now.

In terms of favorite wheels I'd have to vote for the HRE p4_SC. I like all of the forged series.

Last edited by spyder997s; 12-20-2014 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:42 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Yep.. You're correct. Thanks for the help. This size and offset is the stock Db9 wheel? How much different is a 19" Vantage wheel? I'm trying to figure out what my options are and I've seen quite a few vantage wheels available on eBay as well as some sweet V12V wheels, although I really think I want to stay with a 19".

Thanks again..
Vantage is same as DB9, but V12V is different I believe.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:56 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Love the red calipers against the black though. My car is Maron Black.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:48 AM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
Love the red calipers against the black though. My car is Maron Black.
The red calipers on a black car are definitely sweet.

The monster who was the first owner of my car did this to the stock wheels and I was able to live with it till now. I've gotta get this taken care of before spring..

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumb.jpeg
Views:	224
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	410242

Old 12-21-2014, 08:27 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
The red calipers on a black car are definitely sweet.

The monster who was the first owner of my car did this to the stock wheels and I was able to live with it till now. I've gotta get this taken care of before spring..

Attachment 410242
If you want to replace those with a set of OEM wheels, I've got a set of take-offs in perfect condition in heavy duty OEM boxes. $800 plus shipping.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
If you want to replace those with a set of OEM wheels, I've got a set of take-offs in perfect condition in heavy duty OEM boxes. $800 plus shipping.
What style are they?

Old 12-21-2014, 09:47 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
I should have mentioned this before. The wheels on my car are all chrome also.

I had the centers plastidipped black as a temporary measure, until I buy new wheels.

Plastidip is fairly cheap and you can buy at your local Home Depot or lowes.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:51 AM
What style are they?
Same

Old 12-21-2014, 11:12 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Modulare 20" Vantage

When ever we go to car meets with other Vantages - the Modulare 20" wheels still draws the people more towards my car than others. Of widens the car and is a good match to the color of the exterior.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	April_1_2014Rear.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	310.8 KB
ID:	410256   Click image for larger version

Name:	April_1_2014Size.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	410.0 KB
ID:	410257  
Old 12-21-2014, 11:24 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Prefurbia I recently put a set of Modulare Wheels on my Cayenne Turbo. Really well made. I really like the tint and the offset of your wheels. What color tint is it? But why do your Lug Nuts stick out so far on your car?

Old 12-21-2014, 11:44 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
I have posted this photo before, but here you go. I updated my car to 19" Sport pack wheels from the 19"wheels that came with it.
Ron

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	410262  
Old 12-21-2014, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
I have posted this photo before, but here you go. I updated my car to 19" Sport pack wheels from the 19"wheels that came with it.
Ron
Those look great on your car! Very hard to find on the second hand market. I've been looking for some.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:54 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
Ron
One of the best shots around, by all means continue posting it

Old 12-21-2014, 04:50 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Thanks guys, I bought the rims new from my dealer they had two sets they may still have one left. It is GALPIN Aston Martin in southern California.
Ron

Last edited by Ron Avery; 12-22-2014 at 08:43 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Favorite Aftermarket Wheel on an Aston Martin