Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

mercury silver

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 02:46 AM
irvineboy is on a distinguished road
What is mercury silver and how is it different from tungsten silver? Flatter color or unpopular color?

Last edited by irvineboy; 02-27-2015 at 02:53 AM.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:56 AM
fbiguy is on a distinguished road
I have had both colors, and to my eye, the Tungsten was much lighter, brighter and whiter. Mercury looks darker, more subdued and almost like it lacked luster somehow, even though it was still just as glossy and reflective. It also seemed to me that the metal flake in it was more gold with some reddish-orange sparkling through, if that makes sense. My current car is Meteorite and it's even harder to describe why it's different, but I think it's darker, yet with a more whitish blue metal flake.

I love all the silvers, but if I were respraying, I would go Ceramic Grey. Talk about a color that is hard to describe, but took my breathe away when I saw it. The depth and complexity is astonishing.

Also, I also fell hard for a DB9 in Silverstone, which is a Ferrari color. It really showed off the cars lines.

Good Luck and have fun choosing!

Old 02-27-2015, 08:21 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by irvineboy
What is mercury silver and how is it different from tungsten silver? Flatter color or unpopular color?
My car is Mercury Silver. I wouldn't say it's unpopular, but it's definitely rare. I've never seen another Mercury Silver V8V in person, and the registry on Piston Heads has very few listed (compared to tons for Tungsten and Meteorite).

I get tons of compliments on my car, especially with how well it photographs.

Originally Posted by fbiguy
I have had both colors, and to my eye, the Tungsten was much lighter, brighter and whiter. Mercury looks darker, more subdued and almost like it lacked luster somehow, even though it was still just as glossy and reflective. It also seemed to me that the metal flake in it was more gold with some reddish-orange sparkling through, if that makes sense. My current car is Meteorite and it's even harder to describe why it's different, but I think it's darker, yet with a more whitish blue metal flake.
I'll echo most of this - compared to Tungsten or Meteorite, Mercury is more subdued but very glossy and reflective.

I haven't compared side-by-side, so take the rest of this with a grain of salt:

I *think* the metallic flake in Mercury is much finer, so Tungsten and Meteorite have a more "brilliant" glisten to them, while Mercury has a milky reflection, if that makes sense.

Tungsten is lighter, Meteorite is closer to the Mercury.

Mercury, oddly enough, shines with a greenish hue is some lighting. I've never noticed it in person, but I've seen a few pics of my car where it actually looks green!

This thread has some pics of my Mercury Silver V8V, along with a link to more pics:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/355149-new-wheel-option.html

Old 03-02-2015, 01:08 AM
irvineboy is on a distinguished road
What is skyfall? Is it like titanium with more blue or purple?

Old 03-02-2015, 09:45 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I have Meteorite, my last Vantage was tungsten... My 15' Mustang is almost identical Meteorite color!

Old 03-02-2015, 04:03 PM
xanthetic is on a distinguished road
I can't tell the difference between Snow Shadow Grey and Tungsten Silver. They look identical to me.