Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

World Challenge Round 1: Circuit of the Americas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 10:10 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
World Challenge Round 1: Circuit of the Americas

Hi Guys,

Per my previous post, we're involved as a sponsor/partner with LG Motorsports for the 2015 World Challenge Series. They are running a pair of GT4 cars, and a GT3. We'll be attending many of the race meetings, and I'm hoping to try and rally some support from the Aston owners in each area.

Round 1 is March 6-8 at COTA. Austin, Texas:
http://www.world-challenge.com/index...=56&Itemid=216

Entry list looks awesome for both GT & GTS Classes.

I thought I would start a thread for these races and see if we can organize an informal Aston get together at the track. I will liaise with the team and organize a tour of the pit garage so people can see the race cars up close and get the chance to see a race team in action!

I spoke to a couple of you already but if those who are interested want to jump on the thread we can figure out a meet location and time at the track and go from there.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 02-28-2015, 03:27 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Damn, nothing too close to me. St Petersburg, FL, is an easy trip for me but I've got plans that weekend.

Maybe something else will work out, it'd be awesome to catch a race!

Old 02-28-2015, 06:55 PM
darren08 is on a distinguished road
I would love to go... It's 8 hr road trip. Not sure I can make it. I will email if I can..

Old 03-01-2015, 09:02 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Sounds good guys. Will start threads for each of the rounds as we go, maybe people can jump in then if they're attending.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-01-2015, 03:03 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Stuart: Can you post the full schedule so we can have an advanced notice?

Old 03-01-2015, 04:38 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
2015 pdf Schedule

TV times to be announced...

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2015-PWC-Schedule.pdf (458.8 KB, 38 views)
Old 03-01-2015, 06:13 PM
Breezman will become famous soon enoughBreezman will become famous soon enough
April 17-19th Long beach Ca... I am in. will post on so cal owners group as well

Old 03-02-2015, 07:43 AM
-G-
-G- is on a distinguished road
I'd love to get a tour this weekend Stuart. Please keep me informed as to what comes about.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:49 AM
ab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of light
I'm interested in either or both of the CA events. Toured the garage last year and got some shots of one of the Aston teams prior to buying my V8V.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:09 AM
Basic Sponsor
Thanks for posting the Schedule Don. I have also contacted all the regional reps from the AMOC, so hopefully we can start to co-ordinate.

I think local reps or owners from each area would be best positioned to help organize a drive or rally point to meet up enroute. I won't know the local areas well enough. If people want to step forward for each event and help out that would be great. I'm thinking something like - those arriving from the North meet at Starbucks XXX at 7:30.... etc.

Then could all park up at the track and we'll figure out a garage tour and so on.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-02-2015, 10:13 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I got to check out the GT-E car when it was first brought to the US in 2012. I was at Road Atlanta doing an HPDE and the factory team showed up. They had just shipped the car in from England and were putting it together and shaking it down at Road Atlanta. Then I got to see it at its first race at the 12 Hours of Sebring two weeks later!

Getting a chance to see the race cars in person is a great way to build rapport with owners, it'd be awesome if people can get a few minutes to check things out before the races!

Last edited by telum01; 03-02-2015 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:32 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Breezman
April 17-19th Long beach Ca... I am in. will post on so cal owners group as well
Most likely, yes. I think we could get a good turnout for that one

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-03-2015, 05:09 PM
fbiguy is on a distinguished road
Well, I find myself late again, but I am on the cusp of joining the fun!

I haven't been down to COTA yet, but everyone I know that has been there absolutely raved about the facility.

If anyone has advise on where to stay, I am open to suggestions.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:07 PM
Basic Sponsor
fbiguy & -G-, where are you guys heading in from? I have another customer who hasn't posted here who will be attending who lives in Austin who might be able to hook up with you. There's no 'Car Corral' for Aston but I figured we could make our own!

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-03-2015, 08:51 PM
fbiguy is on a distinguished road
I will be coming down from the Dallas/Ft Worth area. I will be driving straight in to the track, hopefully around 12-1 pm. As of now, looks like we will be staying at a hotel a bit north and east of the track.

Seems like there is a ticket you can get that means a parade lap Saturday after the racing wraps up and that is what I think it is, I would be inclined to participate. I see that it also means paddock parking, probably in the 'other' category. If anyone has thoughts for or against going that route, hit me up. Might mean being closer to Stuart, if he can pull off smuggling us into the pits for a photo or two.

I will post up after I get more information. And hit me with a PM if you want to coordinate via e-mail if mine isn't in my profile for some reason!

Looking forward to it more by the minute.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: World Challenge Round 1: Circuit of the Americas