Have any of you tried Accelera tires?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 08:59 PM
Durango has a spectacular aura aboutDurango has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation Found this ad

Attached Images  
Old 03-30-2015, 09:35 PM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Raise your hand if you have ever even heard of "Accelera".
Perhaps you accelera extra fast with these tyres..

Old 03-30-2015, 09:55 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Wow rough group. It appears that they have not been tried or considered by this group. So I vote that you give them a try and give us an honest review.

Old 03-30-2015, 11:39 PM
Whag460203 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by maor
Lol, buys an AM, can't afford the tyres.
I actually do quite well financially. Thank you.

Old 03-30-2015, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by captain Greg
Not sure that is what he is suggesting? the man has asked for a opinion and was wondering if all the knowledgeable guys have tried these tyres that is all. As he says he does not track the car and is not exposed to wet conditions.

I took the OEM tyres off, and replaced them with F453 at about 65% cost of the more expensive brands, have them on My RR sport and and my merc, now for almost a year on my Vantage I have done 3000Km with them and for normal driving and the odd highway brawl I cannot exactly say they are any worse then OEM.

To simply put on the most expensive rubber because of its label if its not needed is IMHO not a nesessaty, its like saying one cannot scuba dive unless you are wearing a Sunto or a Rolex, and no other watch (like a Seiko) will do, we all know that seiko although not desirable is still a very good time piece.

So valid question, and maybe if he fits these tyres will be able to help all with constructive comments rather than speculation? as said i asked on this forum about Falken 453 and never got a response, but after running them i will recommend them.
Besides they were in stock, and in SA stock of these odd sise tyres is also a big consideration.

I have found that most guys who ask this type of question seldom owe any money on vehicles or other assets, and are of the more financially prudent specie - so that comment could be a bit out of line, just my comments
I appreciate the back up, Greg. You're correct in your assumption, and I suspect that most people on these threads are interested in fixes/upgrades/repairs that will give the highest ROI, like myself. Otherwise, just log off and take the car to the dealer, right?

Old 03-31-2015, 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
Wow rough group. It appears that they have not been tried or considered by this group. So I vote that you give them a try and give us an honest review.
Done! $232 for the two front tires, installed. Still have relatively new OEM Potenzas on the rear.

http://www.carid.com/accelera-tires/phi-22178362.html

What sold me on the tires was 1) my online research showing they do well on dry pavement and have the same speed rating as OEMs, 2) almost no $ risk if I dont like them, 3) the manager of the tire shop, who works on commission, recommended these over the $700 Potenzas. He has them on his M3 and loves them.

So far, they're great! I had to fully test them, so I immediately took the car to Bondurant to take a few laps. The only other time I did that was when I first got the car, with four OEM Potenzas, so I did have a comparison. Driving on them, I could tell no difference whatsoever in terms of comfort or handling. The rear tires always gave loose before the fronts. Could not initiate any understeer or wheel spin. In terms of noise, I actually think they're quieter than the OEMs, and the symmetric tread design may play a role.

And...I beat my prior track time (slightly)!

As I mentioned, I use my Aston as a daily driver, I don't race my car, and I never drive in wet conditions in Phoenix. I think they'll work out just fine, and I will definitely keep the forum posted.

Thank you all for the advice.

Last edited by Whag460203; 03-31-2015 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:15 AM
Originally Posted by biggynuts01
Tires are the single most important performance component of a sports car don't be cheap with those you will regret it.
Well, in that case, can I get an extra 100HP and keep cheap tires on my car! I don't mean to sound blasphemous, and I love my Vantage, but I don't consider it to be a true "sports car". To me, it's a badass GT!

Old 03-31-2015, 08:50 AM
biggynuts01 has a spectacular aura aboutbiggynuts01 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Whag460203
Well, in that case, can I get an extra 100HP and keep cheap tires on my car! I don't mean to sound blasphemous, and I love my Vantage, but I don't consider it to be a true "sports car". To me, it's a badass GT!
Yep at the end of the day all that matters is what fits your needs.

Ive been tracking cars for a the past few years and to me the most important component are the tires. There are alot of factors in tires, sidewall stiffness, compound, and weight. I have tried many many tires and i have never seen a good cheap tire. The best discount tires ive tried are the Hankook RS3s but they not much less than Michelin PSS.

From my experience cheaper tires usually are much heavier, have less grip wet/dry, heat cycle out quickly, and cause much more road noise with less mileage.

But again, some people don't even notice or care.

Old 03-31-2015, 12:57 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Whag460203
I appreciate the back up, Greg. You're correct in your assumption, and I suspect that most people on these threads are interested in fixes/upgrades/repairs that will give the highest ROI, like myself. Otherwise, just log off and take the car to the dealer, right?
Your welcome squire, i still want to know what a legitimate Aston owner is??? .

I hold my breath to get the answer from the jackass who made such a comment....Im assuming his earning his wages and to busy to reply

Old 03-31-2015, 01:04 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Let's keep it civil, please

Old 04-01-2015, 12:31 PM
maor is on a distinguished road
Your welcome squire, i still want to know what a legitimate Aston owner is??? .

I hold my breath to get the answer from the jackass who made such a comment....Im assuming his earning his wages and to busy to reply
Someone who can afford to stick branded rubber on his car

OP have you seen the fact they have their website on the sidewall yet, I noticed that straightaway

moar you are very fortunate to still be earning wages (down here most Aston driver pay wages)

You do realise we still pay ourselves a wage

Why are you getting so uppety over the fact I don't like Indonesian tyres ?

Last edited by maor; 04-01-2015 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by maor
Someone who can afford to stick branded rubber on his car

OP have you seen the fact they have their website on the sidewall yet, I noticed that straightaway

You do realise we still pay ourselves a wage

Why are you getting so uppety over the fact I don't like Indonesian tyres ?
Where did I state or imply that I cannot afford branded rubber?

And does the website text add unnecessary weight to the car?

Last edited by Whag460203; 04-01-2015 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:09 PM
midwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud of
For what it's worth, I walked away from cars for less when I was in the market to purchase. So if you're considering selling soon, just know that if people see cut-rate tires on the car they're going to assume everything else you repaired / touched / serviced was also done cut-rate. Anyone that didn't put PSS or OEM Potenzas on the car I would have likely walked away from assuming they cheeped out on other areas, weren't knowledgeable about these cars, or just weren't an enthusiast in general.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:34 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
^^^^^ This. Details matter.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by midwestamv8
For what it's worth, I walked away from cars for less when I was in the market to purchase. So if you're considering selling soon, just know that if people see cut-rate tires on the car they're going to assume everything else you repaired / touched / serviced was also done cut-rate. Anyone that didn't put PSS or OEM Potenzas on the car I would have likely walked away from assuming they cheeped out on other areas, weren't knowledgeable about these cars, or just weren't an enthusiast in general.
I agree with you on some aspects. It may make sense to walkaway from a potential purchase if you think the seller was cheap with work done on the car. But unless it was in an accident, I'm not sure how you can really be cheap with these cars (aside from tires!), as long as you have the regular maintenance and records to prove it (which I keep, so that wouldn't be an issue). All other parts almost always need to be Aston Martin OEM or aftermarket upgrades.

In terms of walking away from a purchase because the seller "wasn't knowledgeable or...not a car enthusiast," why would you do that? The guy I bought the car from knew almost nothing about the car, and he just blindly took it to the dealer for regular maintenance. Did it stop me from getting an awesome deal on a car that was well taken care of? Hell no! And I have no knowledge of what the prior two owners were like...car enthusiasts or not.

When buying a car, the most important things to do are to look for the maintenance records and get an Aston-certified mechanic to check it out.

I do agree that some people might instinctively walk from seeing an unknown tire brand on a nice car. I do think, however, that is a small minority. Most people on these forums are highly knowledgeable and, I believe, are the 1% of owners who really love theirs cars and DIY work. Most people who are interested in the car probably would not notice/care, but would pay more attention to the tread.

The manager at the tire shop told me about a few high-end independent car dealers he has deals with that were on the same road. He supplies Accelera tires for their BMWs, Mercedes, and Audis. Obviously, the dealers want something cheap, and the cars must sell, or the dealers wouldn't do it.

Lastly, just because I choose to put tires on my car that aren't a name brand, does not make me any less of a car enthusiast or unknowledgeable. The risk was extremely low (and easily reversible, might I add), I took it, and they are performing exactly the same as the last set.

Last edited by Whag460203; 04-01-2015 at 10:25 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Have any of you tried Accelera tires?