Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Fabspeed Motorsport | It is time to wake up the Vantage V8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 06:03 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
^^^ Correct. I doubt anyone who already has high-flow cats on their car is going to get a new set, just to get the x-pipe.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:48 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
If my memory serves me correctly. The x-pipe mid section used to be a standalone product offering.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:57 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by karlfranz
^^^ Correct. I doubt anyone who already has high-flow cats on their car is going to get a new set, just to get the x-pipe.
Originally Posted by cret
If my memory serves me correctly. The x-pipe mid section used to be a standalone product offering.
Just to clear a few things up, we can sell the X-Pipe separately and it will work perfectly but it will be "special order". We would like to sell the sport cats with the x-pipe because of the phenomenal gains we saw when combining the two. With that being said, if a customer already has a set of high-flow cats I have no problem splitting the package up to accommodate them. Please let me know who is interested in just the X-Pipe and we can get some shipped out ASAP.

Thanks guys, I apologize for the confusion.

Old 05-19-2015, 01:30 PM
crayzii8 is on a distinguished road
How much would the x-pipe alone be shipped to Southern Cali zip code 91789? And does anyone know the approximate cost to have someone install this?

Thanks very much!

Old 05-19-2015, 01:54 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by crayzii8
How much would the x-pipe alone be shipped to Southern Cali zip code 91789? And does anyone know the approximate cost to have someone install this?

Thanks very much!
I'll send you a PM now, install time is about 2 hours to help you get a quote.

Thank you!

Old 05-19-2015, 02:11 PM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Nick for all the great info, glad to see we've got choices when it comes to being able to provide our customers JUST the x-pipe!

For anyone local in Southern California - we are one of the largest distributors and installers for Fabspeed products, definitely can help you get these X pipes installed here at our shop in Pasadena, CA.

- Jason

Last edited by HOUSE Motorsports; 05-19-2015 at 02:19 PM.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:47 AM
Former Vendor
All PM's replied.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:29 PM
Former Vendor
Shipped another package out this week! We are getting GREAT feedback from our customers on both power and sound!!

Old 08-08-2015, 01:51 AM
Korntera has a spectacular aura aboutKorntera has a spectacular aura aboutKorntera has a spectacular aura about
How much shipped to 97202?

Old 08-17-2015, 12:55 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Korntera
How much shipped to 97202?
PM Sent!

Old 11-26-2015, 03:22 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Hey Nick,

Excellent job doing the dyno research and providing all the dyno results for both the combo & the X-pipe itself. I think you should still advertise and at least provide the option of selling the X-pipe separate as many may already have high flow cats but still want the X-pipe of course.

Great results for a great combination. This exhaust combo + a high performance ECU tune will be one hell of a power package and will transform any V8 into a total monster.

One Correction: You swapped the HP & TQ numbers at some of the rpms on the dyno chart, just FYI

Well done!

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
I spoke with our dyno tech and R&D team, and they were able to get me a dyno graph for just the x-pipe, as requested. As you can see, it makes a marginal amount of power (6-9 whp) across the rev-band, but the majority of the power in the full package is provided by the Sport Cats.

One of the primary reasons for our larger power gains vs. the competitors is that we (Fabspeed) use very high-flowing 200-cell HJS cat cores, which flow almost as well as our full Catbypass Pipes. I can't speak with any certainty, but our competitors may be using smaller or lower quality cat cores in the construction of their products. HJS cat cores are the best that money can buy, and for good reason.

Here is the graph of just the x-pipe installed on an otherwise stock 2007 V8 Vantage:

Compare that to the graph for the full package with the Sport Cats, and the difference is obvious. This is why we offer this product as a package, and not individually. Together, they offer the best combination of power and sound that is available for the Vantage!

Last edited by 007 Vantage; 11-26-2015 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-27-2015, 09:54 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Hey Nick,

Excellent job doing the dyno research and providing all the dyno results for both the combo & the X-pipe itself. I think you should still advertise and at least provide the option of selling the X-pipe separate as many may already have high flow cats but still want the X-pipe of course.

Great results for a great combination. This exhaust combo + a high performance ECU tune will be one hell of a power package and will transform any V8 into a total monster.

One Correction: You swapped the HP & TQ numbers at some of the rpms on the dyno chart, just FYI

Well done!
Thank you, I really appreciate it! We are still looking to see if it is a reasonable option and by the posts on this thread I personally think it is! It just isn't a huge power gainer without the cats!

We have done this on a customers car in the shop and it changed the entire dynamic of the car, sound and feel!

Let me know when you want to get a system ordered up!

Thanks again!

Old 11-29-2015, 05:35 PM
papigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of light
Nick Have you come up with any secondary cat delete setups for the 2012+V8V;s. I would love to see a product similar to your DB9 Catbypass xpipe
and would have to think that others would also be interested

Old 12-01-2015, 09:15 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by papigko
Nick Have you come up with any secondary cat delete setups for the 2012+V8V;s. I would love to see a product similar to your DB9 Catbypass xpipe
and would have to think that others would also be interested
Unfortunately as of right now we have not but on the flip side there is nothing we can't do. I would be more than happy to get something worked out for you maybe even developing it on your car being you are only a few hours away! I will shoot a PM over now with more details on how we can go about getting this worked out for you and anyone else interested!

Old 12-05-2015, 08:11 PM
Teekster is on a distinguished road
Price to 55364?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Motorsport | It is time to wake up the Vantage V8