Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Anyone Blackout Brightwork?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 03:40 PM
Evoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud of
Anyone Blackout Brightwork?

Has anyone body colored or blacked out the chrome around windows? Especially on Rapide? Wonder if it would look better...

Old 07-06-2015, 05:38 AM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
I haven't seen one that has had the trim painted in body color but I'm actually a fan of the chrome trim. It brings a touch of elegance and that's what Aston's are all about.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:08 PM
spikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nice
I have heard of people using Plastidip or vinyl over the trim. I have heard removing the trim and painting on other cars. I like the black trim personally. Not a fan of chrome.

Old 07-13-2015, 06:25 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
The brightwork on a Rapide is rather well applied...modify with caution. I'd trust Karl Franz to come up with a blackout scheme for the right colored Rapide, but not many others.

First, it has to be part of an overall look that will be pleasing and compliment the fundamentals of the car. Just blacking out chrome to black it out may or may not be great. And if you black out the trim around the glass, do you also do the strakes? Pipes? Grill? Key hole? Heavens, where to stop?

Old 05-09-2018, 12:41 AM
rajiggyfizzle is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you end up doing this? Interested to see how the car looks!

Old 05-09-2018, 07:09 AM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Not a fan of the blacked out look , same as carbon fibre . Its a fad that will fade with time and the classic timeless look of the Aston will remain .
If its your thing go for it , its just not my thing .

Old 05-09-2018, 08:12 AM
I think that looks awesome on the Vantage - great spec. Not sure how well it would carry over to the Rapide though, hence the curiosity. I have a Rapide similar to yours (Quantum Silver) - but think the car might benefit more from keeping the brightwork against the dark body colour.

Old 05-09-2018, 08:44 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Not a fan of Blackout trim - did a chrome wrap on blacked out window trim! There is a Rapide at Morries Aston Martin in Minneapolis that got Black Matte Wrap - brand new - not sure why they thought it would add value to a new car. A very nice wrap job though and they said it's warrantied for 10 years.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:56 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I like the bright work.

Old 05-11-2018, 12:53 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I'm not a blackout fan either and love my chrome accents, but Rich your car looks fantastic, so there's one blackout I like!

Old 05-11-2018, 04:06 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
My V8V has the trim blacked out with vinyl. The roof is also done. It's on meteorite silver so it's real dark. With dark wheels, i like the sinister look

Old 05-13-2018, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by MRCW
My V8V has the trim blacked out with vinyl. The roof is also done. It's on meteorite silver so it's real dark. With dark wheels, i like the sinister look
Looks great!