Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Any one see the Vulcan run at Spa this weekend/

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 10:19 PM
ncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to all
Any one see the Vulcan run at Spa this weekend/

It sounds sweet. I'm trying to find a lap time, rumor is that it beat the GT3 cars lap times.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:18 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
another clip..

Last edited by cret; 07-28-2015 at 11:19 AM. Reason: fix youtube link
Old 07-28-2015, 02:55 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Whoa... That's a remarkably fast car. Striking looking even as it passed the parked Lamborghini. Hate the blue accent stripe though.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:29 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Amazing car but those brakes squeal like a little girl.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:14 AM
pdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud of
I don't know if it beat the GT3 lap times at Spa (particularly in those rainy conditions). But in Evo Magazine, Darren Turner (works Aston Martin driver who is setting up the Vulcan) said it will beat GT3 cars. He also said at 200 mph it generates more downforce than the car weighs - now if we can find a tunnel long enough with a smooth ceiling we can test that out!

Old 07-29-2015, 07:55 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
As a track-only special costing 4x as much as a GT3, it better outperform it.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:10 AM
Capt Vanquish is on a distinguished road
I want one!

Old 07-29-2015, 11:47 AM
jonby is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by telum01
As a track-only special costing 4x as much as a GT3, it better outperform it.
They actually reckon it will be LMP2 pace or thereabouts, which in turn is quicker than GTE class cars (the cars that Aston run at Le Mans) - anyone know how GT3 & GTE cars compare ? I assume GTE is faster (particularly because of extra downforce) round a track, nut unsure how big the gap is

It is important to remember though that GT3s are rawer and more stripped out than Vulcan, which is being developed not just to be fast but also to be accessible to drivers with far less skill/experience than a professional/semi-pro driver

In fact, they have said vulcan will be road legal in some countries if owners go for single vehicle approval

vulcan is also 'finished' in a way that GT3 is not - bare polished carbon fibre, no loose wires, fancy lights, plusher seats, etc - if you look closely at a GT3, which you may well have done, there are areas of lack of finish which are a million miles away from Vulcan

In fact legalities aside, other than how loud the car is (inside and out) and the low chin spoiler, not sure vulcan will be any less civilised or finished as a road car than say Mclaren P1

Add in the driver training as well and the direct comparison to a race car becomes a little more difficult although that's not to say I disagree with your statement

Old 07-29-2015, 08:59 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
I want to give a rip about this car, but I'm finding it very hard. If it were at least intended and sold to be on the streets, I'd care at least a little. But limited run, track only (ok, mostly)? So what?

Hey Aston, we're still waiting for that One-77 engine to show up in...well, anything. WTF? Now you're making another super duper, no one can have one car while your showroom cars look slower and older every day. No one is buying Vanquish models. No one who buys one keeps it long and when they sell it, the loss is brutal. If you want to make hyper cars (hp and $), great, but you're supposed to trickle that stuff into the line.

Ok, I'm ranting. But am I the only one feeling this way? I'd feel much better about such a project if I felt like the One-77 had given the marque a boost. Instead it just feels like it was a lofty ****. So here we are with the Vulcan, a loftier ****. Yay Aston Martin! You've succeeded in making yourself the best builder of the most unobtainable exotica and the least desirable exotics.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:48 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I agree about the trickle-down of technology, Ibis - the Vulcan's engine is a more evolved version of the One-77's. Let's see some of that evolution in the Vanquish and DB9!

Old 08-26-2015, 04:08 PM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
I just received information that a Vulcan coming to the states.

Old 08-26-2015, 04:27 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by cret
I just received information that a Vulcan coming to the states.
yeah, there were some likely buyers at the Pebble Beach Aston events. But so what. Coming to a track here and there.

I'm more impressed in it as a vehicle now that I've seen "one" (clay model) but I'm still very unimpressed with Aston Martin's strategic blundering. Selling a few hyper exotics won't keep them in business.

The only Astons with a "waiting list" are these hyper exotics. The production cars sit in showrooms begging for buyers. Meanwhile, Ferrari buyers compete with each other to get whatever the next variation might be of whatever the manufacture makes. Aston could have that. They win and place well on the track. They have the ultimate fanboy spokesperson (J. Bond). But their product leaves the market wanting. FIX THIS!!!

Make a street legal Vulcan. Make only 100 of them. Then make a Vanquish S with some borrowed Vulcan chemistry and duke it out with Ferraris. Then make a Vanquish that makes 488 buyers beg for their deposit back. The damn movie is about to hit theaters and there will be nothing like the DB10 in showrooms. How does that happen?

Old 08-26-2015, 06:35 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
It happens (at least in part) because Aston has no money. You're comparing them to Ferrari, but that's like comparing a beggar to a king...

Old 08-27-2015, 04:02 PM
IbisRider, I agree with everything you said! While Vulcan is not street legal, I think it might be possible to register as show-and-display just like the One-77 and Zagato.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by cret
IbisRider, I agree with everything you said! While Vulcan is not street legal, I think it might be possible to register as show-and-display just like the One-77 and Zagato.
That'd be nice but the company folks at the Estate during Pebble Beach seemed pretty sure that wouldn't happen.
But the new Lagonda can go that way which is brilliant now that I've seen one.

Pretty sure the only way to see a Vulcan running on an actual road is to go to a sufficiently corrupt cleptocratic nation where one of the spoiled scions has bought a Vulcan and can drive it on the roads as much as he wants. Otherwise, it's tracks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any one see the Vulcan run at Spa this weekend/