Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Chris Harris with the GT12

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 08:29 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Chris Harris with the GT12

Why can't they make this at a reasonable price? (I was told to bring one here would cost about $500k)

Old 08-14-2015, 10:38 AM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Hard not to envy him just a little...

Old 08-14-2015, 11:53 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
There's no reason that iteration of the V12 engine can't be used as the "top trim" V12 option of the next-gen Vantage. It'll definitely make the cost for performance justifiable against the AMG-GT drivetrain.

Cost would be far more reasonable if they stuck to the materials of the standard Vantages rather than using so much carbon fiber.

Envy Chris Harris a little? No, sir. I envy him a lottle.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:04 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
A little?

Old 08-14-2015, 12:38 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by RossL
Why can't they make this at a reasonable price?
Because they know they can sell every one they make, even at crazy prices.

NA gets screwed over again...

I'm imagining one in monotone without the stupid slashes of colour and graphics. Black maybe.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:55 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Telum and Deckman,

Clearly I should've simply said "Hard to envy him just a little." Much more accurate!

Old 08-14-2015, 05:33 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Am I the only one who wishes he was riding along at around the 08:30 mark and beyond? Why riding, not driving? Cuz I can't drive like that but I want to feel it.

Also, love his facial expressions as he nears total chaos!

Old 08-16-2015, 09:36 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Just get the V12S, do a cat bypass and ECU tune and retune the transmission TCU.... Voila... Perfection.

You can easily get to 600hp from the "base" 565hp V12S. 35 HP on V12 NA tuning is piece of cake, even at that high of a specific output. We have all proven Aston always leaves a lot of room on the table on all their cars

Old 08-16-2015, 11:51 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Just get the V12S, do a cat bypass and ECU tune and retune the transmission TCU.... Voila... Perfection.

You can easily get to 600hp from the "base" 565hp V12S. 35 HP on V12 NA tuning is piece of cake, even at that high of a specific output. We have all proven Aston always leaves a lot of room on the table on all their cars
The V12S is a great car but the appeal of the GT12 isn't just the engine and sound. The 2 are very different.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:53 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
EVO with the GT 12

Rather than start a new thread, just added the new EVO video:

And why can't they ever test a car on a dry track?

Old 09-01-2015, 01:34 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DonL
Because England

Old 09-01-2015, 02:12 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DonL
Rather than start a new thread, just added the new EVO video:

Aston Martin Vantage GT12 review | evo LEADERBOARD - YouTube

OMG!!!, I wish I could drive like that. I would love to take my Vantage on the track some day. Thanks for posting the video.
Ron