Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Brake temperature warning??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 01:10 PM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about

Hey all, I experienced a strange warning on the dash this past Friday I am hoping someone may be able to assist with.

I was parking my car on Friday, with a bit of back and forth due to a tight formation on a hill with a number of other exotics.

While backing up at one point, I noticed a burning smell, along with the yellow triangle and exclamation point in the console.
I wasn't able to make it out, but I believe it stated a warning for overheating brakes or brake fluid??

I had a full annual service a couple thousand miles ago in March, and purchased the extended warranty at that time.

Has anyone experienced this?
Should I take it for service ASAP?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 09-21-2015, 04:45 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Sometimes if you slip the clutch too much it will give you a pretty foul smell. I had to slip my clutch wants to avoid an accident then it smoked all over the place I thought it was burning rubber but I was burning my clutch

Old 09-22-2015, 06:37 AM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about

I first assumed it was going to be the clutch, but then started questioning myself due to reading the message on the instrument panel that referenced the brakes

Old 09-22-2015, 09:08 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
There's no way your brakes pads (let alone fluid) would overheat during parking, even in a tight back-and-forth park job. Smell was likely your clutch. Not sure why you'd get a warning. I'd ignore it unless it comes back in normal driving.