Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Not the DB10 review you were hoping for

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 03:23 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Old 10-08-2015, 04:14 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
I've gone from luke-warm to warm... it's starting to grow on me. I like the steering controls design, but what is that gap at the door!

Old 10-08-2015, 06:13 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
To make up for that crappy review from Vanity Fair, here's a more proper look at the car from our friend, Tim:

Old 10-08-2015, 08:58 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
It's a movie car prototype based on V8V, so it's not supposed to be a finished product. From the outside it gets the job done

Old 10-08-2015, 10:13 PM
spf1410 has a spectacular aura aboutspf1410 has a spectacular aura about
Thanks Karl, I just watched 16:48 of (car) **** with my wife in the room! Great stuff!

Old 10-08-2015, 10:39 PM
omegaSMP300 will become famous soon enough
Just to tack on another vid. It would have been nice to have Rebecca review it but that's just a personal bias.

Old 10-09-2015, 08:10 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
First I've seen of the interior. I like it for the most part - love all the matte carbon throughout, but not liking the random saddle-style straps and really don't like the gauge cluster. Looks... cheap and tacky in design. I prefer the clean, elegant look of the current clusters far more.

I doubt it'll happen but I really hope the next car is lighter. That's the real drawback of the current V8V. It's far too heavy.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:05 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by telum01
...I doubt it'll happen but I really hope the next car is lighter. That's the real drawback of the current V8V. It's far too heavy.
I've always wondered where the weight goes in a V8V... a bonded aluminum frame with carbon fiber or aluminum bodywork - can't get any lighter there. Single plate clutch which is a considerable saving over twin plate. A puzzle.

Old 10-11-2015, 10:41 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Little things have a cumulative effect. All the high quality luxury pieces and fittings in the cabin are heavy. The relatively sparse use of light weight plastic anywhere makes a difference. The doors, hood and trunk lid are all heavy compared to my previous Porsche.

For regular driving the weight isn't really noticeable. My guess, because I haven't taken it to the track, is that the heft of the car is dramatic. Corners at speed must be hard and take a lot of skill compared to lighter cars.

Old 10-12-2015, 11:38 AM
spikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nice
Aston does not skimp on luxury or interior quality. The 2007 V8 Vantage weighs in at 3595lbs. By contrast, the 2007 M3 coupe is 3649 and the 2007 911 was around 3300lbs and 2007 Maserati Gransport was 3682. Overall, the Aston is not too portly in that company and by far is more sexy.

Last edited by spikemd; 10-12-2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:29 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
The DB10 is not a production car. Its a prototype just for the Bond movie. So, the review to me, means nothing. The DB11 will be the production car and will be different than the DB10, I very much trust AML strategy when they roll out a new lineup.

Old 10-13-2015, 06:48 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mto
The DB10 is not a production car. Its a prototype just for the Bond movie. So, the review to me, means nothing. The DB11 will be the production car and will be different than the DB10, I very much trust AML strategy when they roll out a new lineup.
It does, however, showcase some of the design language that will be used in the next generation of Aston Martin vehicles.

Old 10-13-2015, 06:58 AM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by telum01
It does, however, showcase some of the design language that will be used in the next generation of Aston Martin vehicles.
To me, its more speculation. As the DB10 does not meet any gov't safety requirements, and the front and rear will be different bc of that. That said, there may be some similarities. Bottom line, I trust AML designers and the DB11 will be give its competitors very strong competition.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.