Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Help needed, workshop manual incomplete

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 08:08 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Help needed, workshop manual incomplete

I decided to tackle the winter project of fixing my headliner so I paid for and downloaded the workshop manual for the vantage, version 8.

The manual is incomplete, as luck would have it, all the relevant bits I need such as removing the pillar trim, removing the rear view mirror are all referred to in the manual but the sections are plain not there!

It literally goes from section 1.08 BA, to 1.08 BB then immediately to 1.08 BF and skip the bit I needed!

Can any help or see if they have the manual with the pillar trim removal, headliner removal, and rear view mirror removal section?

Or someone point me to info that can help me take out the headliner?

Thanks so much
Mike

Old 11-28-2015, 02:11 AM
Scotty4300 is on a distinguished road
Same problem with my manual.
Several times it refers you to "Workshop Manual Procedure 01.08.FA. Rear Dipping Mirror"

This section does not exist.

I also notice that my revision of the manual has Section 01.05 as Interior Trim.
Section 01.08 is Exterior Trim.
Perhaps this got a bit confused during some of the revisions.

Old 11-28-2015, 07:14 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Hey scott, thanks for input. Glad I am not the only one. You are right, the interior trim section is 1.05, so the corresponding sections for the LH and RH front pillar trim (I believe 1.05 BC, BD) are referred to but are missing.

And I love how the only mention of taking off the rear header is... take off rear header.. haha. Any how, I am going to give it another week or so of research and then tackle this, and make a clear DIY for once and for all

Info gathered so far:

How to take off the rear view mirror and lamp pod

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4428369

How to take off DB9 headliner (note, it seems DB9 does not have the rear header) and makes me wonder if I need to take out the dash, in order to take the whole pillar trim off or just peel it back enough

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4389886

This version of the db9 headliner removal does suggest removing both pillars which involves taking apart the dash on both sides

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4237188

The taking off of the front header itself is in the manual, although very skimpy in details

Last edited by mkzhang; 11-28-2015 at 08:01 AM.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:05 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
AM's factory documentation is lacking at best. The V8V WSM that I have references sections that don't exist. Maybe they're in the DB9 WSM...?