Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Scratched door arm rest

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 05:30 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Scratched door arm rest

I managed to scratch my drivers arm rest quite badly this afternoon, V8 Vantage it's annoying in a car that is otherwise prestine.
Any suggestions on a repair? Do you guys think having both Carbon wrapped will look ok? Currently they are sprayed with a type of satin dark grey finish to match the black enterior , the car has no other carbon.

Don't really want to cheapen the look of the car, suggestions will be appreciated.

Old 12-06-2015, 05:59 AM
larryg is on a distinguished road
Just buy a new one and be done with it.

Old 12-06-2015, 06:39 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
I had the same issue and ended up having them wrapped in gloss black along with the door entry sills. I'm happy with the way it all turned out.

I recommend doing the same, either in gloss black or carbon.

Old 12-06-2015, 06:55 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by spyder997s
I had the same issue and ended up having them wrapped in gloss black along with the door entry sills. I'm happy with the way it all turned out.

I recommend doing the same, either in gloss black or carbon.
Thanks for this advise, would you be able to pm me or post a pic, I'm keen to do the door sills as well, how does wrap hold up with the odd foot skuff marks on it?
Does the wrap go nicely into the door handle folds? I'm not familiar with it only soon some of the post here on the forum with the outside being done

Old 12-06-2015, 07:00 AM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Take the car to a "good" body shop ... A good paint and body guy will be able to touch it up. Without removing it or re spraying etc . The hard pard is finding the right guy to do it .

Old 12-06-2015, 08:46 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
The wrap holds up pretty well. The great thing is, once it's damaged, have it rewrapped. I haven't had to do that yet and it's been wrapped for over a year.

The key is to find someone skilled at wrapping so it looks high quality.

I'll pm you a pic of my sill.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo558.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	767.6 KB
ID:	434558  
Old 12-07-2015, 08:11 AM
just got a quote to carbon wrap them +- 180 USD for the sills and door handles? not sure if its expensive?

Considering writing a tool path and machining the door handles complete out of Billet, just as a hobby because Im bored, now if I can get a company to give me the billet?

Old 12-19-2015, 06:07 PM
spikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nice
My sills have a few small chips that appear touched up with the correct color. Was like that when I bought it. The anodizing almost has a purple hue to it, so not sure if the dealer has touch up paint that matches. I like the idea of wrapping the door and sills to match. $180 sounds high but that is probaby on the car. If you take them off yourself, it might be cheaper. Whenever people see 'aston', prices seem to triple!

Old 12-19-2015, 06:13 PM
larryg is on a distinguished road
Very easy to remove them.
Have a good shop simply spray them in a satin black finish.
Should be no more than $100 for the pair.

Old 12-20-2015, 05:05 AM
I got Very Brave took the parts out had them sprayed to high gloss finish in red to match the calipers, had the engine brace and struts done as well, now all I need is red seat belts and we could say it's as tarted up as a Porsche !

I took a bit of getting used too, but now I'm enjoying it, but I admit it's very brave, easy to remove all the parts so if I hate it I can go back to black

Old 12-20-2015, 04:13 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by spikemd
I like the idea of wrapping the door and sills to match. $180 sounds high but that is probaby on the car. If you take them off yourself, it might be cheaper. Whenever people see 'aston', prices seem to triple!
I removed and wrapped my own sills in CF wrap that I got on flea bay for less than 20$ . Whole job took about an hour and a half .

Old 12-20-2015, 04:49 PM
ncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by captain Greg
I got Very Brave took the parts out had them sprayed to high gloss finish in red to match the calipers, had the engine brace and struts done as well
Please post some pictures.

Old 12-22-2015, 11:55 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by captain Greg
I got Very Brave took the parts out had them sprayed to high gloss finish in red to match the calipers, had the engine brace and struts done as well, now all I need is red seat belts and we could say it's as tarted up as a Porsche !

I took a bit of getting used too, but now I'm enjoying it, but I admit it's very brave, easy to remove all the parts so if I hate it I can go back to black
Would love a picture. I bought spare screens for the bonnet and side strake that I want to match to the calipers. Was going to do the engine braces and struts as well. Even thinking of polishing the intake manifold and powder coating that center engine cover to match the calipers.

Old 12-22-2015, 12:24 PM

I have put clear plastic on the sills where ones feet will contact it, it looks better in real Im ham fisted with a camera i fitted my home made sill plates as well

Old 12-22-2015, 01:33 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
I like the sill plate, very cool.
Rin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Scratched door arm rest