Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

HRE or BBS Wheels for AMV8V?

Old 02-11-2016, 01:43 AM
mantonkroh is on a distinguished road
HRE or BBS Wheels for AMV8V?

Hello friends,

I'm hearing mixed reviews regarding throwing on BBS wheels on an Aston Martin Vantage. Some people tell me to have BBS wheels on an Aston Martin is considered sacreligious. Some tell me BBS wheels are excellent and would be a beautiful "modification."

I wanted to get your thoughts on putting on "cost efficient" BBS wheels on my AMV8V. Do I need to dig deep into my pockets and spend $11k on HRE wheels to maintain the reputation of Aston Martin?

Here are the two wheels I'm considering. They are almost identical except the manufacturer.

Thoughts?

BBS:

HRE:

Old 02-11-2016, 02:23 AM
StronkMan is on a distinguished road
HRE S101 ftw

Old 02-11-2016, 06:18 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Decide on the look you like, and then the budget. I dont see anything wrong with BBS, some BBS cast wheels are heavy as F so that's why I decided against them

Old 02-11-2016, 06:59 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Check out the wheels from CCW. They are every bit as good as HRE and less expensive. They are a forum vendor and the owner John is a great guy and easy to work with.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:11 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Great question! Both HRE and BBS make outstanding quality wheels. HRE offers fully custom production to any sizing, specs and finish you desire. BBS mass produces wheels, so the offsets will be a little more conservative. Here's the downside.. BBS does not make a wheel in Aston fitment, so that will probably help your search. We do offer quite a few similar styles though, and would be glad to extend forum pricing to you.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:20 AM
vince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nice
HRE for sure!

Old 02-11-2016, 08:53 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by StronkMan
HRE S101 ftw
Originally Posted by GMP Performance
Great question! Both HRE and BBS make outstanding quality wheels. HRE offers fully custom production to any sizing, specs and finish you desire. BBS mass produces wheels, so the offsets will be a little more conservative. Here's the downside.. BBS does not make a wheel in Aston fitment, so that will probably help your search. We do offer quite a few similar styles though, and would be glad to extend forum pricing to you.
Originally Posted by vince_1972
HRE for sure!
Thanks for all the love!

I have to say this is the best looking car I've seen on P101's if you ask my opinion.

The benefit to what we do here is being able to customize the set that you desire. If you want the diameter to be specific to your request, or if you want OEM widths or wider than that, a more aggressive fitment or OEM fitment, and of course the huge amount of color options that we have, what you end up with is a set specifically designed for you and your desires.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions I can assist with

Old 02-11-2016, 01:01 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
I have BBS CH-R on my 911. Love them. Much better than the Vorsteiners I had previously.

Having said that, I would go with the HREs for the Aston.

Old 02-11-2016, 03:51 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
HRE if they don't have fitment for the Aston in the BBS.

Old 02-12-2016, 01:22 AM
Thank you everyone. I didn't know BBS didn't fit Aston Martins. Thanks for the 411.

Old 02-13-2016, 05:57 AM
Montana107 is on a distinguished road
I have owned several wheels including HRE and BBS. I will say that my experience with HRE has been a nightmare. I purchased my set last March and they still aren't right. They came to me out of true, car vibrated like crazy, took them to my local tire shop and they confirmed a front was bad... After a month of complaints to WB and HRE they finally said they will take a look... They confirmed it was bad, claimed it was fixed and returned to me in about 4 weeks. Mounted it to the car. Still a vibration! Local shop reviewed and wheel tolerance was still out... Returned to HRE again... They confirmed it was bad then made me a new one and sent to me. Upon receipt of the wheel 4 to 5 weeks later it arrived in a non matching finish to my other 3 wheels. Then all four wheels have been back more than twice for refinishing... They are still not right and I am just about to my 1 year anniversary of purchase. HRE is marketing hype in my opinion with extremely poor quality control. There are several other brands that are better quality, have superior customer service for a better value.

BBS
CCW
Forgeline
Etc.

I have little experience with Brixton but several on here are happy with them and they are very attractive on an Aston.

I will never do business with HRE again.

Hope this helps

Last edited by Montana107; 02-13-2016 at 06:23 AM.
Old 02-13-2016, 03:16 PM
anton28 will become famous soon enough
Hre!

Old 02-14-2016, 01:03 PM
action-ant is on a distinguished road
I had a set of HRE P40SC's on my Vantage--my friend is trying to get spacers made to adapt to his vehicle, but if the sale falls through, I'll post up for sale soon.

Old 02-15-2016, 11:42 AM
Thanks everyone for your input and advice! You guys are awesome.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:57 AM
911MTB will become famous soon enough
I have ordered a set of forged wheels in the same design as you posted from Koncept Cars. The wheels are still in production so I can't yet comment on fitment or quality but Koncept Cars has been great to work with so far. The pricing is significantly better than some of the "premium" brands out there and I am still getting a true custom built forged wheel.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HRE or BBS Wheels for AMV8V?