Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My V8V chasis (tubs) were damaged at Firestone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 01:21 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Both my Lotus ELISE and Evora had round circle decals with the image of a jack on them in four places under both cars for the jacking points.
Ron

Old 07-14-2016, 01:29 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Doug Demuro's latest article just linked to this thread.

Hi Jalopnik!

Old 07-14-2016, 02:20 PM
Maddog78 is on a distinguished road
Hi. I haven't been here in ages. Surprised I even remembered the password.

Horrible story.

Old 07-14-2016, 02:21 PM
Thanks To Doug is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello From Jalopnik

Wave

Old 07-14-2016, 06:25 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
Both my Lotus ELISE and Evora had round circle decals with the image of a jack on them in four places under both cars for the jacking points.
Ron
Or to save any heartache . Jack the car up yourself in your own garage put it on stands remove the wheels and take them to your tire shop of choice ( in your winter beater) to deal with . Thats what I did and I even talked to the shop manager prior to taking the wheels and him showing me the touchless tire changer and insisted on them only using stick on weights that would not be seen etc etc . its all about research .
You bought and own a luxury car its up to you as an owner to make sure that whoever is working on it know what the f..? they are doing .

Old 07-14-2016, 07:51 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Doug DeMuro is not a source of reliable car information. He's nothing more than an amateur with an iPhone camera.
CATTMAN

Old 07-14-2016, 08:47 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I have a confession to make. I am afraid to jack up my car. For the life of me I can't find the spot that looks like the jack point, front or rear. There is side skirt painted plastic down the entire line of what looks like the place to put the jack. There are a few very small cutouts but those are just a couple inches big and there are bolts or in one spot a rubber seal that can be removed. That looks like the rear spot but it's so small.

Is this the rear jack point? I need to get it on stands to at least change the oil. I've been all over YouTube and can't find one that points at the exact spots. I've never felt like such a noob before!

Last edited by deckman; 07-14-2016 at 09:12 PM.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:37 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
The cutouts are the spots. Remove the rubber bungs to give you a flatter surface.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:07 AM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by deckman
I have a confession to make. I am afraid to jack up my car. For the life of me I can't find the spot that looks like the jack point, front or rear. There is side skirt painted plastic down the entire line of what looks like the place to put the jack. There are a few very small cutouts but those are just a couple inches big and there are bolts or in one spot a rubber seal that can be removed. That looks like the rear spot but it's so small.

Is this the rear jack point? I need to get it on stands to at least change the oil. I've been all over YouTube and can't find one that points at the exact spots. I've never felt like such a noob before!
you've been ALL over youtube and didn't come across this from our very own telum01? this is the 2nd result when you search "aston vantage jack"

Old 08-27-2016, 10:57 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
The post you linked to is very clear to me. Jack on the jacking points only.

Old 08-27-2016, 12:45 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
It's clear where it shows to jack

Seems to be the exact spot Firestone crunched this car

Which makes it much less clear.

Old 08-27-2016, 02:50 PM
If you think the thread suggests that's the right place to jack the car, maybe you didn't read till the end?

Old 08-27-2016, 03:24 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
You are correct sir, my ADD kicked in and I stopped at the pictures!

Carry on.

Old 02-02-2022, 07:18 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Thread resurrected!

Old 02-03-2022, 01:29 AM
Himilou will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n
you've been ALL over youtube and didn't come across this from our very own telum01? this is the 2nd result when you search "aston vantage jack"

Getting your Aston Martin onto Jack Stands - YouTube
Seeing as this thread is now up and ressurected, DO NOT JACK YOUR CAR UP AS SHOWN IN THE VIDEO. THAT IS 100% NOT A JACKPOINT....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My V8V chasis (tubs) were damaged at Firestone