Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

TPMS light FIXED!!! No Hack

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 02:04 PM
LALEX1 is on a distinguished road
TPMS light FIXED!!! No Hack

Ok, so I had the dreaded TPMS light come on. My car is a 2008 so figured it was about time for the batteries in the sensors to die.
I read about the mods that could be done to defeat the light and I also checked with all of the local auto repair places, firestone, america's tire etc....
All claimed they could repair the problem but once I showed up there, their scanners couldn't even detect my sensors. I then inquired at the dealership and of course $1,000+ to have all 4 sensors replaced and reprogrammed.

Well i decided to tackle the issue myself. I had the sensor removed from the tire and decided to open it up. I sourced the batteries (it has 2) and started the repair. Their is soldering required and some modifications due to being unable to find the batteries with the correct arms required to reach the board. But finally got it done and all sealed back up.
Had the sensor re-installed in the tire, drove for about 5-10 mins and bam, tpms light is off and no reprogramming required. I guess as long as you still have your original sensors then they could be repaired.

Nice to have everything working the way it should be!!

Old 07-26-2016, 07:16 PM
REDVANTAGE is on a distinguished road
thanks for the write up! my tpms light is on and don't feel like paying the $1k+ to have it fixed. any way you could post pics of where to find the wheel sensors on the wheel itself and what batteries they use?

Old 07-29-2016, 10:57 PM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by REDVANTAGE
any way you could post pics of where to find the wheel sensors on the wheel itself ...
The wheel sensor is inside the wheel, on the other end of the tire valve. This generic picture demonstrates....

Old 08-01-2016, 09:47 PM
Matrix6048 is on a distinguished road