Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Park Assist sensors don't work at home, but do everywhere else!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 04:40 PM
TorqueDog is on a distinguished road
Park Assist sensors don't work at home, but do everywhere else!

Hey all,

Weird issue, haven't seen anything else on the web or the forums.

I have an 09 V8V, and I've recently moved to a new place. In my old underground car park and every single car park I've entered to this point (which is a lot of them), my park assist sensors work just fine.

In the underground car park at my new place, however, the sensors are blasting full-tilt the whole time. I can be in the aisle with no one beside or behind me, no walls within 5 feet, and the front and rear sensors will be at a solid tone as though I was dangerously close to an obstacle.

Has anyone experienced this before? How do our parking sensors work? Could it be the type of lighting, the type of paint used on the walls? I'm dumbfounded here, the sensors work flawlessly everywhere else except at home.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:18 AM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
that's interesting and I don't know, although I am curious about your "blasting full tilt" comment, as mine are so barely audible most of the time I can't even tell I have sensors! wish I could turn up the volume on it

Old 09-01-2016, 11:34 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
is it every where in the garage?

They are pretty sensitive and have quite the range, i was backing up over someone's front lawn once, and a slight change in the lawn elevation (barely visible to the naked eye) trip the sensor as it probably thing something is coming up towards the car.

Old 09-01-2016, 03:29 PM
TorqueDog is on a distinguished road
When I say 'blasting full tilt', I mean that the tone is constant, rather than "beep - beep - beep - beep beep - beepbeepbeepbeep". It's a solid "beeeeeeeeeeeep" which means "you have 12 inches or less before you do something you regret" IIRC. But that said, mine are incredibly loud as well.

Originally Posted by mkzhang
is it every where in the garage?

They are pretty sensitive and have quite the range, i was backing up over someone's front lawn once, and a slight change in the lawn elevation (barely visible to the naked eye) trip the sensor as it probably thing something is coming up towards the car.
Everywhere, including driving through the aisles. It's the strangest thing. It isn't as though other parking garages have more space than mine. I'm going to see about borrowing a Vantage of similar vintage to mine and see if it has the same issue.