Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Seat Calibration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 02:56 PM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
Seat Calibration

I am having a hard time calibrating my drivers seat, it will either move up or forward, but not both. Took it to the dealer in Atl and tech spent an hour and could not get it to take the calibration. I took it on a Sat. and they wanted to keep it, but with me in Birmingham that was not an option that weekend.

Do the seat modules fail?

Last time this happen it took 3 weeks for me to calibrate the seat, passenger seat works perfectly, can you swap the seat module from one seat to another?

Thanks

Old 12-24-2016, 10:14 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
You have to keep going a memory loss on the seat module to get the seat back to it's lowest and furthest location from the steering wheel, mm's from clashing with the rear trim.

This memory loss thing is done usually with 2 ppl, have 1 person press the seat switch in a forward direction and while the seat is still moving have the other person remove the ground from the battery. This should kill the seat and wipe that module of it's stored seat location. Keep the battery off for 2 minutes and then reconnect. Now try and move the seat to the furthest position like mentioned above...keep doing this till the seat is at that position and then start the calibration process.

Old 12-25-2016, 10:04 AM
Thanks, tried that and the seat went up a little bit then stopped and now the seat will not do anything. Back rest will not release (button light is off), this is the same thing that happened last time I lost my seat memory.

I did it by myself, pushed button to make the seat rise and remove the ground cable while sitting in the seat.

Old 12-25-2016, 10:10 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
The seat release switch has nothing to do with the seat calibration. Long as the system is awake(door just opened or key on), the release switch will work and light up. The only time the seat switch will not release is if the backrest has to much force in it from being clashed with the rear trim, regardless the led should still be functional

Old 12-25-2016, 10:18 AM
I opened the door and passenger back rest button will work, but not the drivers. Could it be that I have a short in the wiring?

Old 12-25-2016, 10:31 AM
Basic Sponsor
Either shorted wires or dead seat module. If the dealer tech tried and failed to program the module plus these other issues shown present...not looking to good for that seat module. But I would not over look the wiring..

Old 12-25-2016, 10:34 AM
Hate to ask, how much do seat modules run, though I will check the wiring first.

Old 12-25-2016, 10:46 AM
Is this the part nbr?

8G43-14D715-AB - Description on Scuderia is ECU Quad driver - drivers side

Old 12-26-2016, 11:36 AM
My seat is all the way forward, so is there a manual release to drive the seat back so I can get to the front two frame rail bolts?

Old 12-26-2016, 11:51 AM
Basic Sponsor
There's no manual release for the lower motor, I've had to manually power up the lower motor to move the rail for access.

The seat modules have been replaced by newer Pekton modules found in the newer lineup. So if an old model seat module went, it would have to be replaced with a "front set" of pektron seat modules and a config file from Aston to allow these newer modules to work. Meaning even the other seat will need to have the module replaced.

Old 12-26-2016, 12:21 PM
Oh. you are killing me

Old 12-26-2016, 12:34 PM
Kidding, man I was just thinking I was going to be able to fix something without spending a ton, should have known there was a catch.

Old 12-26-2016, 12:35 PM
Any pointers on how to remove a seat that won't move?

Old 12-26-2016, 12:36 PM
How did you power up the motor?

Old 01-18-2017, 06:38 PM
Ok, got the new modules.

@Irish07, can you replace the modules with the seat in place or do you have to remove?
Going to look in the morning, just wanted to know in advance, so if I can't I won't have to make a chiropractor appt afterwards.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.