Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Just Joined the Club! '12 V8VS

Old 01-10-2017, 09:12 PM
zypher84 is on a distinguished road
Just Joined the Club! '12 V8VS

Hi folks -

Been lurking for awhile and finally took the plunge. Picked up a '12 VSVS roadster and excited to join the esteemed ranks of AM ownership!

Okay now straight to business

I want to do a couple things to improve the overall ride and replace the stock wheels... would really like your opinions and guidance.

Spacers: Looking at 15mm spacers upfront and 20mm spacers in the rear. VCollection and RSC both have the same spacers for the same price. Q: which company and why?

Wheels and Tires: Really leaning toward the D2Forged MB1 wheels, 9.5 inches wide and 20 inches diameter upfront || 11 inches wide and 20 inches diameter in the rear. Q: what size tires do I need to get? on tiresize.com i'm looking at 245/35R20 upfront and 295/30R20 in the rear..... admittedly, i'm a newbie at this. do these tire sizes work with the 9.5 inch and 11 inch wheels? Are these even the wheel sizes I should go with?

Lowering: I wanted to lower the stance of the overall ride. RSC and VCollection both have lowering springs but the RSC springs are $600 and the VCollection springs are $800. Q: which company and why?

Rubbing: Scared to death that this configuration will cause rubbing.... anyone have experience with 20 inch wheels, 15 mm front || 20 mm rear spacing, and this spec of tires?

Thanks for all your help! I'll definitely post photos when I decide on the final configuration and have this all done! Looking forward to more tinkering in the future and contributing to this community.

Old 01-11-2017, 01:34 AM
Montana107 is on a distinguished road
Welcome zypher84!

Congratulations on your new ride! I have a 2012 V8VS coupe and have lowered it with 20 inch wheels - I believe your best bet for springs is to look at the solution from VelocityAP. Stuart with VelocityAP has done some great things with springs for our cars and concentrates on not getting the ride height too low - However I am currently running coilovers

I am running a 20X9 (255) front and 20x11 (305) rear with no issues - these have custom offsets recommended by HRE (no spacers)- I can provide further details if you desire

a helpful link here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...sets-such.html

Have fun!

Last edited by Montana107; 01-11-2017 at 01:51 AM.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:11 AM
nice! thanks so much.

do you have any pics of your ride? what is the difference between offsets and spacers btw? sorry very new to this

Old 01-11-2017, 09:27 AM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
if you get your offsets correct and you're going wider in the back then i would pass on the spacers, unless you want to poke out...

Old 01-11-2017, 10:18 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Congrats and welcome to the forum!!

Is D2 still in business? I thought they closed down a while back, or folded into another company, but I could be wrong.

Lots of wheel options out there for you - I sell BC Forged and have been abusing the bejesus out of a set on my car for a couple years now. Here's their website showing the different styles:
http://www.bcforged-na.com/

There are a few other forum sponsors on here that sell other wheels, too, I'm sure they'll pop in with some great eye candy. HRE is very popular, and I'm a big fan of Brixton as well.

Wheel specs and tire sizes depend largely on your goals for the car. Do you want them to be super aggressive with the widest tires you can fit? Or are you looking for performance by shedding weight? So long as the sizing is done right, there won't be any issues with rubbing. I have my car on H&R springs, which are VERY low, and don't rub at all, even in hard cornering on track. You won't need spacers if you get the wheels made with the right offsets.

With the V8VS, I'd recommend talking to Stuart at VelocityAP. Mismatching springs to the shocks can give you a pretty crappy ride. It's an issue with putting H&R springs on the Sport Pack shocks (you get the pogo effect). I'm not sure if RSC or VCollection designed theirs with that in mind, but Stuart did so he'd be my go-to for that (ask the other two if you want to do some extra due diligence).

Old 01-11-2017, 11:21 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
If you're getting new wheels why would you not get ones that fit properly? No spacers then

Old 01-11-2017, 11:38 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Putting anything on your car other than an HRE or Adv.1 would be heartbreaking. It's an AM for god's sake

Give me a holler via PM or email if you'd like fitment help for your wheels and tires. Would be happy to assist you.

Welcome to the boards!

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:45 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats!!!!

you bought a car an didn't even post a single picture in your threat?

I have H&R spacers on my Vantage. I went with H&R spacers since they do not require to replace the studs on your cars hub.

I hope Stuart will get his springs in soon. Can't wait!

Old 01-11-2017, 02:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zypher84
Hi folks -

Been lurking for awhile and finally took the plunge. Picked up a '12 VSVS roadster and excited to join the esteemed ranks of AM ownership!

Okay now straight to business

I want to do a couple things to improve the overall ride and replace the stock wheels... would really like your opinions and guidance.

Spacers: Looking at 15mm spacers upfront and 20mm spacers in the rear. VCollection and RSC both have the same spacers for the same price. Q: which company and why?

Wheels and Tires: Really leaning toward the D2Forged MB1 wheels, 9.5 inches wide and 20 inches diameter upfront || 11 inches wide and 20 inches diameter in the rear. Q: what size tires do I need to get? on tiresize.com i'm looking at 245/35R20 upfront and 295/30R20 in the rear..... admittedly, i'm a newbie at this. do these tire sizes work with the 9.5 inch and 11 inch wheels? Are these even the wheel sizes I should go with?

Lowering: I wanted to lower the stance of the overall ride. RSC and VCollection both have lowering springs but the RSC springs are $600 and the VCollection springs are $800. Q: which company and why?

Rubbing: Scared to death that this configuration will cause rubbing.... anyone have experience with 20 inch wheels, 15 mm front || 20 mm rear spacing, and this spec of tires?

Thanks for all your help! I'll definitely post photos when I decide on the final configuration and have this all done! Looking forward to more tinkering in the future and contributing to this community.
Welcome, and congrats on the purchase. We have a container of our progressive rate lowering springs arriving in just a few days. Lots of other 6speeders have fitted these and been very pleased. You can email me at stuart@velocityap.com for special 6speed pricing.

Provided you have your offsets right, those sizes with our springs shouldn't give you any problem with rubbing. Lots of people have fitted them with aftermarket wheels.

http://www.velocityap.com/Aston-Mart...mv8springs.htm
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ct-launch.html

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 01-11-2017, 07:37 PM
Montana107 is on a distinguished road
nice! thanks so much.

do you have any pics of your ride? what is the difference between offsets and spacers btw? sorry very new to this
There are photos of my car on the link I posted with additional detail. In short you can have a custom set of wheels made that will not require spacers. That is ideal set up. Some good information on Redpants.lol regarding wheel size and offsets for our cars. The BC that was recommended is a great value and good quality wheel. Lots of good wheel choices out there:

BC Forged
HRE
Brixton
Forgeline

Do some research and have some fun figuring out the direction you want to go -

Old 01-12-2017, 07:58 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Agree with the post above. Skip the spacers and get wheels with proper offset to fill the gap. I went with Stuart's springs and Braxton Forged and could not be happier.

Old 01-12-2017, 07:48 PM
Smoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud of
Spacers are expensive and a waste of money. Just go full gusto. Get springs from Stuart at VelocityAP. They improve the ride quality exponentially. It's not a "I sorta feel that..ya...I think I got my money's worth..." It's a "holy cow, the factory spring rate was WRONG...this is SO MUCH BETTER!!!". And the height is PERFECT. Not too low to be unusable, but plenty of drop. And ZERO rubbing with my 20" setup

Need wheels? Ping Ray at Renown Auto Style (RAS). He can make a set of incredible forged wheels to any spec you need and he's already very familiar with Aston and how odd the fitment can be. He'll get you set up with wheels, tires, mounted, balanced, and ship to wherever you want. Takes about 6 weeks to produce the wheels. His shop is located right in the of middle of where a number of "popular" brands are made so he has access to the same coaters, tire installers, etc that they use. Except he can set you up for waaaay less $$$. Same guarantees as other brands.

Here's my car on a set of RAS RU-52SF (about 20 lbs/wheel before tire @ 20") and a pic of the ride height with OEM wheels just FYI

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	15156935_1197629533664782_7684752446743672616_o.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	348.1 KB
ID:	467611   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161214_174552.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	467612   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161214_174459.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	3.46 MB
ID:	467613  
Attached Images  
Old 01-13-2017, 09:45 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Smoky
Need wheels? Ping Ray at Renown Auto Style (RAS). He can make a set of incredible forged wheels to any spec you need and he's already very familiar with Aston and how odd the fitment can be. He'll get you set up with wheels, tires, mounted, balanced, and ship to wherever you want. Takes about 6 weeks to produce the wheels. His shop is located right in the of middle of where a number of "popular" brands are made so he has access to the same coaters, tire installers, etc that they use. Except he can set you up for waaaay less $$$. Same guarantees as other brands.

Here's my car on a set of RAS RU-52SF (about 20 lbs/wheel before tire @ 20") and a pic of the ride height with OEM wheels just FYI
What specs are you running on those?

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:07 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond repute
nice! thanks so much.

If you're new to this, then it's equally as important that you spend time finding what style you like as it is to research the company that you're buying from so that you know what you're investing in. We at HRE Wheels have been in the industry since 1978, and we've been a leader in the highest quality custom made to order wheels around. This company and our products are made with a no-compromise attitude, nothing other than the best will do and many can contest to that who are on this forum. If you want to protect your investment with a set of quality wheels that will last that also happen to make it look as gorgeous as this V12 Vantage, then you know where to find me!

HRE P101:

Zypher - Please feel free to send me a PM if there's anything I can do to help regardless if it's about HRE wheels or not.

Old 01-14-2017, 01:14 PM
wow i am SO glad i joined this board

@Richard - will definitely take your guidance. i'm going to reach out to Stuart and see what we can do on springs. your website is awesome btw - i have a lot of catching up to do

@David and @Jurrian thanks guys! looking at HRE's actually. the P40SC's like the photo attached is really nice. i probably don't want to go as low as this car though, so I think VelocityAP springs might be a good way to go. how much do those rims in a 20 inch size run?

@Zettinger i'll post some photos as soon as i get the car properly detailed, springs and wheels setup, and the weather gets nicer in the northeast. may have to wait awhile =)

@Stuart i'll email you tonight or tomorrow regarding the springs!

thanks everyone!

Attached Images  

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.