Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Want to change window trim/moulding from chrome to black

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 02:17 PM
Smoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud of
Want to change window trim/moulding from chrome to black

I recently had all of my exterior door trim and window moulding pieces wrapped in black. It is definitely the look I want but for the long term I would like to just obtain OEM black trim mouldings and replace.

How difficult of a project is this DIY? Are they glued on, and need a little heat to remove, maybe some fishing line, like a protective door side moulding? Or is there more to it?

Thanks!

Old 01-17-2017, 02:58 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
I too would like to replace my chrome molding with black one but noticed that they don't come very cheap. I was looking at AMBits to have an idea of the prices... Very interested in finding out how hard they are to replace

Old 01-17-2017, 06:00 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Do you guys have pictures with the trim blacked out? This is something I think I'd like to do.

Old 01-17-2017, 06:42 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Kanga, I think I will try to wrap it first and see how it looks before I spend all those $$$$ into replacing the trim with black one

Old 01-17-2017, 07:35 PM
Smoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Kanga
Very easy to replace. The ones around the rear quarter window pop out with a trim removal tool. The one above the door is screwed in, screws under the rubber seal. The door one pops up, held on by some clips. The one in front of the mirror just uses double sided tape. Took mine off the wrap in black vinyl.
Excellent thank you!