Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

How is the quicksilver sports exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 09:47 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 911MTB
I have the QS Sport on my 2007 Vantage with the 4.3. It sounds great, louder than stock to not brutally so. I can still drive the car quietly if I want (why would I want to do that?) and as already mentioned there is no drone at all.
Hey just put the QS silver sport. Pretty quiet! Hoping it gets louder over time.

Last edited by goto35; 03-16-2017 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by programmatore
I was a bit disappointed when I got my Quicksilver Sport exhaust. It sounded great but not that much louder than stock. I was tempted to trade it in for the Super Sport but my service adviser convinced me to give it a chance to burn in. Sure enough after about 2,000 miles, they finally burnt in and now sound great on start up and when I am on the throttle!

My favorite thing about the Quicksilver Sport is that it is not loud when I am creeping along (e.g. 25 mph residential zone) and there is absolutely no drone when I am cruising along on the highway.

I am getting Velocity AP's 200 cell cats installed and I am looking forward to a more aggressive sound that I don't think will be too loud. It will be perfect.
You may be on to something. Drive 180 miles and it seems its getting louder. Starting to like it more already. Initially was disappointed but now i think it may be ok.

Last edited by goto35; 03-16-2017 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-17-2017, 06:56 AM
911MTB will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by goto35
You may be on to something. Drive 180 miles and it seems its getting louder. Starting to like it more already. Initially was disappointed but now i think it may be ok.
Yes, I do believe it burns in and gets louder. Mine has 20,000+ kms on it and it's pretty loud when you get on it. It also allows some nice overrun noise and even the occasional backfire.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:33 AM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
I have only heard great things about the Velocity rear boxes. Definitely them and the QS are the best to go with. Stuart can likely send you or direct you to a video showing the loudness levels which may suit you well.

Velocity and Redpants actively participate on this forum and truly help members if there are issues. Never seen a QS representative on here helping or even bombing us with advertising. So, my push is for you to see if Stuart can help you.

I am currently wondering what Stuarts box would sound like on my DB9 with cat deletes. All postings refer to stock cats, or 200 cell cats and the rear box. I want louder or more pronounced under power, but don't want to **** off the neighbors with it any louder than it is.
Sheriff, I have the Quicksilver Supersport with a Fabspeed "X" pipe on my DB 9. It sounds great to me and complemented by others.... even in the neighborhood. Of course you control it with your foot, sort of!
Be safe!

Old 03-17-2017, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by 911MTB
Yes, I do believe it burns in and gets louder. Mine has 20,000+ kms on it and it's pretty loud when you get on it. It also allows some nice overrun noise and even the occasional backfire.
Great looking forward to it being louder.

Originally Posted by 07sportspack
Sheriff, I have the Quicksilver Supersport with a Fabspeed "X" pipe on my DB 9. It sounds great to me and complemented by others.... even in the neighborhood. Of course you control it with your foot, sort of!
Be safe!
So what else can i add to make it a bit louder? X Pipe? I dont want to change anything with o2 sensors.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:31 PM
geh065 will become famous soon enoughgeh065 will become famous soon enough
I installed the QSS on my DB9 and it is great when I am out for a spirited drive for a bit of fun but when it is my wife and I just driving on the highway out to dinner etc, then the drone is a little too much. I actually put it into sport mode to have it change into a lower gear because the slightly higher rev's are quieter on the highway. It gets to the level where when I park the car and turn the engine off I think "ahh, peace and quiet".

That said, I have no regrets getting the super sport over the sport. It makes the car less of a daily driver (not that it ever was), and more of a fun experience when I do want to thrash it.

Old 03-25-2017, 04:44 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I have the quick silver sport exhaust. It isn't much louder than stock. But that will change when I put the 200 cel cats on. I have heard from others that the super sport with 200 cel cats is very loud. I'm hoping that the sport and the 200 cel cats will be not too loud.

Old 03-25-2017, 05:24 PM
Yea funny how stock with fuse removed almost seems louder lol

Old 03-25-2017, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by Gene G
I have the quick silver sport exhaust. It isn't much louder than stock. But that will change when I put the 200 cel cats on. I have heard from others that the super sport with 200 cel cats is very loud. I'm hoping that the sport and the 200 cel cats will be not too loud.
Same plan here. Get the cats when they go on sale I'll also do tune can't do ses light

Old 04-04-2017, 04:40 AM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Got back from a 3 week trip overseas this past Saturday. Prior to going on my trip I had arranged for the Velocity AP parts (clutch and lightweight flywheel, 200 cell sports cats, and ECU tune) to be delivered to the dealership and I left my car with them. They worked on it while I was away and it was ready when I got back.

Anyway, I can confirm that the Quicksilver Sport + 200 cell sports cats from Velocity AP is great! Sounds really loud when it hits ~2,800 RPM when you're on it, but nice and tame if you're just cruising along. Still no drone in the cabin. You'll love it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.