Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My Headliner Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 06:00 PM
jimshadow is on a distinguished road
My Headliner Project

Special thanks to Speedracer800 for his help in this project. i actually went to visit him on a 10hr trip up north to see a colleague. Eric is DA MAN when it comes to DB9/DBS!!!!
He pointed me to the OEM supplier of the Alcantara in Great Britain. Interestingly enough, I wired the money on a Thursday, it hit their bank on a Friday and the material was on my doorstep in INDIANA on Tuesday!!!!!
I then took out my sagging headliner and sent it to a local upholsterer who asked for a little creative license. Being a risk taker, I said..."SURE!". The pictures will show the result. I'm 1000% satisfied!!!
In addition to the headliner, I also replaced all of the interior lights and the license plate light with LED's. AMAZING difference and I can't believe how YELLOW the OEM lights are.

Jim

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1602.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	472721   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1608.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	472722   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1609.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	472723   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1610.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	472724   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1599.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	472725  

Old 03-25-2017, 06:02 PM
in the last pic, the bulb on the right is the LED and left one is the OEM. Not the best pic, but you can make out the yellow from the bulb....YOu can also get a sense of the yellow in the pic showing the rear seats.....I had not gotten to those bulbs as of then...

Old 03-26-2017, 08:27 AM
W126C will become famous soon enough
Man, I love that car. Looking good.

Regards,

Old 03-26-2017, 08:37 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jimshadow
in the last pic, the bulb on the right is the LED and left one is the OEM. Not the best pic, but you can make out the yellow from the bulb....YOu can also get a sense of the yellow in the pic showing the rear seats.....I had not gotten to those bulbs as of then...
I am the one who bought Erics DB9. I love the headliner. Adds ambiance to the interior instead of just a plain flat ceiling. I do like however the double line of stitch that your guy used. Mine is one stitch I think. Haven't looked at it in 3 months so cannot readily remember. But its the one thing after people see the interior and say wow this is nice, then they see the ceiling and add more complaints.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by W126C
Man, I love that car. Looking good.

Regards,
Thanks! I just sat an listened to the engine for a while yesterday while I was changing bulbs....I SOOOOO wanted to drive it but can't quite yet because the new DBS shifter is getting ceramic coated to protect it.

JIM

Old 03-26-2017, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
I am the one who bought Erics DB9. I love the headliner. Adds ambiance to the interior instead of just a plain flat ceiling. I do like however the double line of stitch that your guy used. Mine is one stitch I think. Haven't looked at it in 3 months so cannot readily remember. But its the one thing after people see the interior and say wow this is nice, then they see the ceiling and add more complaints.
Oh yeah Sheriff, I know who you are! Yes, yours is single stitched and looks GREAT! Eric sent me several pics as I was researching doing this project. When I sent him a pic of mine, he replied immediately noting the double stitch. It's the "creative license" that my upholsterer wanted. Glad I let him do it that way, it really looks nice!

JIM

Old 03-26-2017, 11:19 AM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
That looks awesome.

Old 03-26-2017, 01:35 PM
OnyxVantage is an unknown quantity at this point
... very cool, congrats

Old 03-27-2017, 06:56 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jimshadow
Special thanks to Speedracer800 for his help in this project. i actually went to visit him on a 10hr trip up north to see a colleague. Eric is DA MAN when it comes to DB9/DBS!!!!
He pointed me to the OEM supplier of the Alcantara in Great Britain. Interestingly enough, I wired the money on a Thursday, it hit their bank on a Friday and the material was on my doorstep in INDIANA on Tuesday!!!!!
I then took out my sagging headliner and sent it to a local upholsterer who asked for a little creative license. Being a risk taker, I said..."SURE!". The pictures will show the result. I'm 1000% satisfied!!!
In addition to the headliner, I also replaced all of the interior lights and the license plate light with LED's. AMAZING difference and I can't believe how YELLOW the OEM lights are.

Jim
Looks fantastic Jim and thank you very much for the kind words. It was a pleasure meeting you and I was so happy to be able to help. Glad to hear the installation went as planned.. Love the double diamond stitching as well!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.