Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

AMOC morrow Bay

Old 03-26-2017, 05:25 PM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
AMOC morrow Bay

Anyone going to the event coming up at Morrow Bay?

Looking for some incentive to make the 4 hour drive from Marin County

Old 03-26-2017, 09:42 PM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Details please? See nothing on AMOC.org or AMOCNA.org

I'm about 3 hours east of there and may be interested.

Old 03-27-2017, 02:39 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
My wife and I are going up from Oxnard.
Ron

Old 03-28-2017, 06:53 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Just paid my taxes this weekend. Got a few bucks left over for a day trip - details?

Old 03-29-2017, 10:10 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Ok, i've been looking for a link to post about this from the Aston Martin club website and cannot find it. I also emailed my contact for the California chapter and have not had a response as of yet.
Basically it's April 7 through the 8th, and the accommodations are at the Inn at Morro Bay, phone number 805-772-5651. There was a block of rooms that you could reserve between 165 and 209 a night.
The basic schedule is Friday 3 to 6 PM registration Friday evening dinner on your own. Saturday Drive touring package leaving at 9 AM returning at 5 PM including a brunch to visiting some wineries.
Saturday night banquet dinner at the Morro Bay, that I've already paid for, and then Sunday breakfast, and then we all leave for home.
I hope this helps somewhat.
Ron

Last edited by Ron Avery; 03-29-2017 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:22 PM
Thanks Ron,

This weekend was clear. Next is already scheduled.
Sounds like a good time though. Some good photo ops I'm sure. Old Creek Road just to the north is a nice drive. Just watch for bicyclists.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:26 PM
SealTTX50 has a spectacular aura aboutSealTTX50 has a spectacular aura about
I had no idea about this event and have a 2nd home there. Currently planning to be out of town, but may need to rearrange the schedule to participate.
If I can make it back, welcome to swing by for a glass of wine and a quick car wash.
Anyone need any tips or recommendations on anything, let me know. It's all in my backyard .

Old 04-08-2017, 10:04 AM
Shout out to Don - Thanks for the invite. Was great seeing you again and meeting your wife. Snapped a few picks in the parking lot at the meet and greet.

Egyptian hieroglyphics - loose translation - I Go Fast

Just liked how the reflection was on my console.

Old 04-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Thanks for posting the photos, it was nice to meet you Friday night.
We had a great drive today, my wife had some great wine.
Ron

Old 04-09-2017, 06:26 PM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
Great meeting everyone, even though I got food poisoning Friday night 😷😖

I never put two and two together to align people at the event with their 6Speed profiles...

Next time we will have to do separate intros

😎

Old 04-09-2017, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by Batman-76
Great meeting everyone, even though I got food poisoning Friday night 😷😖

I never put two and two together to align people at the event with their 6Speed profiles...

Next time we will have to do separate intros

😎
You drove off this morning before I could ask how you were feeling. I was walking to my car has you passed me in the parking lot. I saw you at the dinner party, so I hoped you were better. It was nice to meet you.
Ron

Old 04-10-2017, 08:21 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Old phart
Shout out to Don - Thanks for the invite. Was great seeing you again and meeting your wife. Snapped a few picks in the parking lot at the meet and greet.

Egyptian hieroglyphics - loose translation - I Go Fast
Alternate translation: Been there-done that!

Steve: We were glad you made the effort to join the Friday night "meet and greet" and dinner afterwards. Presume your Saturday event with your daughter back home went well?

And it was nice to put faces with those that we hadn't met before.

Old 04-10-2017, 12:46 PM
This is a video that my wife made of our weekend with the club.
Ron

Old 04-10-2017, 07:29 PM
Amazing video of the cars and the winery!

Thank your wife for her talent and generosity for posting :-)

I think we should do some 6Speed Meet-Ups to give us more opportunities to get out in our beautiful cars and experience the thrill of driving alongside fellow enthusiasts...

Old 04-13-2017, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Batman-76
I think we should do some 6Speed Meet-Ups to give us more opportunities to get out in our beautiful cars and experience the thrill of driving alongside fellow enthusiasts...
+1 to that. Always looking for a reason to take mine out. Unfortunately It usually involves a lot of straight road to the nearest town for whatnot. I call them junk miles. But enjoy them nonetheless.

One of my favorite roads when I go to Monterey. Starts with some good twists, then some long sweeping straights, another set of twists, and finishes with some more straights. Just a great combination. And then have it to look forward to on the way back! In my younger days when I had my motorcycle we'd always stop after the twisty sections and check out each other's tires to see who was leaning the most. Bonus points for scraping your pegs!

Last edited by Old phart; 04-13-2017 at 11:11 AM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.