Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Audi S6 clocks 3.7s in 0-60mph

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 08:28 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
2013 Audi S6 clocks 3.7s in 0-60mph

and thatīs just the S6, imagine the upcoming RS6

source:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-audi-s6-test-review

Old 05-11-2012, 01:23 PM
e46m3smg will become famous soon enoughe46m3smg will become famous soon enough
0-60 mph isn't the most important test. Alot of cars launch well, I've seen 300hp EVOs do sub 4 0-60 mph. More important tests are 60-130 mph, 0-124 mph, the 1/4 mile. Those tests are where the real results show and where cars are separated. I mean the GT-R does 0-60 mph in less than 3 seconds and the same as a Veyron but a STOCK GT-R would never compete with a Veyron. Get what I mean? See the 0-130mph which takes 16.1 secs, a Mercedes-Benz E55 does it faster stock. The quarter mile isn't bad it's amazing but the trap speed is a bit off for the E/T, maybe they had a holeshot launch which explains the 0-60 time.

Last edited by e46m3smg; 05-11-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:00 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by e46m3smg
0-60 mph isn't the most important test. Alot of cars launch well, I've seen 300hp EVOs do sub 4 0-60 mph. More important tests are 60-130 mph, 0-124 mph, the 1/4 mile. Those tests are where the real results show and where cars are separated. I mean the GT-R does 0-60 mph in less than 3 seconds and the same as a Veyron but a STOCK GT-R would never compete with a Veyron. Get what I mean? See the 0-130mph which takes 16.1 secs, a Mercedes-Benz E55 does it faster stock. The quarter mile isn't bad it's amazing but the trap speed is a bit off for the E/T, maybe they had a holeshot launch which explains the 0-60 time.
i know what you mean, but itīs 1.5 seconds faster than the previous S6, of course with launch control. still unreal.
and i think it is also pretty amazing that itīs close to some M5 (F10) numbers, which isn`t supposed to be its direct rival (M5 with 140 more HP):

M5's 5-60 number was 4.6 seconds, S6s is 4.9 seconds. S6's 1/4 mile ET of 12.1 seconds, M5 does it in 12.0 at higher MPH, but also at MUCH higher costs.

so the carīs performance is pretty brilliant imho.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:20 PM
GothamCayenne will become famous soon enoughGothamCayenne will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
i know what you mean, but itīs 1.5 seconds faster than the previous S6, of course with launch control. still unreal.
and i think it is also pretty amazing that itīs close to some M5 (F10) numbers, which isn`t supposed to be its direct rival (M5 with 140 more HP):

M5's 5-60 number was 4.6 seconds, S6s is 4.9 seconds. S6's 1/4 mile ET of 12.1 seconds, M5 does it in 12.0 at higher MPH, but also at MUCH higher costs.

so the carīs performance is pretty brilliant imho.
I agree. The previous gen C6 RS6 with the V10 is still one of my all time favorites, can't wait to see this current generation's RS6, and I pray that we actually get them here stateside this time around.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:58 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
i hate to say that the car looks like an excellent value, but at $70k base with those specs it looks like an excellent value....

Old 05-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Al Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the rough

source:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...s6-test-review

Before or after MTM mods?

Old 05-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by Al Pettee
Before or after MTM mods?

haha, thatīs another +.
i mean the same engine makes a 100HP more (520HP) in the new S8.
it should be easy for the aftermarket to make it even more brutal.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by e46m3smg
True, but it does mean it's aggressively geared, it's far more useful than a 0-130mph time, the AWD means it can do it virtually anytime, far far more consistently than a RWD competitor. Same with the GT-R.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:51 PM
e46m3smg will become famous soon enoughe46m3smg will become famous soon enough
Absolutely guys it's amazing I didn't mean to discredit the new S6 and that TT V8 will have ALOT of potential when it gets tuned. I just wanted to clarify the 0-60 thing that's all. I loved the old S6 and this looks very nice from the outside. I'm sure it'll be a beast.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:01 PM
NWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond repute
I think I found a replacement for my R63

RS6 will probably just have the 520hp+ tune from the S8, so simply getting an S6, and flashing it might just be a close substitute for the Rs6.

I had an '03 RS6 years ago, and had it flashed with GIAC tune - it was a monster! Very very fast, and the AWD was great year round.

source:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...s6-test-review

Old 05-13-2012, 02:27 AM
Carbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond repute
I love the look of the front of this generation of A6. It's a real shame they seemed to have been out to lunch when designing the rear tail lamps and such.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:36 AM
RM5
RM5 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Carbon
I love the look of the front of this generation of A6. It's a real shame they seemed to have been out to lunch when designing the rear tail lamps and such.
That is so true.^^^ I just got the new A6 and Audi has done a good job with it. I just wish the seats would have better side bolsters or seats like the S6.
As for acceleration I think the gearing is matched very well to achieve those numbers.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:39 PM
blipit is just really niceblipit is just really niceblipit is just really niceblipit is just really nice
S6, M5, E63 should all have easy hp upgrades since all went with turbos.

I see the M157 in the benz's having the edge in tuning.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:52 PM
GothamCayenne will become famous soon enoughGothamCayenne will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by NWturbo

RS6 will probably just have the 520hp+ tune from the S8, so simply getting an S6, and flashing it might just be a close substitute for the Rs6.

I had an '03 RS6 years ago, and had it flashed with GIAC tune - it was a monster! Very very fast, and the AWD was great year round.
The C5 RS6 was/is a monster. This new one looks promising too ! Can't wait!

Old 05-16-2012, 06:26 PM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by NWturbo

I think the upcoming RS6 will have at least the same amount of hp as the F10 M5, probably more.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2013 Audi S6 clocks 3.7s in 0-60mph