Go Back   6speedonline.com Forums > German > Audi
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.

The Ultimate R8 V10 Twin Turbo Build- More than just a street car....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Premium Sponsor

Fabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond repute
The Ultimate R8 V10 Twin Turbo Build- More than just a street car....

Well as projects sometime go, enough is never enough. Our client with one of our signature GMG R8 V10 LeMans 780 Twin Turbo kits decided it was time to build the ultimate R8, and what better way to achieve that goal then to build a full blown race car.

The pictures below document the process that we're taking to achieve his desired result. As far as we know, this is the only type of R8 build in existence at the moment, and we're more than excited with the progress thus far.

Enjoy!

The seat fitment:
Click the image to open in full size.

The process of building the cage into the car is very complex, as it simply cannot be welded to the chassis. The car is aluminum and the cage chromoly, so the cage has to be welded together in the car, the chassis is then reinforced and finally the cage is bolted to the chassis, just like the LMS race car.

The rear section has CNC machined couplers to allow access for engine removal :

We will update this thread as progress continues. Cheers!

Fabryce Kutyba
www.gmgracing.com
fabryce@gmgracing.com
facebook | twitter | youtube
Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini
Performance Tuning | Motorsport| Factory Service
Audi R8 LMS Pirelli World Challenge GT Team
#14 | #8 | #24 |#45 |#95
Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo USA Team
#14 | #33 |#69

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 02-10-2012 at 01:09 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:48 PM

slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
sub'd!
Old 02-06-2012, 08:17 PM

unvmy996 has a reputation beyond reputeunvmy996 has a reputation beyond reputeunvmy996 has a reputation beyond reputeunvmy996 has a reputation beyond reputeunvmy996 has a reputation beyond reputeunvmy996 has a reputation beyond reputeunvmy996 has a reputation beyond reputeunvmy996 has a reputation beyond reputeunvmy996 has a reputation beyond reputeunvmy996 has a reputation beyond reputeunvmy996 has a reputation beyond repute
insane!!
Old 02-06-2012, 08:29 PM

MSIZZLE66 has much to be proud ofMSIZZLE66 has much to be proud ofMSIZZLE66 has much to be proud ofMSIZZLE66 has much to be proud ofMSIZZLE66 has much to be proud ofMSIZZLE66 has much to be proud ofMSIZZLE66 has much to be proud ofMSIZZLE66 has much to be proud ofMSIZZLE66 has much to be proud ofMSIZZLE66 has much to be proud of
nuts!!!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:23 PM

Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
no doubt subscribing to this one!!
Old 02-07-2012, 03:35 AM

catchmyshadow has a reputation beyond reputecatchmyshadow has a reputation beyond reputecatchmyshadow has a reputation beyond reputecatchmyshadow has a reputation beyond reputecatchmyshadow has a reputation beyond reputecatchmyshadow has a reputation beyond reputecatchmyshadow has a reputation beyond reputecatchmyshadow has a reputation beyond reputecatchmyshadow has a reputation beyond reputecatchmyshadow has a reputation beyond reputecatchmyshadow has a reputation beyond repute
damn!
Old 02-07-2012, 07:58 AM

thebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to behold
Wow. As an owner of an R8 I cringe to what is happening to that gorgeous car; but then the track junkie side of me says hell yes!! lol
Bish
Old 02-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Premium Sponsor

Fabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond repute
A few more pics.

Fabryce Kutyba
www.gmgracing.com
fabryce@gmgracing.com
#14 | #8 | #24 |#45 |#95
#14 | #33 |#69
Old 02-08-2012, 03:58 AM

Pipper6speed is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not sure I see the point in this. Why didn't he just buy an R8 LMS?
Old 02-08-2012, 08:53 AM
Premium Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedouglas View Post
I'm not sure I see the point in this. Why didn't he just buy an R8 LMS?

Because an LMS is $445K!!!! And they only have 560hp.......this has 200
more than that! :-)

Not to mention GMG is a company that is capable of building a car of this caliber.

We have always been the care takers of our customers dreams.. He wanted something special that would be unique so thats where we come in ..

Stay tuned.

Fabryce Kutyba
www.gmgracing.com
fabryce@gmgracing.com
#14 | #8 | #24 |#45 |#95
#14 | #33 |#69
Old 02-08-2012, 12:00 PM

casper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nice
plus you'll be able to take this baby on the road
Old 02-09-2012, 10:00 AM

Pipper6speed is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing View Post
Because an LMS is $445K!!!! And they only have 560hp.......this has 200
more than that! :-)

Not to mention GMG is a company that is capable of building a car of this caliber.

We have always been the care takers of our customers dreams.. He wanted something special that would be unique so thats where we come in ..

Stay tuned.
I guess. I don't doubt that you're capable of building a good car, but I don't think it will be the same calibre as the LMS. I mean, you're talking about a factory backed race car with factory resources and development/testing. The amount of time and money that has gone into the LMS is probably millions. It also has a lot of stuff that the street car won't -- the CF wide body, CFRP door, aero work, the transmission, lots of suspension development, among other things I'm sure.

You'd also be able to sell the LMS if you didn't want it anymore. Even with a $450K entry price, you'd be able to recoup some of that money by selling it. A TT R8 with 780hp will probably not be allowed to run in any sanctioned races, so I don't think anyone is ever going to want to buy it. The owner is probably going to end up with $250-300K into this build, so I don't think the cost is much of an issue.

I'm looking forward to seeing it all finished, but I still think it's weird not to just buy the LMS. Then again, I'm not sure if you could even get an LMS unless you were one of their factory backed teams. I know for a fact that they wouldn't sell me any parts when I asked them haha

Last edited by Pipper6speed; 02-09-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:11 AM

Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Amazing ***** to go this far with the build will be awesome when completed. You guys going to do any aero as well? Surprised you guys didn't talk him into a cup car!!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Premium Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedouglas View Post
I guess. I don't doubt that you're capable of building a good car, but I don't think it will be the same calibre as the LMS. I mean, you're talking about a factory backed race car with factory resources and development/testing. The amount of time and money that has gone into the LMS is probably millions. It also has a lot of stuff that the street car won't -- the CF wide body, CFRP door, aero work, the transmission, lots of suspension development, among other things I'm sure.

You'd also be able to sell the LMS if you didn't want it anymore. Even with a $450K entry price, you'd be able to recoup some of that money by selling it. A TT R8 with 780hp will probably not be allowed to run in any sanctioned races, so I don't think anyone is ever going to want to buy it. The owner is probably going to end up with $250-300K into this build, so I don't think the cost is much of an issue.

I'm looking forward to seeing it all finished, but I still think it's weird not to just buy the LMS. Then again, I'm not sure if you could even get an LMS unless you were one of their factory backed teams. I know for a fact that they wouldn't sell me any parts when I asked them haha

Your points are valid but not all car owners look at things the same way.

This car is getting alot of the LMS parts as they relate to suspension, carbon body work etc.

In addition this is a car that will run in multiple series, perhaps not ALMS but that doesn't mean other series we run in wont allow it run a few races.
You would be surprised

Yes he could buy a LMS and yes perhaps sell it. But that's not what he is worried about not everyone looks at the $$$ in the end. Sometimes its not about the money.

This will also be a car that will remain road registered and drive able on the road if he wants to.. That was his main focus with the build. He did not want to be limited to what the LMS is as a package.

The LMS is built to GT3 specification which are limited and they share many many parts with the road cars.

This car will depart from this formula while utilizing the best factory motorsport parts available as well as the latest technology found in motorsports which would surpass what a LMS car currently has.

We aren't reinventing the wheel just helping it move along much faster

Enjoy the build - as it truly is the only one in the world.

And as far as factory backed teams and a LMS GT3 race car is concerned.
Stay tuned you might be surprised who the next team is...

Fabryce Kutyba
www.gmgracing.com
fabryce@gmgracing.com
#14 | #8 | #24 |#45 |#95
#14 | #33 |#69
Old 02-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Premium Sponsor

A few more pics of the work in progress:

Fabryce Kutyba
www.gmgracing.com
fabryce@gmgracing.com
#14 | #8 | #24 |#45 |#95
#14 | #33 |#69

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 02-15-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:57 PM

Tags
780, audi, build, car, cnc, gmg, kit, lemans, machining, price, pricing, r8, turbo, twin, v10