Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

For Sale or Trade: Black Betty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !
For Sale or Trade: Black Betty

Please direct all inquiries to Airkuhl. Thank you.

Whoa Black Betty, Bam A Lam....
2005 Porsche 997S
Black/black
~28,000 Miles
Asking $60K or trade for interesting long-nose or 993 Turbo of similar value.

Description
I have an opportunity to purchase a long nose 911 that I've always craved, so I'm selling my current 997S at a very attractive price in hopes of funding the purchase. Please note that if the older car sells, I may withdraw this sale as this is a perfect car that I searched for months for and still love.

This car always gets comments, a recent one I liked was: "That looks like the car the Commandant of White Sands Missile Range should drive"
This is launch car #242. These cars were used to generate interest in the then new 997 series and therefore came with all possible options. Just a few include Gen2 PCCB brakes, Nav, Full leather interior, Adaptive sport seats, PASM, uprated stereo, Sport Chrono, etc.

It also includes the following aftermarket enhancements:
Rinspeed wing, exhaust surround and side skirts
GT3 nose
Bilstein Damptronics, sways and drop links integrated with the stock PASM system
Corner balanced and aligned by TC Design.
Fabspeed headers
Champion wheels, one piece forged.
EVOMS CAI
much more little stuff, like body color headlight surrounds, clear markers, etc.

Dyno run shows 329rwhp, about 381 at the crank.

Total cost including original purchase is over $125K.

This car has been owned and babied by Pelican/Rennlist/6speedonline members since new. Only TC Design, Sharkwerks and Carlsen Porsche have touched this car under my care. While I'm not a prolific poster I have been active on these forums for around 7 years and have owned, bought and sold several Porsches on the forums and can provide references from former transactions. This is a fully sorted, enthusiast owned car in top condition that needs nothing. The PCCB's in conjunction with the custom lightweight wheels sheds around 80 pounds of unsprung weight, and along with the aggressive alignment and wider rubber transforms the driving experience. This is hands down the best handling 911 I've ever owned or driven. Title in hand and car is located in Santa Cruz, CA. Full Spring maintenance and detailing completed by Carlsen Porsche in late March.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Joeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to behold
I believe this is my old car. Good luck with the sale, still looks like she is in near perfect condition.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:26 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
hey Pete, sorry to see it go! Great car and some fun mods on it too so someone is going to get a nice set up!

Old 04-06-2009, 01:00 AM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
i have driven this car and I know it well!! It is a perfect car and if timing was better I would consider buying it!!

Old 04-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Airkuhl is a splendid one to beholdAirkuhl is a splendid one to beholdAirkuhl is a splendid one to beholdAirkuhl is a splendid one to beholdAirkuhl is a splendid one to beholdAirkuhl is a splendid one to beholdAirkuhl is a splendid one to behold
Thanks guys, she's actually better than ever with the latest mods and an all day professional detail to get the paint black-car perfect. I'll miss her dearly but I just can't get the crappy handling, oil stink, weird interior, weird dash, vague shifter and missing A/C of an old air cooled 911 out of my system. Maybe I need to up my meds.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:53 PM
///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough
If someone wants to buy my E55 I'm all over this car!!! I've got a couple interested parties in my car right now and if it sells I'll be sure to call you. I've been searching for a 997S for awhile now with a few exterior and engine mods and this one fits the bill...

Old 04-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Airkuhl is a splendid one to beholdAirkuhl is a splendid one to beholdAirkuhl is a splendid one to beholdAirkuhl is a splendid one to beholdAirkuhl is a splendid one to beholdAirkuhl is a splendid one to beholdAirkuhl is a splendid one to behold
Full leather interior still smells awesome every time you open the door.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:50 AM
Reduced to $59K

Old 04-14-2009, 07:46 PM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
Very Nice!

Old 04-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
This was my screensaver for a few months. Love the car man. I'd be inquiring about it but had to go a different route with the M5.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by amerlemans
This was my screensaver for a few months. Love the car man. I'd be inquiring about it but had to go a different route with the M5.
LOL, there was a guy who bought my last 993 that had it as a screensaver for a few months before buying it, seems like a trend.

I had an M5 before Black Betty. Great car but a totally different vibe, never really "bonded" with it for some reason.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:52 AM
AlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to all
I had the privilege of owning this car prior to Airkuhl. It's has to be one of the strongest NA 997s out there with the looks to match. I can also vouch for Airkuhl - honest guy and true P car enthusiast!

Old 04-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by AlgaeHater
I had the privilege of owning this car prior to Airkuhl. It's has to be one of the strongest NA 997s out there with the looks to match. I can also vouch for Airkuhl - honest guy and true P car enthusiast!
Thanks Simon, she was and still is a sweet car.

All, today I found an early 911 that interests me. This means that I'm more open to offers, as long as that car remains available.

You will be getting an incredible deal on a very special, one of a kind 997S that has been in the 6speed family from the beginning and fondly remembered by all that have experienced her. This is not an average 997. She is truly unique and there is a long history of 6speed members that can vouch for her. This is as safe and stress-free a 997 purchase as you can have. Don't be swayed by the relative lack of photos, I can't take a good picture to save my life. This car is the real deal.

Dooooo eeeetttt!!!

Old 04-26-2009, 11:21 PM
tazman007 is on a distinguished road
interested still available? pm message me and lets touch base?

Old 04-27-2009, 03:53 PM
Bimmeristic has a spectacular aura aboutBimmeristic has a spectacular aura about
Nice toy. Maybe one day I'll be at a level high enough to afford the expensive toys like yours!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: For Sale or Trade: Black Betty