Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

FS: 1988 BMW 735i

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 10:08 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
FS: 1988 BMW 735i

Year: 1988
Make: BMW
Model: 7-Series
Price: $7000
Mileage: 102000
Color: Jet Black
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): PA
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Please direct all inquiries to member Chris here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...=newpm&u=24130

Up for sale is my 1988 BMW 735i 5-speed. I purchased this car from a friend of mine earlier this year who is the original owner. I intended to hold onto this car for a very long time, but my situation has changed and I really don't have the space to keep it anymore.

This car has the famous bulletproof M30 3.5L 6-cylinder engine that BMW should never have stopped building. This particular car is a very rare 5-speed manual with optional limited slip differential. At only 102,000 original miles and in this condition, it is said to be the best example in the country.

The car has been garaged its entire life, so there is no fading paint or sun damage. It has also never seen a winter, so there is no rust or corrosion on the body. The only rust to be found on the entire car is on the muffler heatshield. No accidents, body damage, or paint work. There are a couple little dings, but I have added photos of everything.

The interior is in fantastic shape. The leather seats have no cracks, stains, or tears; dash has no cracks or warping; no major stains in the carpet, and no imperfections in the wood trim. The headliner is sagging a little bit by the rear window, but its nothing that needs to be replaced. Everything works; on-board computer, rear window shade, heated power seats, power sunroof, etc. The only problem I could find in the interior is that the radio crackles at low volume due to a worn out fader.

I have every single receipt since 1988. This is the most well documented car I have ever encountered in my lifetime. The car recently (within last 5k miles) had over $6,000 worth of work done at the dealer and replaced any worn item on the entire car. I won't go over everything that was replaced, but every gasket, hose, seal, all ignition parts, tires, brakes, ball joints, bushings, fluids, filters, belts, etc. It drives like a brand new car and needs nothing.

I don't drive the car anymore, so unfortunately it sits. Dumb me did not have the car on a trickle charger, so I went to go start it 2 days ago and it was dead. I purchased a brand new battery for it with 2-year free replacement warranty. No expense was ever spared on this car, anything that ever needed to be done was performed at either the dealer or a reputable shop.

I had a full PPI done by my BMW mechanic that specializes in classics, and after looking the car over he said that I could expect to get up to $9,000 from the right buyer. I understand that this is a niche car, so I placed it at $7,000 or best offer for a quick sale. I'd really like to sell the car within the next couple weeks so I don't have to start hunting for another place to keep it, so I'll entertain any reasonable offer for a quick pick-up. Come see this car in person and you will not be disappointed.

Unused factory tool kit

All original BMW manuals and paperwork

Original window sticker, press book, paperwork, etc.

Window sticker close-up

There is documentation of every single maintenance item or repair ever performed on the car dating back to 1988.

The only rust anywhere on the car like I said above. This is the heat shielding for the muffler, the actually muffler has no corrosion. The car passed state inspection and emissions with flying colors.

One dent on the trunk. No paint is scratched or chipped, just a dent that can be pulled.

Here is every little rock chip or ding that I could find on the exterior.

Here are two "stains" that I found on the carpet. While taking these photos, I tried rubbing on one and it came out completely, so a normal carpet cleaner should make all of it disappear altogether.

The only other imperfections I could find in the interior were an ink mark on the center console; and a worn shift ****.

Here is just showing the tread depth to show that the tires are new.

Old 07-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Cscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks again, Chuck.

All PMs have been replied. Two of the most common questions: Where is the car located; and am I willing to trade for your ________.

1. The car is in NorthEast PA, but I also have a residence in Northern New Jersey that I can bring the car to for serious potential buyers.

2. I am not interested in any trades for this car, even if yours may be valued higher. I am looking to sell one of my cars due to not having space. The reason for the sale is not because I do not like it anymore or that I need the money. I am willing to work out a fantastic deal for somebody with cash in hand who is looking to take possession of the car immediately. This is a lot of car for a very little amount of money.

I am available to show the car almost any day, but please do not waste my time if you are not serious. There is nothing to hide about this car, and most of anything you would want to know has been addressed in the above ad. I can be contacted either through private messaging on here or at nissandriver2010 at yahoo dot com. Thank you.

Last edited by Cscat; 07-23-2010 at 04:32 PM.