Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

FS: 2001 996TT, X50 equipped

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 01:36 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
FS: 2001 996TT, X50 equipped

Year: 2001
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Price: $99999999
Mileage: 74600
Color: Seal Grey
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

SOLD

I had this car up for sale in 2012, took it off the market because I needed it and kept it for 2 more years driving and loving it.

Now my car inventory has changed and I am putting it up for sale again, reposted here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4162974

Last edited by MrWhite; 03-07-2015 at 02:45 PM. Reason: pics
Old 04-28-2012, 08:00 AM
Clo
Clo is on a distinguished road
Too bad this wasn't available a month ago. Good luck with the sale! What wheels are in the pictures?

Old 04-28-2012, 08:22 AM
Etahgnimusnoc will become famous soon enough
Beautiful!! GLWS

Old 04-28-2012, 10:40 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Clo
Too bad this wasn't available a month ago. Good luck with the sale! What wheels are in the pictures?
Forgestar F14, 8.5x19 front, 12x19 rear, on Hankook 235/305 RS3.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:59 PM
FI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have more pics available somewhere? Also would like to see some of the "wear areas" (rock chips, wheels, interior, etc.)

Thanks!!

Where are you in Socal btw?

Old 04-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by LUCIANO136
Do you have more pics available somewhere? Also would like to see some of the "wear areas" (rock chips, wheels, interior, etc.)

Thanks!!

Where are you in Socal btw?
Will get photos and details tmrw night.
In LA area.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:20 AM
FI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MrWhite
Will get photos and details tmrw night.
In LA area.
Thanks !

Old 05-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Added recent photos incl interior.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the pics!

Old 05-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Persian54 has much to be proud ofPersian54 has much to be proud ofPersian54 has much to be proud ofPersian54 has much to be proud ofPersian54 has much to be proud ofPersian54 has much to be proud ofPersian54 has much to be proud ofPersian54 has much to be proud of
You mentioned "composed for the spirited driver in canyons"

How about for the track? Too soft?

Last edited by Persian54; 05-02-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by Persian54
Hi mentioned "composed for the spirited driver in canyons"

How about for the track? Too soft?
Both as far as I can tell:

Car is in mechanical excellent shape, serviced regularly with fluid changes and is tight and prepped at professional level for track duty or canyons.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Persian54 has much to be proud ofPersian54 has much to be proud ofPersian54 has much to be proud ofPersian54 has much to be proud ofPersian54 has much to be proud ofPersian54 has much to be proud ofPersian54 has much to be proud ofPersian54 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by LUCIANO136
Both as far as I can tell:

Car is in mechanical excellent shape, serviced regularly with fluid changes and is tight and prepped at professional level for track duty or canyons.
My apologies for not conveying what I meant by "for the track"

I was referring to more than 'simple' HPDE track use, as "track duty" can vary between people.
The main reason I raised this question was the use of H&R lowering springs... I know for some applications that I am familiar with, H&R lowering springs do more harm than good (meaning OEM is better) when it comes to tracking. I'm not saying this is the case on this car, hence my question .

Gorgeous car, and if all goes as planned with my current car, I should be picking up a Porsche for the track. I hope your car is still available by then so I can't exactly say GLWS
I miss owning a Porsche..it's been too long...

Old 05-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by Persian54
My apologies for not conveying what I meant by "for the track"

I was referring to more than 'simple' HPDE track use, as "track duty" can vary between people.
The main reason I raised this question was the use of H&R lowering springs... I know for some applications that I am familiar with, H&R lowering springs do more harm than good (meaning OEM is better) when it comes to tracking. I'm not saying this is the case on this car, hence my question .

Gorgeous car, and if all goes as planned with my current car, I should be picking up a Porsche for the track. I hope your car is still available by then so I can't exactly say GLWS
I miss owning a Porsche..it's been too long...
Hi, very valid question.

Re this H&R/OEM shock combo it is extremely capable and the shocks are very responsive for dynamic work as in a Canyon, when one wheels sometimes has to droop fast or quick compression then turn, we all know canyon roads are pretty challenging and not always very smooth. All corners have all arms needed for either job, the diff is extremely smooth with no mechanical "step" which is nice on the limit.

The car as it stands is good enough for keeping up on track with a 997 GT3 RS (same driver, same track), however for dedicated full-time track duty, I would myself swap to coilovers for added adjustability and a little harder springs. It's pretty hard already, don't get me wrong but if you add R-comps for fulltime track it's the right thing to do to go up in spring rates close to racing rates.

Doing harder spring-rates would take away some of the capability for uneven canyon roads and make it more painful for daily driving (too stiff), but the car is built and ready for coilovers and R-comps.

There is also a bit more gain from the tune for someone who wants to go more aggressive on timing. I kept it at a safe level to never have to worry.

As it is now, it's a great mix for canyon, some track, commute + weekend driving.

Last edited by MrWhite; 05-04-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:31 AM
chillar15 is on a distinguished road
Hey OP, could you PM me your email address? I'm local and have a few questions. Thanks!

Old 05-05-2012, 06:54 PM
differs is on a distinguished road
996tt

Hi Mr. White,
Can you pm me or email? I am very interested in your tt. Thanks,
Danny P.
joonspoons@yahoo.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: 2001 996TT, X50 equipped