Go Back   6speedonline.com Forums > The Marketplace > Automobiles For Sale
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Automobiles For Sale A classified forum for Cars & Trucks For Sale
Sponsored By Intercity Lines

2003 Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa - Very Clean, Under Trade Value, Trades Considered

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 12:52 PM

onewhippedpuppy is on a distinguished road
2003 Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa - Very Clean, Under Trade Value, Trades Considered

Year: 2003
Make: Maserati
Model: Gran Turismo
Price: $23000
Mileage: 46000
Color: Verde Good Wood
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): KS
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Summary: 2003 Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa, 6-speed F1 gearbox, 46,000 miles, Skyhook adjustable suspension, super clean, $23,000 OBO.

I am selling a super clean 2003 Maserati coupe with only 46,000 miles. Inside it is very well equipped, as you would expect of a Maserati. Power heated seats with memory function, power tilt and telescoping steering wheel, heated power mirrors with power fold function, power windows, GPS navigation, CD changer, power windows and locks, keyless entry, cruise control, trip computer, wood trim on the door panels and steering wheel, and nice cold A/C. All power functions work correctly. Everything is covered in beautiful soft leather with contrasting french stiching, including the optional quilted leather headliner. Light wear on the driver's seat and a nick on the driver's side door panel that has been touched up, otherwise the interior is immaculate and recently treated with Leatherique. No stains, tears, etc, and I added custom-fit Lloyd Rubbertite floor mats to protect the carpet. It is a simply beautiful car inside. As you can see from the photos the back seats are surprisingly large, significantly bigger than my past Porsche 911s. The Maserati can easily carry four adults in comfort, not so with the Porsche.

The exterior is beautiful as well, both in styling and condition. The Verde Good Wood paint is in excellent shape, freshly clayed and waxed with Pinnacle and Zaino products with a deep glossy shine. It's an excellent color for a Maserati, the metallic green is subtle but very attractive, and it accents the car's curves quite well. Depending on lighting it varies between green and black. I don't believe that this car has ever been in an accident, I can find no sign of paintwork being done and the Carfax is clean. The wheels were recently professionally refinished and look like new, tires have excellent tread front and rear. Overall excellent condition, it has two dings on the driver's side and a few small scuffs on the rear bumper. None of these flaws are significant, and require a close look to notice. Other features include factory xenon lighting, as well as an aftermarket exhaust system that sounds amazing.

Despite the beauty of this car, the powertrain is the best part. The engine is epic, a 4.2L DOHC 32 valve V8 closely related to the Ferrari 360 powerplant. It produces 390 HP at 7000 RPM and sounds fantastic while doing so. The gearbox is shared with Ferrari as well, a 6-speed paddle shifted F1 gearbox with sport and automatic modes. Acceleration is quite impressive, as you would expect. The engine revs quickly and is super responsive, and the F1 gearbox provides ultra quick shifts. My Coupe also features the Skyhood adjustable suspension, as part of the Sport mode the suspension tightens up considerably to provide improved handling. Also worth noting, the Skyhook suspension is a height-adjustable coilover, providing ride height adjustment with a wrench. The brakes are excellent as well, with yellow calipers and cross-drilled rotors. Overall the car is mechanically solid with no warning lights and excellent performance. No pulling or vibration on the highway, no vibration or noise while braking, and the transmission shifts excellent.

My Coupe has been well maintained during both my ownership and the previous owner, recent work includes spark plugs, a Formula Dynamics performance air filter, ATE Super Blue brake bleed, pollen filter, Bosch Icon wiper blades, new xenon headlight bulbs, and a new front badge. As of 7/16/12 the clutch has 53% of wear per an SD2/3 scan. The front tires have about 1,000 miles on them, the rears about 9,000. I have service records from my ownership as well as the previous owner, and I have summarized the records in an Excel file that I can email upon request.

As you would expect from a 2003 model with 46,000 miles, my coupe is not perfect. I am an ****-retentive enthusiast, here are the flaws as I see them:
- Light rock chips up front, a few misc small scratches, a few scuffs on the rear bumper, and a few light door dings. Except for one dent on the driver's door that I have photographed, all of these flaws are very subtle.
-Light wear on the driver's seat leather, small scuff on the driver's door that has been touched up.
-Tires have great tread but are noisy. This is unfortunately consistent with my prior experience with Pirelli tires.
-No navigation disc for the GPS.
-Small cracks in the lower left corner of the windshield. These cracks are not noticeable from the outside without looking closely, and very subtle from the inside.
-Small amount of wear on the window switches, as well as the radio buttons. This is very common for Maserati and Ferrari products, and the wear on mine is very slight compared to most.

Overall this is a great car. It is simply stunning inside and out, a blast to drive, and sounds amazing. It's basically a half-priced Ferrari. Over the years I've owned sports and luxury cars from Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar, Audi, Saab, Cadillac, and others, this car provides the most "experience" of any that I've owned. It attracts a lot of attention but is still more subtle than other Italian exotics. It also has proven to be easy to drive on a regular basis, this is an Italian supercar that can be driven daily. I drove it 6+ hours home from St. Louis and had zero issues. It is not perfect but very nice, and is priced $3,000 below NADA TRADE IN value for a quick sale. I can be reached at jessup3 at ***.net or at 316-680-1748. Clean and clear KS title in hand. I also have 96 photos and an Excel file summarizing maintenance that is available upon request. Regarding trades, I would consider your equal valued trade, or a lower valued trade plus cash. Only interesting sports sedan/coupe trades please, I'm not interested in a Taurus or Camry. Send me general information and pictures on what you have and we'll go from there. Thanks for looking!

Click the image to open in full size.
Past: 911T, Carrera, 951, 955s, 996s, 987s, 997s, BMW x5, C36, C63, XJR, S8, Maserati Coupe, etc

Last edited by onewhippedpuppy; 10-14-2012 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Price drop
Old 09-26-2012, 07:20 AM

Also listed on Ebay here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...item337c6c5952

You can view a free Autocheck vehicle history report through Ebay.
Past: 911T, Carrera, 951, 955s, 996s, 987s, 997s, BMW x5, C36, C63, XJR, S8, Maserati Coupe, etc
Old 09-28-2012, 08:24 PM

Bump, you won't find one for less.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:36 PM

Bump.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:15 PM

Upwards!
Old 10-04-2012, 08:03 PM

Ttuned is on a distinguished road
what does the maint schedule look like on these? Car is incredibly clean!!
Old 10-05-2012, 04:54 AM

Thanks! The maintenance schedule is actually incredibly common stuff, nothing exotic. I don't have the book in front of me, but it's typical stuff like spark plugs, air and pollen filters, serpentine belt, and occasional fluid changes. Unlike many Ferraris there is not a timing belt to change, the Maserati uses a chain drive that requires no maintenance. It's also pretty easy to work on and parts can be easily had online. The OEM spark plugs are NGKs that I ordered from a local auto parts store, nothing crazy or unique. Call it a non-exotic exotic car.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:44 AM

1BADBURB has a reputation beyond repute1BADBURB has a reputation beyond repute1BADBURB has a reputation beyond repute1BADBURB has a reputation beyond repute1BADBURB has a reputation beyond repute1BADBURB has a reputation beyond repute1BADBURB has a reputation beyond repute1BADBURB has a reputation beyond repute1BADBURB has a reputation beyond repute1BADBURB has a reputation beyond repute1BADBURB has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 1BADBURB
What would the clutch life be now (being it was 53% in July). How many more miles were put on it since then?
Why does the car look soo lifted? Soo much gap b/w tire and fender? My old gransport did not sit that high and it had skyhook as well.
07 Corvette Z06 FOR SALE
Old 10-05-2012, 09:14 AM

There are guys on the Maserati forums reporting 45k clutch life by following a few guidelines to minimize wear, so by that I would say you could probably get another 20k out of it. It maybe has 1000 miles on it since then, I would have to check the mileage on that service record to be sure. The Gransport had a lower suspension from the factory, I've seen a number of Coupes that look "lifted". It's easy to adjust on the Skyhook, which is a big advantage of that suspension package. The lower spring perch has a nut and threaded shock body to adjust the ride height, similar to HRE coilovers that I've had in the past. The non Skyhook cars require a spring change to lower them.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:48 AM

Bump for a price drop.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:07 PM

LeoSterno is just really niceLeoSterno is just really niceLeoSterno is just really niceLeoSterno is just really nice
It realize its a real stretch, but any interested in my Evo 8 (see FS ad) as a trade?
Old 10-08-2012, 03:03 PM

Leo, I sent you a PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:31 PM

LeoSterno is just really niceLeoSterno is just really niceLeoSterno is just really niceLeoSterno is just really nice
PM'd you back.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:35 AM

Bump
Old 10-14-2012, 09:18 PM

Bump, $23k.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:18 PM

Tags
2003, 6spd, cambiocorsa, clutch, coupe, florida, fs, long, maintenance, maserati, nav, sale, schedule, speed, turbo