Location (State):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

2000 Porsche Carrera Convertible RARE color combo, IMS RMS LOW MILES!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 09:07 PM
sempaipaul will become famous soon enough
2000 Porsche Carrera Convertible RARE color combo, IMS RMS LOW MILES!

Year: 2000
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Price: $19999
Mileage: 81600
Color: Silver
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MD
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Good Evening,

I have decided to sell my 2000 Porsche Carrera Convertible 6-Speed. This car has been babied since the day it came off the dealer's floor. All records since day #1. The Carrera features a rare color combo - Silver Metallic exterior and deep blue interior. The car has leather seats and leather trimmed door handles/door pockets, shifter and e-brake. The seats are also heated which is really nice - especially for the weather in the DMV. The vehicle has 81,600 miles and all proper maintenance. Will come with the factory hard-top which is in a fantastic shape as well as the factory wind-stop.

I have NEVER tracked the car. I am a PCA member and have taken the car to several Katies Cars and Coffee events in Great Falls as well as other get-togethers that do not involve racing. I prefer a lawn chair and a drink instead

I have completed several tasteful modifications:
1. 36 way adjustable coil overs
2. Hankook Ventus EVO V12 tires (285 width in the rear for better handling)
3. Strut Brace (to be frank - I haven't noticed a difference in the way the car handles with this on - but it is there!)
4. K&N Cold Air Intake Kit
5. 3M Tinted windows
6. Fister-D Muffler Hack (http://fdmotorsports.net/fister-exhaust-996)
7. OEM Smoked front side-markers
8. IPod Cable for the radio

The top on the vehicle is BRAND NEW. Additionally - it is the one with a glass window which is not like the factory plastic that shrinks and ruins your top. The color is factory blue and material is the genuine Haartz.

I have completed all the major maintenance for the vehicle including the follow big items:
1. IMS bearing (~60K miles)
2. RMS rear main seal (~60K miles)
3. Sachs Factory Clutch Kit (~60K miles)
4. New spark plugs (BOSCH), Coil packs (~70K miles)

I have a binder full of papers which detail everything including all the oil changes.

The car is in good condition. It is 14 years old - so it does have a few nicks from the road - however, the paint shines excellent! I have religiously waxed this car bi-weekly with Mother's wax. The interior is in good shape. The passenger seat and the rear seats look like they have never been sat in. The driver's seat shows some wear - and has a tare in the bottom side bolster. I have gotten an estimate to fully re-upholster the bottom of the seat - $400.00. I can provide the referral - it simply never really bothered me as it is not very noticeable. Carpets are like new. The tires have 90% thread on them and are in excellent shape.

The reason as to why I am selling this vehicle is I simply do not drive it. I have a Cayenne for winter, a VW for daily purposes, and a 79 SC Targa that is my project. This car sits inside the garage and I would rather someone drive it. I take it out on the weekends - wash it up and put it away for the week.

Looking to get $21,000 OBO for everything... NOW $19,999. I will not negotiate until you come and see the vehicle. Also, you can feel free to take this car to a PPI. Please don't call if you're a dealer or if you wish to make an obnoxious offer.

Regards,
Paul

Last edited by sempaipaul; 08-09-2014 at 08:43 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:09 PM

Old 07-29-2014, 09:12 PM

Old 07-31-2014, 08:39 AM
Tmainevent will become famous soon enough
Love the car Paul---great example of an early 996. How long have your owned it? how many miles have you put on it? Any paintwork?

I keep passing your ad along to buddies looking for a P-car. Hope to help. I saw it on CL and cars.com.

Good luck on the sale...are you sure you want to sell!?!?

PS for curiosity...what does the vanity plate say??

Old 08-05-2014, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Tmainevent
Love the car Paul---great example of an early 996. How long have your owned it? how many miles have you put on it? Any paintwork?

I keep passing your ad along to buddies looking for a P-car. Hope to help. I saw it on CL and cars.com.

Good luck on the sale...are you sure you want to sell!?!?

PS for curiosity...what does the vanity plate say??
Hey there!

Thanks for passing it along. I have owned it for 3 years and put on half of those miles. I got it at 43K. No paintwork that I am aware of. Clean history, clean title (in hand).

I do wish to sell - it is bitter sweet, but some other priorities have taken over and I recently purchased a 79 Targa that I want to do some work on. This thing just sits.

The vanity plate says "fly 2" I had an 87 and it's tag read "fly 87" MYXA in translation from English to Russian (my nationality) means fly --- as in the bug… since these cars to me look like flies … weird I know!

Car is still for sale by the way! Would consider any reasonable offer!

Thanks,
Paul

Old 08-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Price lowered! $19,999!

Paul

Old 08-11-2014, 08:41 AM
HenryW3 is on a distinguished road
I can't PM but text me at 5719181310

Old 08-14-2014, 09:04 PM
Vehicle has been sold. I apologize I didn't see your post Henry. I had 7 interested parties over the weekend

Thanks again,
Paul