Item Condition:

Looking to Pickup a Used Panamera Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Suii is on a distinguished road
Looking to Pickup a Used Panamera Turbo

Long time listener first time caller !!

I have been lurking for a long time trying to soak up as much info as I could but now as the time gets closer I wanted to get some feedback from some actual owners.

I am looking at 2010-2012 low mileage Panamera Turbo's.

These cars potentially had SO many different additional options at build date that its hard for a guy to know where to start. So what I want to know is some first hand experience about some of these options, are they worth it, do you use them, how great are they etc etc. I like to have all the neat toys and buttons this cockpit has to offer but now that its time to buy I need to also be realistic and smart and get what makes sense. The options I would love to get more info on are.

Ventilated Seats - how good are they, are they worth it?
Assisted Stearing
Sport Exhaust - is it noticeable?
PDK
Brum Audio
PDCC

Thanks for all the feedback I hope to be sticking around here for a while

Old 12-11-2014, 08:55 PM
sypherdiaz is just really nicesypherdiaz is just really nicesypherdiaz is just really nicesypherdiaz is just really nicesypherdiaz is just really nice
I picked one up about one month ago - 2011 Panamera Turbo with about 40k on it.

Its probably easier to mention what it doesn't have

Doesn't have - heated steering wheel, ventilated seats, satellite radio, PSE, sports chrono package.

As for what you are asking about:

- assisted steering - I have it equipped, its a bit weird, at low speeds when turning into a parking spot, it kicks in and almost turns the wheel for you, strange feeling

-PDK, I think its standard

-Burmester - the best Audio you can get, my wife's GL350 has the Harmon Kardon and it doesn't stack up, and it destroys the BOSE (which I've had in my old A6). If you are into music and come across one with, its a big plus

Sports Exhaust - mine doesn't have PSE, reading the board it seems it is not a good value for money. I barely hear the exhaust on mine, only when I rev it on SPORT mode, a bit disappointing (I also have the insulated glass)

I did swap out the wood interior for a carbon fibre and looks much better.

It is probably the best car that I have driven and get a lot of attention while driving it.

Good luck.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:58 PM
sypherdiaz is just really nicesypherdiaz is just really nicesypherdiaz is just really nicesypherdiaz is just really nicesypherdiaz is just really nice
I forgot to mention, this is a big car - make sure it fits in your garage. Parking it is a bit of a mission sometimes.

Old 12-12-2014, 12:17 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Suii
Long time listener first time caller !!

I have been lurking for a long time trying to soak up as much info as I could but now as the time gets closer I wanted to get some feedback from some actual owners.

I am looking at 2010-2012 low mileage Panamera Turbo's.

These cars potentially had SO many different additional options at build date that its hard for a guy to know where to start. So what I want to know is some first hand experience about some of these options, are they worth it, do you use them, how great are they etc etc. I like to have all the neat toys and buttons this cockpit has to offer but now that its time to buy I need to also be realistic and smart and get what makes sense. The options I would love to get more info on are.

Ventilated Seats - how good are they, are they worth it?
Assisted Stearing
Sport Exhaust - is it noticeable?
PDK
Brum Audio
PDCC

Thanks for all the feedback I hope to be sticking around here for a while

I have one available well spec'd. PDCC, PTV, PSE, Sport Chrono, Burmester, blackout, sport body trim- key xtras.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tial-mods.html

Last edited by NelsonF; 12-12-2014 at 12:19 PM. Reason: add
Old 12-12-2014, 06:03 PM
nick.kapoor is on a distinguished road
If you are looking to pick up a used ptt make sure it's cpo. The ptt has a lot of standard equipment. I would focus more on the condition and the colors of the car than worry about options since you may not have very many choices in the used market. You already have the best option ie turbo. Bottom line I don't have burm in this ptt. But had it in the 4s The burm is definitely a superior sound system. However I don't care about it since i have the audio turned off. I don't care to be disturbed when I am driving. Can't say anything bout the pse. I don't think I would like it because the car draws tremendous attention and I don't need any more. Have the pdcc. Didn't have it in the 4s. Pdcc is amazing especially when on the ramp I think it's the pdcc that is making the handling unbelievable. I have the pccb so the brakes are quick and the wheels are clean. In sum I would look for pdcc pccb and assisted steering wheeel . You get it very cool. Don't get it no sweat. You have an awesome auto in any case. Let us know what you get.

Last edited by nick.kapoor; 12-12-2014 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:35 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
There is a pristine white one in Phoenix, loaded with best options, very low mileage and tons of warranty left -- car is immaculate in person!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-warranty.html

Old 12-12-2014, 09:52 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I had a CTT not PTT but very similar interiors and powertrain, but not pdk.

Ventilated seats: have had many cars with ventilated seats and porsche has the best ones. They actually cause your but bone to hurt after having it on to long, so cold. Also you can put the seat heater and vetilation on at the same time during winter, it makes sense once you try it. No other car lets you do this, a must have IMO.

Burmester: have heard many car audio systems and this is leaps and bounds better than any of them. Can turn it really really loud without any distortion. Have had a few audio buffs listen and were blown away.

PDCC: as others have said is very important if you want good handling along with a nice supple ride.

PSE: I would get bypass pipes instead. It reduces turbo lag and adds close to 30hp/tq. It also gives a very nice v8 rumble sound.

PDK: it comes standard but I didn't have this on my car CTT as it is not available for it. The PDK is better than an automatic because you will not lose turbo spool when it shifts, a torque converter auto will.

Old 12-14-2014, 12:37 AM
barsik is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
I had a CTT not PTT but very similar interiors and powertrain, but not pdk.

Ventilated seats: have had many cars with ventilated seats and porsche has the best ones. They actually cause your but bone to hurt after having it on to long, so cold. Also you can put the seat heater and vetilation on at the same time during winter, it makes sense once you try it. No other car lets you do this, a must have IMO.

Burmester: have heard many car audio systems and this is leaps and bounds better than any of them. Can turn it really really loud without any distortion. Have had a few audio buffs listen and were blown away.

PDCC: as others have said is very important if you want good handling along with a nice supple ride.

PSE: I would get bypass pipes instead. It reduces turbo lag and adds close to 30hp/tq. It also gives a very nice v8 rumble sound.

PDK: it comes standard but I didn't have this on my car CTT as it is not available for it. The PDK is better than an automatic because you will not lose turbo spool when it shifts, a torque converter auto will.

My 2015 Mercedes GL will allow both the heated and venilated seats to run at the same time.

I have Burmester on my PTT and *LOVE* it. Totally worth it.

Old 12-14-2014, 04:34 PM
Suii is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all the input. I did see the white loaded PTT on autotrader but found a local PTT that is almost fully loaded that I am in the process of purchasing. It has everything except the active assisted seating. I will keep everyone posted and get some pics up if all goes through. Should know in a couple of days. Can't wait to figure out the cockpit of one of these cars there are MILLIONS of buttons for everything.