Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

For Sale: 2005 Mercedes Benz S500 4matic Sport Designo
57,200 miles
Designo Mocha Black over Brown
5.0L 3v SOHC V8/722.6 5 speed transmission
$115k MSRP
Clean carfax
I am the second owner and have had the car for nearly 7 years.
Asking $13,900 OBO

Options:

Designo exterior paint and full leather Designo interior. This includes a full leather dash, door panels, rear parcel shelf, and leather lined floor mats. Special designo wood throughout. The interior also features wood overhead console, grab handles, vanity mirror covers, and an alcantara headliner. Importantly the seats are semi-aniline resulting in a much more supple and opulent feel.

Sport body appearance package
Distronic Radar Cruise Control
Keyless Go
Dynamic driver and passenger front seats that inflate bolsters during cornering and have a massage feature
Heated and ventilated front and rear seats
Rear seat package (reclining rear seats)
Parktronic parking sensors
Independent rear air conditioner
Side and rear sunshades
Linguatronic voice control
Electronic Trunk closer

Ladies and Gentlemen,
You are looking at the most luxurious car you’ll find for $13,900. The full leather interior is in excellent condition with below average wear and like new rear seats. Only points to mention in the interior are two minor cracks in the wood on the steering wheel and one spot on the steering wheel where the dye has worn off (see pics). The exterior shows well, but has some issues that I’ll describe below due to it being parked outside for the time I owned it. I rate the exterior a 6.5, but the interior a 9.

The car has been meticulously maintained with regular oil changes (Mobil 1 0w-40 synthetic and fleece Mercedes filters). Air filters, cabin filter, transmission fluid, transfer case fluid, and differential fluid have all been replaced ahead of schedule and within the last 10,000 miles. The car has started every single day over the past seven years, has never left me stranded, illuminated the check engine light, or required any added oil. The V8 makes excellent power and the transmission shifts well. The car has some minor highway vibrations that are likely tire/wheel balance related. I hardly drive on the highway for long distances so I have not looked further into this. Car also has a very minor drivetrain vibration at idle. This comes and goes and is hardly noticeable but I’m picky so I mention it. Has not had any detrimental effects and the Mercedes STAR diagnosis system shows no faults with engine or transmission. Again…full disclosure.

Recent repairs include one rear strut (new arnott), airmatic compressor and bracket, airmatic filter, airmatic valve block, rear brake rotors, front upper control arms, driveshaft flex disks, fuel filter, EGR valve, MAF sensor, fuel injectors ultrasonically cleaned, cam position sensor, and harmonic balancer. Included are all receipts (with the exception of the purchase of the oil) and records from my ownership.

The car rides on a set of 18”x8” AMG 5 spoke replica wheels (with some curb rash) and 245/45/18 Michelin MXV4 all-season tires with approximately 80% tread. It also has Akebono ceramic front pads and EBC Redstuff rear pads (akebono not available on the 4matic rear). Brake dust is at an absolute minimum and there is tons of pad life left. The factory 18” AMG wheels are included in the sale and also have some nicks and curb rash.

The good:
Very low miles
Well maintained
Lots of new parts
Fully loaded with incredible interior that is in great condition
Unique color combination

The bad:

A few hail dents, some rock chipping on the front end, a few scrapes and scratches on the body, and some acid etching from bird droppings (that may be removed with a good detail).
Some evidence of paintwork, but no evidence of accident damage, and a clean carfax.
Front bumper has a crack at the bottom drivers side but its not visible unless you get down to look at it.
Some crazing of the plastic parts on the mirrors, rear bumper, and hood vent piece.
Slight oil leak from the oil level sensor.
Drivers door keyless go handle will unlock the car but the lock button is broken. The others work fine
Due to an errant newspaper knocking off the sharkfin GPS unit, I’m using a trunk mounted aftermarket antenna that works great but it looks aftermarket (could not mount on window due to tint).

To summarize, this is a luxury icon with one of the nicest interiors I’ve ever seen that needs a little TLC to look and feel like a new car. I have tried to honestly describe the issues to the best of my ability. Car is being sold as-is with no warranties expressed or implied. Interested buyers can contact me for a showing, test drive, and I will hook up the STAR computer to verify the lack of faults.

Thanks for looking and don’t hesitate to contact me with questions or if you want pics of something:

Old 03-11-2015, 02:23 PM
Quadcammer is on a distinguished road

Old 03-11-2015, 02:24 PM

Old 03-11-2015, 09:37 PM
trinitony is a jewel in the roughtrinitony is a jewel in the roughtrinitony is a jewel in the roughtrinitony is a jewel in the rough
Nice car Quad. GLWS...

Old 03-12-2015, 12:27 PM
DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !
Great deal and the car looks clean! If I wasn't set on finding an SUV/Truck I'd be all over this for a winter daily

Old 03-12-2015, 08:01 PM
Banned
2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future
2005 s500

Originally Posted by DSCOFF
Great deal and the car looks clean! If I wasn't set on finding an SUV/Truck I'd be all over this for a winter daily
you can borrow it from me Akash just ask

Old 03-12-2015, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by 2swoosh
you can borrow it from me Akash just ask
he is actually my neighbor.

sale pending.

Old 03-14-2015, 08:18 PM
pu911 will become famous soon enough
Did car sell?

Phil

Old 03-15-2015, 06:30 AM
Banned
2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future
Drove her home yesterday (90 miles), unbelievably felt like a new car with 57k original miles, OP is a hard core P car guy has a black 993 turbo in the garage and a 997 twin turbo as a daily, thanks OP surely my cousin will cherish the car for a long long time.